Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosumog

[#r] #reload Johnny Discussion

on light chars i always use 5k(ji)5hs mflvl2l dash 5hs dbt-db(frc) air combo timing is kind of strict if you omit 5k

wtf is this thread still doing here anyway, i always see MF2 rc dash 6H xx ensenga (i think thats the right notation) i cant figure out the reason. is it just to keep their recovery closer to the ground? also, why are pros always risking and missing jk p s djs h d ens on shitty distances even i could see it would miss (by the time they finish k p s)

probably was too far away for a DB combo and/or just wanted some easy damage

also, why are pros always risking and missing jk p s djs h d ens on shitty distances even i could see it would miss (by the time they finish k p s)

we're all human

so what are all the options from 6p 6k 2h CH. i've never taken them seriously cuz i couldnt confirm in the past but now i realize im plenty ready. ive seen 6p CH *walk to opponents side opposite of wall*, c.s,coin,p,HMF2 (to this day it makes me laugh when i see this) what are some dmg maximizing/coin/tension combos(or other CH launchers)? also, throwing out dbt db randomly, what are some stuff u can guarantee next to the wall? does db(frc) j.d, land, 6H xx work? is there some specific weights/distances u can do rejumps from? ive never had the pleasure of connecting one ^^ (*dbt db frc, j.d, land, j.p k s, dj.k p s d ens works for 207 xD) *i always forget to ask this; what is this backdash>throw mechanic to stop eddys wall rush. my only real opponent plays ED main *another important question i forget: throwing ED weight chars into a wall j.k s d ens is supposed to be a 1-hit i cant get this for the life of me =(

Sorry for reviving this thread, i just wanted to ask if someone can share some RCed TK ensenga corner combos. I don`t know i just do TK ensenga rc, dash in K,D ensenga. I know there were some combos on the old Johnny tutorial vid for #R but couldn`t find it anywhere.

Nothing to be sorry about. #r questions are what this thread is for. Generally you just airdash in with some sort of short string into a j.D. K-D, like you're already doing should work. Then land and continue with a combo. You should be able to jump back up and do an aircombo. If it's a low wallbounce, you may need to add a K and/or c.S before you jump. You can probably also go into Mist Finer combos and JI DB combos. Experiment around.

You can meaty anything the hits. You just have to start it early enough so that it hits when they get up. Something like 2D(1)>MC, should give you enough time to startup a dust and have it strike meaty. And probably most 1-hit combos, but I'm not sure and don't have #r so you'll have to experiment yourself.

I'm completely new to fighting games altogether (let alone Guilty Gear), and have decided to use Johnny. To start off, I've skimmed the Gameplay FAQ and the one on the site, although it is more geared for AC. Can you give me any tips, like what to work on first and so forth? So far, I can do very simple combos to practice(really just K, c.S, HS, 236 K or HS and 6K into random aerials not 41236HS) the timing to buffer my next move during the hitstun. I've also practiced RCing with 6K. Are there other important basic techniques I should practice after getting those two down and pat? Thanks in advanced.

Man, if this many people are going to be asking #r stuff, I'm going to need to reinstall #r onto my HDD. Go practice Mist Canceling.

o_O I just picked this game up yesterday; I don't think I could use mist canceling effectively at this point of time; I can barely get the inputs down for 41236 (and Divine Blade Teleport when facing the left). But what should I do as follow up from a mist cancel? I've been just (trying) resetting combos. I'm I've been attempting f.S->mistcancel->k as practice. Is this typically what mist canceling is used for? Sorry for the newbishness.

Mist Canceling is required to play Johnny, which is why I told you to go practice. Even if you're not good at doing other stuff. If you can't Mist Cancel, all that other stuff you're practicing won't matter. Mist Cancel strengthens and diversifies your pressure. But, primarily, it keep you safe. You don't need to followup your Mist Cancels with anything. You don't Mist Cancel to do more stuff. You Mist Cancel so that people don't get free hits on you. Mist Canceling keeps you in the advantage. As you grow more experienced, you'll begin to see for yourself what you can do with all that advantage.

Matchup question for reload: What should one do against Chipp. I get ran over every time i play against him. Does 6P stop randy air alpha blades, because I tried it and I kept getting countered, so I just want to know if its impossible to 6p it. I hate that crackass ninja bastard. :(

You can 6P any AlphaBlade, ground or air, provided you start up your 6P close to when the Chipp starts up his AlphaBlade. Chipp's a pretty fast guy. It's futile to try to go to him, so I just walk around and ready myself for when he eventually has to come to me. Well, assuming I have an even or greater life lead. Otherwise, goodluck chasing that man down. Learn to FD Dash and keep track of Chipp's air jumps.

You can 6P any AlphaBlade, ground or air, provided you start up your 6P close to when the Chipp starts up his AlphaBlade. Chipp's a pretty fast guy. It's futile to try to go to him, so I just walk around and ready myself for when he eventually has to come to me. Well, assuming I have an even or greater life lead. Otherwise, goodluck chasing that man down. Learn to FD Dash and keep track of Chipp's air jumps.

I just want to let everyone know of a funky glitch I found. I was fighting Eddie as Johnny. My Punch Mist Finer clashed with his Shadow Gallery, and then he just kind of shot up to the top of the screen (wayyyy up there) and did another Shadow Gallery. I tried to reproduce it in Training Mode, but to no avail... That said, #Reload Johnny is, IMO, much better than his AC incarnation.

Hello everyone, I've started playing ggx2# like a few days ago, and it's addicting. I've completed reading FAQ about GG and i think I need to start mastering few characters. I find Johnny to be extremly effective character, he is stylish and deadly. I ask you to give me few easy, medicore and hard comboses? (How the hell should i write it ?) Cheers... /Sorry for bad English ...

Well I don't know that much about #Reload Johnny "easy" combos...but his big damage ones involve some complicated techniques such as Jump Install. My advice to you is to read up on the techniques covered in the General GG thread then come back, because chances are you won't understand the lingo involved with doing Johnny's combos (which are especially hard if you're playing him for the first time).

...MMF2/LMF2, dash, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga is the basic combo

...MMF2/LMF2, dash, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga

is the basic combo

Now that you mention this 4r5 I've been having trouble landing this on the lightweights, especially May (ugh). Does this work on them or do some adjustments need to be made?

It's been a few years and I'm not at a place where I can double check. Off the top of my head, you might want to try K-c.S or c.S-HS, instead of the usual K-HS.

most of the stuff i see here is AC (which i assume is accent core), but the GG i have is XX #reload. anyone know where i can find johnny stuff for that or is it generally the same for AC?