Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi - Combo Discussion 3.5

I think just 2CC will work as long as you do it before they fall too low for the IAD after the spinny effect.

You can definitely go straight into 2CC - that's how I do it. Which means that's it's probably sub-optimal and that adding the 5C gets you more damage, but 2CC definitely works.

Do you have to use a 5C before the 2CC or can you just go 3CC > RC > 2CC > IAD?

Have to admit I didn't know you could go into 5C and have it work though I'm not to surprised since 5C seems to be able to squeeze into most combos.

Yea it's like everyone said you don't have to use it, but it does add a little extra damage.

Oh ok cuz I know I've been just going into 2CC and having it work. Good to know though just in case. Thanks guys :D

If you guys want to get fancy after landing 3CC with meter in mid screen you can do

3CC > RC > j.CC(delay both hits) > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B for 3608 damage and 14 meter gain.

In the corner I would go for

3CC > RC > 6CC(delayed) > 236C > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B for 3725 damage and 11 meter gain.

If you're going for damage-

3CC > RC > 6CC (delayed) > 236C > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2C > j.CC > j.236A > j.214C for a tasty 4121 damage, 20 meter gain with an optional air dash left over in the air combo ender.

Note that those combos listed above are all none FC combos- you can get even crazier stuff off FC 3CC.

If you land a 3CC without meter, use the opportunity to setup your offense for a meaty hit like 5B/6A/6C which are all fairly easy to meaty with a little practice.

What are some good Guard Crush combos for Tsubaki? Right now I'm just doing guard crush > (5D charge 1 stock) > 6CC > Mugen combo or just 6CC > 263C > j236A (whiff) > j214D...combos. I was messing with j236D > j214D (guard crush) into combos for 4-5k but that takes at least two stocks just for a chance to break their guard lol.

5D > 6CC > Mugen > 3D combo > IAD combo is the best way to go really.

If you do not have meter, go for 6CC > 214D > IAD combo. If you're not gonna use stock, you'll have to go for the j.BB loop combo, the combo you specified, or the normal, being 5BB > 2BB > Stuff :V

5BB/5C > j.BB > j.C > 5C > j.BB > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B for instance.

Guys, I don't mean to sound mean, but I feel the combo thread is really underused.

Here Thunderbolt:

236D > Dash 5C > j.BB > j.C > 5C > j.BB > j.C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 22B

Guys, I don't mean to sound mean, but I feel the combo thread is really underused.

Here Thunderbolt:

236D > Dash 5C > j.BB > j.C > 5C > j.BB > j.C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 22B

You can 5CC > 2C at the end, but it isn't universal. Although you can do this, It is tight due to the proration. I would say try to go for it but learn to recognize when it isn't going to work (need to be damn deep on that last j.C hit.

Sorry. I do have the combo thread up. I'm mostly asking questions so I can learn more about them, and decide which combos are better for me.

Stop apologising Thunder aha! It's all good! I just wanna make sure it's used but I'm not angry or anything. Errol is the culprit though ;p

You can 5CC > 2C at the end, but it isn't universal. Although you can do this, It is tight due to the proration. I would say try to go for it but learn to recognize when it isn't going to work (need to be damn deep on that last j.C hit.

I always omit 5CC > 2C from my loops because it doesn't always hit. How much success have you had with this Errol? Is there some sort of technique to get this down?

You need to input j.9B and the j.BB needs to be delayed slightly. If it's a CH 5C, the j.9B followup needs to be delayed slightly against some characters like Jin.

It doesn't work on characters with small hitboxes and it's inconsistent against Makoto and Lambda.

Ooh that's something else I could've asked for in my wishlist. For j.B to have a bigger hitbox. It'll make her loop combos way easier.

Yea she has a small hitbox. It also will not work on Carl and Platinum.

Try practicing it on Ragna or Jin.

Yea no probz dude.

Remember you can only do it a maximum of 2 times, becuase it'll drop at the j.C if you opt for a third. So it's still good using 5A > 5C for instance, for not off low prorated starters like 2A.

For the 2nd j.BB, you need to do dash 5C > j.9B > j.BB. If you don't dash it will not work, or it'll just be extremely harder on some characters.

Errol is the culprit though ;p

I always omit 5CC > 2C from my loops because it doesn't always hit. How much success have you had with this Errol? Is there some sort of technique to get this down?

I don't think there's any trick, just that it's character specific. Doesn't work on Jin. I didn't realize until I saw, not that it whiffs, but that it doesn't hit in time, on Jin. Related to character 'reeling backwards' hitboxes I think (the same kinda thing that causes it to fail on Lambda/Mu).

You'll have to double check and let me know if you can actually do it on Lambda and Makoto. I'm pretty sure it's impossible on Lambda, as far as Makoto, I just tested a bit but j.B always whiffed for me.

Ah alright, thanks dude, though I can't double check anything until Friday (Finally!).