Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Carl

Matchup Ranking: 4-6

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Carl vs Lambda

Overview

Two against one. If either get behind you, you're in for some trouble. This is the most defense intense match you will be fighting.

General Strategy

Focus on Carl when you can. Anytime Ada is doing an action, she can be stopped by hitting Carl or forcing him to block. There are instances where you won't be able to hit him, and these are times you are going to recognize.

Good Tools For The Match Up

Jump Cancellable moves

Things To Look Out For

Ada

Vivace 236A/B:

Volante 421]D[:

Brio 623]D[:

Conclusion

Will Update With Feedback

I don't think this match-up has changed much from CS2.

Jump-cancellable moves against Nirvana and IAD away. I caution against using 6DD too much, since I'm fairly certain Nirvana can deactivate in-between, leaving you stuck with long recovery. I recommend lone 6D's, j.2D's, 2C's, sometimes 6C.

If a Carl is using Vivace (his "roll" move) a lot, then try throwing out some 2A or 2B's.

Perhaps more so than a lot of other match-ups, you cannot afford to let him get in on you.

All that being said, this match-up has always been in Carl's favour IMO, so you're bound to lose some anyway.

Thanks for the tips about that roll.

What about Carls that IAD j.2C (is it j.2C?) and sometimes it crosses up?

What to do when I'm stuck between him and Nirvana?

Lots of Barrier blocking, Barrier IB'ing when you can. Backdash or jump+Barrier when you're given a gap. Counter Assault is another option as well, just make sure it isn't done predictably.

I think the j.2C thing just comes with match-up experience. Hopefully you get a feel for it after playing more Carl's. He's not a common match-up, but I'm lucky to be able to play offline with a good one every now and then.

What about Carls that IAD j.2C (is it j.2C?) and sometimes it crosses up?

It is a matter of distance. Take Carl into training mode and figure out the distance he needs to be in order for him to cross you up.

Act Parser C the doll a lot when its safe. The extended hitbox catches carl's 236A/Bs, airdashes, backdashes, forward dashes, 3C(Traded hit) and takes a chunk of Nirvana's meter away.

its really only good when carl is in the air though. When he is on the ground stick with 2B, 6B, and 2C. Maybe a grab if he tries to 236B through you