Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Here's today's challenge:

Actually get 6[A] to hit mid combo fully charged.

Give me a few minutes on that Manta because I found a few, they aren't optimal I thinks...probably but I will video tape to jerry springer in the background yo.

Sorry it took so long to do this Manta my last few days were hectic.

Lol, So it seems without RC the best we get is 236 Counter for getting a 6[A] in.

Yeah.

I tried FC 6B>RC 6A but that doesn't work.

you need RC and a ton of untech time to make use of it mid combo.

2C Fatal RC probably does it too, but there's little point.

Also, does that mean that 236 stuns for longer than 236B? Or is that just counterhit?

That was just counter hit.

charged Bsledge has the same amount of stun as normal Bsledge.

Thankfully Bsledge is +1.

Still a long-ass stun that. Means you can probably walk up to them if you hit at distance and still get a nice 2C or whatever off.

236B CH, 1080 also seems plausible.

dunno if Bsledge CH still leads to astral in CSEX, but i'm pretty sure it worked in CT at the very least. never tried in CS

I notice the combo video doesn't include any aircombo finishes, are these deemed to be suboptimal?

Also, random thought. Is 2C (FC), j.D 623C possible? If so, Lol mid-combo magnetism.

Mm, yeah, that'd be pretty damn sweet if fatal 2C pretty much guaranteed magnetism.

Now I'm wondering if j5D could be used midcombo in circumstances outside of even fatal 2C. Even if it required a rapid cancel. Could be fun to mess with.

Ok I just updated the combo thread a bit, next up will be corner combos.

After playing around some more the 2 corner options are dependent on proration.

On the matter of the wiki I worked on it but I only messed with frame data a bit.

I'll get around to it since no one else wants to do it.

Hurdur redundant.

I notice the combo video doesn't include any aircombo finishes, are these deemed to be suboptimal?

Also, random thought. Is 2C (FC), j.D 623C possible? If so, Lol mid-combo magnetism.

Actually Manta this time around that maybe absolutely possible. I saw some Tager hit a counter hit jD and land then 5D on the ground and it comboed. That isn't possible in either version prior to EX. So I guess it is safe to assume that what you are asking is possible. The way I see it is that there is less untech time on the ground when CH'd with a move than in the air so if you get hit in the air in this game by Tager then...yeah you get the picture. So just try it. With the way we gain heat.....rc combos are absolutely viable and are only going to make Tager stronger due to damage and gaining everything we spent back. I too wondered that after I watched the recently updated Tager vids.

FC 2C>j.D>623C isn't possible since tager's jump is slow.

But you know you can probably do FC 2C>j.D>RC>j.2C>stuff

Probably do about 4K and get all the heat back.

On a unrelated note we can pretty much add spark to any combo and get MTW>TB provided you don't prorate the combo too hard.

I always thought we can do this but playing this game extensively and watching matches confirms this belief.

My hype levels jumped a whole lot now.

FC 2C>j.D>623C isn't possible since tager's jump is slow.

But you know you can probably do FC 2C>j.D>RC>j.2C>stuff

Probably do about 4K and get all the heat back.

On a unrelated note we can pretty much add spark to any combo and get MTW>TB provided you don't prorate the combo too hard.

I always thought we can do this but playing this game extensively and watching matches confirms this belief.

My hype levels jumped a whole lot now.

It seems that every massive damage combo ends with spark>6C>MTW>TB, even when it's the second 6C in the combo and the proration goes to shit it's still okay due to minimum damage. If it's possible there it's possible just about everywhere else. The 6C comes highly recommended since it gains such good heat and is sometimes the difference between TB and not.

Maho you blew my mind with that.

I am gonna add all of these.

I also assume that they are not character specific?

You gave me the idea to look for midcombo magnetism after 2C FC, thank you for that : http://youtu.be/bKPa1_BkmGw

Bad ass! Bringing that new technology! There were many times where i got a fatal 2C, but was saddened because my opponent was not magnetized. So i ended up doing a weak combo. This changes things! Good shit!

I can't get the 5B link to work on Carl, looks like due to his hitbox, otherwise it works on everyone.

Changes things? This changes everything!

Welp I know I will never worry about mag on my fatal 2C again.

This not only does more damage but also gives out so much meter it is not even funny.

GG's Maho I have to hop on the game and learn this NOW!

Edit: that is fine maho.

Double posting but it's my forum so deal with it.

Ok Maho I figured out this sweet combo you found.

It is finicky with distance but you can fix that with A sledge and then when they are almost head length you can walk forward jump to keep yourself from crossing up and being too far for 5B to connect.

It took me about 20 minutes to break down the combo for me to actually execute it.

Now for consistency.