Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CSE] Rachel Combos

So I just tested this new combo route on everyone, and it doesn't seem to work on the whole cast.

Works on: Jin, Hazama, Tsubaki, Bang, Valk, Platinum, and Relius

Really really hard on: Taokaka

Doesn't work on: Ragna, Noel, Litchi, Tager, Lambda, Arakune, Carl, Rachel, Mu, Makoto

I don't know: Hakumen

On Tao I was only able to connect it once, the part where it was really difficult was the '...j.C, JC, j.2C, j.214C...'

On Ragna, Noel, Litchi, Lambda, and Makoto it doesn't work for the obvious 3C(3), 236B not working on them.

For the rest it doesn't work on, either the second hit of 5A doesn't connect or after the second hit of 5A, 5B doesn't connect. Tried it with one hit of 5A, 5B, and it didn't work.

I haven't been successful with Hakumen, since I suck at that quick dash cancel after the 236B.

As always, feel free to double check, as I could be wrong on some of this. :v:

here's something fun (and annoying as hell to land consistently)

(frog hits) point blank 236b 5a(2) 5b sj.[c] j.c dj delay j.2c j.214c falling j.2c land 236b sj. dj.c j.214c

3k, 0 wind midscreen combo l made up yesterday using the new combo route... damn its too hard for me atm so im posting it here.. not sure if its universal.

l was gonna save it for the cmv but i'm being so lazy with working on that lol

I'm a little curious, are most combos feasible to pull off after a Gold Break Burst and/or is there any recommended combos that should be effective to use after one?

I also wonder if there are any specific combos that utilize a Gold Break Burst in the middle of them. I'm going to have a few matches with a friend of mine and see what I can do though, it'll probably end in tears for me xD

EDIT: Can't seem to find anything during what little matches I played and I'm not very creative enough to try and figure one out. Also my Gold Break Bursts make me loose a wind stock.

Yeah, you can pull off pretty much any air combo and lv2 j.2C stuff.

You can use 5B to catch them airborne and then go for a basic air combo [sj.B > j.A > j.B > j.C > jc > j.2C (delayed) > 2A(whiff)] if you don't have wind to spend or a lv2 j.2C combo.

For the sake of example this would work midscreen:

Gold burst > 5B > j.C > 2D > 9jc > j.2C > 236B > j.C > j.C > j.214C > BBL > 214A > 236A > 3C(1) > 214C > (frog) > 236A > 3C(1) > 214C > 3C(1) > pumpkin [2 winds, ~3.2k dmg]

Though the gold burst proration is pretty bad so I wouldn't suggest it unless you're going for the kill or trying to get back the momentum. It's also possible to gold burst out of the corner, it will give you enough time to switch sides and go for your own corner combo instead.

By the way, if you wanna practice combos, I found that going through every combo in Sakaku's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoA0IBDQSXc) once in a while helps a lot. Might as well thank you for the vid, it was pretty useful, I like this more than a wall of text.

I've used the combo a couple of times (the one that reminds me of challenge 9 from CS2/2nd one you mentioned) after a GBB in training, haven't been able to do it safely in a match so far, never thought about trying to use them to get out of the corners and turn things around though. I've also been working on making it habbit to check on Sakaku's combo video every so often, see what I can work on and pick up there along with other videos in the first post. Some really nice stuff there I agree :)

Thanks for your help in answering my question and giving advise/info on Gold Break Bursts and how I should go about executing combos when I use one. Gives me something to work on while I'm in training mode next time :)

EDIT: Just edited my post for I had to dash earlier and rushed the post, thought I'd tidy it up a bit. Sorry for any trouble caused.

Just added a bunch of kerokero combos and the combo route to the guide and included the combo video in the first post.

These j.2C j.214C j.2C combos look hype as hell. Has anyone been able to land one of these during matches, or more precise: are they even practical?

On another note:

What do we currently have as far as optimal guard crush combos (both midscreen and corner)? Rachel has lost a few primer breaking moves in EX so getting a lv.3 j.2C as a starter doesn't seem as likely without RC.

5CC no longer breaks primer.

j.2C lv2 no longer breaks primer (lv3 only breaks 1 primer)

4B and 2C both recover too slowly to get lv.3 j.2C out in time.

You can still do FC j.2C after 4B.

If you don't feel like risking it, you can also do 214A (dash) 2C (frog) [whatever]. You have enough time to confirm it into a combo/blockstring if there was no guard crush.

The j.2c sword iris j.2c combos are practical really only when you only have one wind stock imo. Kerokero is much stronger in terms of corner positioning and oki, not to mention kerokero works on the whole cast

Also, as far as gold bursts go, if ur opponent is close to you when you gold burst, I like going straight into Baden lily then 5b jc j.C 2d jc j.2c 2a whiff 5cc just because it gets pretty much the same damage and is much easier to pull off. I haven't tested exact damages

EDIT:

i did some testing, and in terms of combo potential, going straight to baden lily off gold burst is the more preferable choice because if you have 2 more wind stocks AFTER bursting, you can actually perform a fatal counter by doing sj 8d (9) j.2c 2d after the baden lily then do a full j.2c combo. this combo will net you around 4k. however, it's not the easiest to pull off and going straight into 5b is a dependable option, even if it doesn't net as much damage. if you perform a corner combo off 5b after gold burst into fatal, you will net almost as much as if you baden lily directly after the gold burst.

I like the sound of those BBL combos, I'll have to mess around in training and get used to those combos of a GBB. I'm trying to utilize bursting more effectively to try and turn the tables in some matches for all I seem to do is burst sometimes when I may not need to or just randomly. If I've only got one wind after a GBB, I'll stick with the first combo you mentioned for I quite like how it smashes your opponent in/near the corner from using 5CC :)

Btw I was messing aound in training a day or two ago and I've been working on my timing for this corner combo I just randomly ended up pulling when it came to the 3C part xD

Problem is trying to start it of with 5CC in the corner. I apologize for my terrible typing/writting of combos but I was wondering what you all might think.

5CC > 236B > Dash > 6A > BBL > SJ.8D > J.2C 2D > Ground 214A > (You need to catch your opponent really low and in time with the frog using 3C) Frog activates and you hold down 3[C] > 5CC (should be able to use 5CC before the frog deactivates > Pumpkin

Sorry if that was a bit of a mouthful. It uses 2 wind and used 50heat for BBL and does just over 6K damage although awkward to pull off I find. Still haven't checked how much it gains wind and heat wise but thought I'd share it with you all nonetheless :)

Wish I had recording gear to upload via Youtube or something for my explanations are terrible xD

EDIT: 33 Heat Gain, not the best wind gain of around 3/4 - 1 stock D:

testing some combos after i got vita

(2A>5B>5D>)5CC>236B>66A>5B>sj.[C]>j.C>dj.2C>j.214C>j.2C>BBL/5CC 0-1 wind combo

5C FC>3C>9D>j.C>3D>j.2C lv2>2A>5CC>214A>5B>236A>6A>5B>sj.[C]>j.C>dj.2C>j.214C>j.2C>BBL/5CC not sure what is optimal after 236A.

trying to find more swag combos:<

upd:

5C FC>3C>9D>j.C>3D>j.2C lv2>2A>5CC>214A>5B>236A>4B>5B>sj.[C]>j.C>dj.2C>j.214C>j.2C>BBL>oki 5500 dmg/50 heat

upd2:

5B>3D>5CC>5B>236A>4B>5B>sj.[C]>j.C>dj.2C>j.214C>j.2C ~4000 dmg/~35 heat

レリウス用のコンボレシピやっぱ間違ってた。B>C>3C3>Bロベ>微ダ5A1>hjc>JC>ホールドJC>jc>JC>J2C>アイリス>J2C>2Aスカ>5Cスカ>追加C

found on middians twitter. Looks delicious)Relius specific.

tr: 5B>5C>3C>236B>665A(1)>sj.[C]>j.C>dj>j.C>j.2C>214C>j.2C>2A>5CC

So, I've been trying to get down the cat chair CH>7D BBL>super jump and j.2C(lv3) thing and I've found that looking down at my thumbs while I do the 7D and BBL makes me much more successful. For some reason it's really hard to keep myself oriented while watching it happen on the screen. I still mess up a lot though. Anyone have any advice?

practice, practice, practice! if you can do it, the next step is to do it consistently. there isn't really a trick to it. you can practice doing 2c ch 7d about 10 times, once you get it 10 times out of 10, start doing 2c ch 7d bbl. l REALLY recommend you try your hardest to look at the screen while doing this, but if you cant at first, its not a big deal, you can 'listen' to the combo until you get comfortable.

I was messing around on BBCS (Not Extend) waiting on training mode for ranked matches and I discovered this odd like combo that hasn't been listed from what I know. I've just tried it on Extend just now and it seems to work just as well. I wanted to share and see others opinions. That is if I can type how to input the combo right. I still wish I had recording gear as I'm still trying to get familiar with writing combos xD

It's a combo of a throw which is similar to other throw combo start ups but I went for a winded IAD after 9D. I do this midscreen but if you're closer to the corner you can skip using a wind stock during the IAD:

Throw > 9D > Winded IAD > j.C > air BBL > sj.8D > j.2C [lvl 3] > 214A > 5CC > (frog) > 5CC > 214B

Hope it makes sense. This combo uses 50 Heat and 4 Wind, does around 3710 damage and you regain 1 Wind. You also gain around 27 Heat from performing this combo.

I know a combo that uses 4 wind isn't very practical during a match, so I've written up variations but I think it would be best to go for ~frog oki when you land after the air BBL :)

(Hope I got the terminology right when describing all this)

Edit:

Many thanks to Tari for poiting out my mistake when I typed 7D when I was meant to put 9D. Thought it best to change the numbers :)

7D? That would wind them towards you, which makes the winded IAD seem superfluous. Did you mean 9D? There're a number of 'throw 9D IAD j.C land BBL' combos that involve capitalizing on wall bounce.

Oh yeah. I'm such a doughnut xD Yeah I meant 9D but didn't see any listed... Or I've been looking at the wrong stuff again. Sorry about that, thanks for pointing out my mistakes :)

I apologize for any confusion caused.

Yeah, we might not have those listed. They're in the combo videos somewhere, though.

Fair enough, I'll go and have another look through the videos as I've been meaning to do so again anyway. I'll be sure to check them before making any future posts in this thread :)

It's definitely worth pointing out any useful combos that we don't have listed, so don't worry about it. :P

That's all good then. I also thought it best to change the 7D to 9D in the post since you pointed out my mistake. Someone might try out using 7D and wonder what's going on otherwise. Thanks again for pointing it out :)

is stuff > lv 2 j.2C > Air George + 2D > 5B > j.B j.C > j.2C > j.236C (Whiff) worth the 2 wind cost for George + Lobelia on wakeup? or are there better options for this?

there are better options. l personally would 99% of the time go for corner carry/pumpkin + 1/2 rods oki because that's the optimal position for her. (l wont go on about why. we all know why.) this setup isnt particularly bad, just outclassed, so you can still use it if you want.

is stuff > lv 2 j.2C > Air George + 2D > 5B > j.B j.C > j.2C > j.236C (Whiff) worth the 2 wind cost for George + Lobelia on wakeup? or are there better options for this?

If you want to do an air-george combo, like td said, you should be doing air george - 1d - land - 5cc - 236c/b (hit) - george hits - dash - sword iris - 5cc if you want to do an air-george combo. this combo is good for its heat gain and extra damage, while also often leading to corner carry, still allowing for a pumpkin summon and occasionally a lobelia for oki. this combo also uses the same amount of wind as the combo you suggested.

typically j.2c combo enders, even into george aren't very strong because it's still difficult for rachel to punish a roll from this situation unless she air-summons george and burns whatever wind she has left after that combo.

Recently had a bad couple of months and haven't been playing BlazBlue for roughly 2 months itself but popped back on and messed around in training mode. I checked the Combo videos that still work and the combo listings. I tried looking into doing something like (5B > 6CD > J.C > Dash > 5B > 5CC > 236B) Well I'm working on the dashing part after J.C, I'm slow at these things but discovered this with this while messing around: Perhaps a Variation?

Thought I'd post it, ask about feasibility and whatnot xD

5B > 6CD > J.C > Dash > 5B > 5CC > 236B > jc9 > IAD > J.B > J.C > 214C > BBL > sj.8D > 236B > J.2C > Frog Oki

Something like that I guess. I'm not very good at typing combos or explaining things well. I think you might want to put J.2CD near the end there but I've managed to do it at times without the use of the extra wind. I'm not sure you can jump cancel out of 236B but I jump and air dash as soon as possible and while air dashing press J.B followed by J.C to connect my attacks. Then use 214C to shock the opponent then BBL.

Thought I'd put it up and double check. I checked out the corner carry section listed in the main page of this thread so I think it might be a variation. Sorry to trouble you all with this.

6A > 5B > j.C > 2D > jc > j.2C [lvl 2] > 236B > j.C > jc > j.C > j.214C

I seem to have trouble with this problem right at J.C > 2D > J.2C [LV 2]

either I hit the ground right when I hit 2D, or I can't land 2C at level 2, anyone got any tips?