Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Ragna vs Noel

so fluck told me about this earlier in the blazblue IRC that meaty 2C does not work against noel's drives anymore, due to 2C losing body attribute. however, 5D(2) and 6C(2) both still work, and 6C brings the best results when used as a meaty.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't beat 4D since it's now projectile invincible

Thats true

and about the matchup in general, not as bad as CS2, not by a long shot but still in Noel's favor for the most part

Keep away and you will save the day.

Even match-up, but you can make it especially annoying if you just space and don't go in much. We have long range hit confirms, time to use 'em.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't beat 4D since it's now projectile invincible

Actually Dead Spike does beat 4D.

I can't tell you why exactly, but it does, maybe it's F Property overrides 4D's projectile invuln.

I think it has to due with Deadspike just being so slow. 4D only has 19 invul frames, where all of it's invul attributes apply, and then after that, it can be hit by anything before it really starts up (which is like, on frame 24 or something).

Space Deadspike, and it will always hit Noel out of 4D.

I think it has to due with Deadspike just being so slow. 4D only has 19 invul frames, where all of it's invul attributes apply, and then after that, it can be hit by anything before it really starts up (which is like, on frame 24 or something).

Space Deadspike, and it will always hit Noel out of 4D.

Nah that's not it, It's hit me at every frame of 4D so far, like I'll be in the corner, and Leo will throw out deadspike, and I'll throw out 4D because instead of reacting to the animation, I'm reacting to the gap in pressure like a scrub, and then I'll get hit by the deadspike, during the first few frames of 4D.

it doesn't have anything to do with dead spike's slow start up, it just straight up beats them. I do it meaty, ie, it's hitting her out of start up of the drives, and it works vs all of them.

I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't tested it, dudes.

What I'm guessing is, if Noel reacts to DS and 4Ds, Noel wins. If both moves start at the same time, DS wins.

So spaced meaty DS=Noel has to block or tech through it?

Yeah, if it's meaty or spaced we can't 2D it either, we get air hit if we do, which means a free corner combo for you, assuming you're in the corner of course.

Though it's still a bad idea to throw it out up close, we CAN 2D it if you spaced it wrong, and if Noel is in the corner and hits you with 2D, that's a free corner combo for us.

This knowledge will make those days I randomly do ranked less hellish. I swear Noel has un-blockables online. Offline I can block the bitch just fine >_<

lol, same here, no matter how good the connection is I can't block random Assault Through for the life of me. Offline though, it's a free 2.5k for me :3

and so the input display makes sense, note that noel is player 1

Coming back to this, 4D has projectile property.

Dead Spike is >>>>>> projectiles, so would that be why this works?

deadspike IS a projectile though

also

6C and 5D(1) body the fuck out of drives

6C and 5D(1) body the fuck out of drives

Old news, but yes they do. 6A works great for 2D, though 6C also beats it.

Block Punishes vs Noel:

Guaranteed:

3C

- (dash) 5B crouch hit

d.236D

- dash 5B

- 5C

d.214D

- (dash) 5B

d.623D

- (dash) 2C

j.D

- (dash) 2C (also FC out of cancels to any other drive after landing)

- air hit 5B/5C (blocked from higher up)

j.236C

- (dash) 5B

214A

- crouch, FC 2C

Fenrir

- dash FC 2C (wait til she's out of bullets)

- During flash BK > dash FC 2C

Bullet Storm

- after first barrage > air hit 5C

Astral

- (dash) 5B

- After flash neutral jump > CH nj.C/D

- After flash BK > FC 2C

Anyone let me know if something isn't true or feel free to add anything I miss.

okay, so I'll give you guys the lowdown. Hello, my name is Super Phoenix, and I am a Ragna player. I have a lot of trouble with the Noel match up, I think that maybe 30 ~ 40% is the match up and the other 60 ~ 70% is just the player I'm playing against.

So generally my match starts like this.

1) My friend either backdashes or air dashes straight to me with what seems to be her 5c?(She spins around and shoots some bursts of fire from her gun, I know it's not revolver blast, because she doesn't say anything.)

So if he backdashes I try to run up and 5b him, only to get beat out by his 5b, I checked the frame data, and my 5b starts up in 8 frames and is active on the 8th frame. His 5b starts up in 10 frames and is active on the 8th frame. Now then, the problem is, I always end up getting hit with a counter hit and usually eat about 3k midscreen/carried to the corner. In cases like this, do I forgo trying to start up with dash 5b and just go dash 5c? I've noticed that if I delay my 5b by 1 ~ 10 frames I can beat him with my 5b and get the usual 5b, 5c, 214a, 214d.

When he air dashes I usually just block the air dash 5c and let him do his thing. I'm uncertain if I should C Inferno Divider him or attempt to do 6a and combo him.

Now after he 5c's me. He usually lands and starts doing a good bit of 2a and I can't 2a him back because I'm in block stun. Then he does that overhead into slide and combos me for 3 ~4k. Now I think I can just DP him out of it, but once again, I'm scared to do so. Now also he throws me a lot in the corner, matter of fact thats how most of it goes, I get put into the corner and he throws me and gets a good bit of damage of it and I'm usually forced to burst.

I'm never close enough to connect with 5b, 6a to start combo, it's normally 5b,5c,214a,214d and then I put him in the corner. So what exactly am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to correct it?