Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

tomorrow..? it's still today yyyoo..that was fast

ok so its stop doing random/blocked chun followups, do more grab mixups and more baiting(how the fuck do I do this??) :v

anyway thx stardemon, much appreciated

and that combo u said u always drop at that tk.chun, I did it properly on the losers finals bracket(against arakune) after I lost against hazama

====

and the way u comment makes me think u understand this matchup better than I do

Nonsense - I'm the worst Litchi.

Also - there's lots of alternatives to things you do with the staff and when you try to attack. As I mentioned, grabs are also strong and important to use in conjunction with OH and Low.

In order ot bait things you just need to have techniques and make certain choices as you hit people. If you threaten them enough they will just burst or HAVE to burst - that's when you stop pushing buttons and hit 4/1 and you take their resources. Now you can do 4000 damage.

aww... ur just being considerate :v

anyway, noted them all, but have no idea whether they'll pop out in my mind when I play :vbang:

Also - there's lots of alternatives to things you do with the staff and when you try to attack. As I mentioned, grabs are also strong and important to use in conjunction with OH and Low.

In order ot bait things you just need to have techniques and make certain choices as you hit people. If you threaten them enough they will just burst or HAVE to burst - that's when you stop pushing buttons and hit 4/1 and you take their resources. Now you can do 4000 damage.

Star understands a lot, he just has trouble applying it at the right times.

If I do get random 5aa hits, what should I press next to get more damage?

if they are in air jumpcancel > j.b dj.b > ender

on ground - hitconfirm ground anything.

you could j.a j.b dj.b j.c haku chun not much but you'll confirm something

If you're the worst then maybe it's a bad idea for me to start trying to learn more about this character, seeing as I wouldn't break past non-existent lol.

here you go dead snake, something you can go by since you keep getting those great hits with 5 a. it's just some things you can do after words, some are situational. i hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMI35dq9LU

@sarixis: old habits die hard, what ever bad habits you come up with while learning litchi can be overcomed. that's the best challenge i think, to do something out of your comfort zone to break the habit. just play her and practice if you really like to play her, if not it's okay, there are other characters to play too :)

you could j.a j.b dj.b j.c haku chun not much but you'll confirm something

There is actually a whole slew of things that can be done after a 5A anti-air:

Staff:

5A > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.D

CH 5A > 2C > 6D(1) > Dash > 5C > 2C > 6C(1) > Chun > Dash > 5B > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Hatsu > Chun (Or j.B > j.C > 4Kote > AD)

(Near corner) CH 5A > 2C > 4D > Dash > 5D/2D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > 5D > Chun > 6D(2) > 5B > 6C(1) > 4Kote > j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > Falling j.C > Staff 2 > Sliding 6A

(Corner) CH 5A > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > Falling j.B > j.Hatsu > Haku > Chun > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > IppatsuB > 5D > Chun > 6D(2) > 5B > 6C(1) > 4Kote > j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > Falling j.C > Staff 2 > Sliding 6A (6B can be added before 6D when you are further away from the corner)

Staffless:

5A > j.A > j.A > j.C > j.B > Dash > 6C(1) > 4/6Kote > Sliding 6A > 5C > 2C > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Hatsu > Chun

(I'll edit this later with some more staffless confirms)

Also, I don't want this to turn into a big combo discussion, please don't start discussing combos after this. Thank you! ;)

There is actually a whole slew of things that can be done after a 5A anti-air:

Staff:

5A > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.D

CH 5A > 2C > 6D(1) > Dash > 5C > 2C > 6C(1) > Chun > Dash > 5B > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Hatsu > Chun (Or j.B > j.C > 4Kote > AD)

(Near corner) CH 5A > 2C > 4D > Dash > 5D/2D > IAD > j.C > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > 5D > Chun > 6D(2) > 5B > 6C(1) > 4Kote > j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > Falling j.C > Staff 2 > Sliding 6A

(Corner) 5A > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > Falling j.B > j.Hatsu > Haku > Chun > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > IppatsuB > 5D > Chun > 6D(2) > 5B > 6C(1) > 4Kote > j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > Falling j.C > Staff 2 > Sliding 6A (6B can be added before 6D when you are further away from the corner)

Staffless:

5A > j.A > j.A > j.C > j.B > Dash > 6C(1) > 4/6Kote > Sliding 6A > 5C > 2C > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Hatsu > Chun

(I'll edit this later with some more staffless confirms)

Also, I don't want this to turn into a big combo discussion, please don't start discussing combos after this. Thank you! ;)

sounds cool, and here i was experimenting while making that video for deadsnake smh should have put more effort into it lol. but at least this will help him and other litchi players who are having a hard time confirming 5A hits.

those CH 5a combos sounds cool...

but in that situation, I'll be able to confirm usually with 5a 5a, iirc, 5a doesn't have counter carry so it's like I'm gonna waste the proration on the second 5a

but just lemme try it first...

thx everyone

no problem. just remember to keep practicing before you know it you'll be doing combos out the ass lol

@sarixis: old habits die hard, what ever bad habits you come up with while learning litchi can be overcomed. that's the best challenge i think, to do something out of your comfort zone to break the habit. just play her and practice if you really like to play her, if not it's okay, there are other characters to play too :)

ty. I'm not afraid to try new things, I just felt a bit unsure as to how to practice and develop my foundation with her on basics and BnBs. I'm probably just worried over nothing though lol. I do love playing her though and actually switched from Rachel to Litchi since her play style and zoning seemed to click with me better when I was on the fence of who to main.

ty. I'm not afraid to try new things, I just felt a bit unsure as to how to practice and develop my foundation with her on basics and BnBs. I'm probably just worried over nothing though lol. I do love playing her though and actually switched from Rachel to Litchi since her play style and zoning seemed to click with me better when I was on the fence of who to main.

Best way to start is to get a feel for the character, im sure you already have that is yo did challenge mode. watch some videos of other litchis see what they do what mistakes they make, ect ect. go to the lab and experiment with different things, if there is a combo too hard try doing different sections of it until you find what is troubling you the most. Just don't stop is all and an hour practice does wonders (that includes fighting other people as well)

I really want something new to learn - I feel like I have no goals with this character's stuff anymore and I've written off a lot.

on CH 5A discussion

realistically on the ground you can use 5A>5A+B to confirm on the ground

as far as air hits, that would rely on you assuming you're going to get an air CH with 5A. most chars have only one or no jump in's you can AA with 5A. realistically, with the staff the only 5A CH confirm you need this version is 5A (CH) > (visually confirm) > 5A > sj aerial. staffless, you can go into jAACB or jA > delay jC delay jB (harder but doesn't fuck up your proration) > 6C(1) 4kote > ground combo part of choice. corner would be 5A CH > jA > delay jC delay jB > air hatsu > land haku chun > combo part of choice

what will the 5a+b do? I don't get it

some kind of option select?

i think it's suppose to confirm a 5b after a 5a doing so you could spot the combo oprotunity. i could be wrong though since i haven't used it @_@

i wrote the inputs incorrectly, excuse me

it's supposed to be 5a > 4a+b

5a touches/hits = 5a > 5n

5a whiffs = 5a > barrier guard

Im having trouble conditioning people to block low when im pressuring with staff since her 2B cant be gattled to anything that would lead into damage/mixup, what should i be doing when im pressuring? should i not have staff equipped when im on offence.

Im having trouble conditioning people to block low when im pressuring with staff since her 2B cant be gattled to anything that would lead into damage/mixup, what should i be doing when im pressuring? should i not have staff equipped when im on offence.

You can't stick to one stance when pressuring, you have to learn to transition between each stance. with 2b[m] you can 6d after as a frame trap 4d for an over head or 6c[m] to push them back and rest to neutral. If you hit with either of them 4d will send them back on reaction and 50 meter you can RC into a combo. 6d wont do much unless it's a CH or RC'd and will lead to good damage. 6c[m] you can iad into j.b land 5b 2c so on and so forth. it's important to remember what you can do after each hit during pressure in order to maintain momentum as well as keep the opponent scared of your next move. Her pressure is better without the staff but that doesn't mean remane staff-less during pressure, you can call it back and set it if you have the opponent respecting you to make certain move safe(calling it back)/keep them pressured(after staff set). they can mash if you set the staff but if they are too scared to go for it.

Had something-like-fun games with Vice-Taicho again:

Better but worse, in some ways.

I get Chun a lot when I want something else. God damn.

Is it possible he knows all my bad habits by now and I don't know his?

that all green got in because the last sprite of litchi's all green is pushing vicetaicho a bit further to the all green and I think he's pressing j.b so his hitbox got a bit bigger thanks to litchi's legs

anyway, vicetaicho is sooooooo good O___O

yeah yeah yeah. This is about ME, you know. :P

Unless you mean I'm giving him a handful and a half, then I'm okay with that.