Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Hazama

Because I have a conscience

That, and Tsubaki does no dmg.

Heh. Well, I'm not suggesting running away if you have pressure going on anyway, but its an easy way to win neutral.

On our side I guess. But this is the Tsu-Tsu forums. Has anyone found anything on this side to deal with those pesky Chimpanzamas?

Raw specials should be a no-go here, and mash-outs are pitiful here. Would j.236D serve any possible purpose here? Any form of free projectile is kinda annoying for Hazamas. I kinda doubt hers will though.

Would j.236D serve any possible purpose here? Any form of free projectile is kinda annoying for Hazamas. I kinda doubt hers will though.

Waste of charge. You wanna rely on your mobility and j.236D isn't effective enough to try to keep Hazama out.

Waste of charge. You wanna rely on your mobility and j.236D isn't effective enough to try to keep Hazama out.

I thought so, just trying to keep it from dying. No Tsubaki matchup thread should be left blank. Sadly enough though, I play both sides of this matchup often, and it feels kinda one-sided. If I ever win with Tsubaki, it's because the Hazama sucks.

On our side I guess. But this is the Tsu-Tsu forums. Has anyone found anything on this side to deal with those pesky Chimpanzamas?

Raw specials should be a no-go here, and mash-outs are pitiful here. Would j.236D serve any possible purpose here? Any form of free projectile is kinda annoying for Hazamas. I kinda doubt hers will though.

About all I can think of is keep track of their air options and their chain followup uses and try to be there when they land. It's not easy, but it's the only thing I've been able to come up with. Sometimes you can use 236C to cross the screen faster than they expect.

236C only belongs in the Valky matchup thread. Hazamas have no reason to be traveling across the ground. It hurts our D-Pads

236C only belongs in the Valky matchup thread. Hazamas have no reason to be traveling across the ground. It hurts our D-Pads

No no. I mean, if they zoom over your head with a chain, and your options are "run towards where they will land" and "236C forward" sometimes the latter is the better choice due to speed. The objective isn't to hit them, just to be where they don't expect you to be.

No no. I mean, if they zoom over your head with a chain, and your options are "run towards where they will land" and "236C forward" sometimes the latter is the better choice due to speed. The objective isn't to hit them, just to be where they don't expect you to be.

236C's startup makes it way too easy to snag CH j.2Cs when Hazama glides past your head, while 236C's recovery on whiff is just too scary to throw out there. Besides, for some reason everyone thinks Tsubakis like spamming the 236x series, and are somehow prepared for it. Kinda like how we all brace ourselves for Heart Car at the beginning of a round when VSing a low-level Platinum.