Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Platinum

Not necessarily Tsubaki specific, but you can throw her out of her command grab.

If she uses the bubble oki on your wakeup, and you use 623A, you may still get caught in the bubble. Be careful with charging at neutral. 5B has stupid range and can catch you if you get careless. Don't get greedy.

Platinum players usually aren't too good at blocking for some reason. Whenever they don't have the bottle I rush them down

Platinum players usually aren't too good at blocking for some reason. Whenever they don't have the bottle I rush them down

What makes you say that?? Maybe the Plat players you play against aren't good at blocking haha.

Don't get carried away with pressure, especially with charge cancel pressure. If she's alert she can 5A you out of further pressure.

You could also jump out of her command grab and punish with j.C > 5C > etc

Yea probably, usually when I have them under pressure for awhile they randomly get CH out of something.

I didn't mean it in the way of getting on them recklessly either, theres been a good number of times I've been 5A'd out of pressure. But generally I stick by them when I don't see the bottle in sight. Also has Plat's overall damage in EX been reduced?

Ah fair play there.

And jya, her overall damage got reduced in EX.

Her "max" damage seems to have gone down a little, but her min damage has gone up a lot, from the look of things - she gets 2k off pretty much anything midscreen, whereas a lot of her stuff in CS2 she basically got nothing - she can combo off Bat and Kitty hammer now, among other things.

Don't air charge against Plat. I explained why in the CS2 matchup forum, It's still the same story. She can still get 6k+ from it and oki.

I thought it was 4K when we're only in or near the corner. Isn't it this?

What's the combo for the 6K?

I thought it was 4K when we're only in or near the corner. Isn't it this?

What's the combo for the 6K?

Sorry I totally missed this question D: My bad Kiba.

It's pretty much the Hammer loop after she hits you with Mystic Momo, if she has hammer next on her item list (CH 214D with a Melee Item) she can either use CDT finisher for about 6k ish damage, or just go for oki and get a crapton of meter (about 60%). Either way, it's really bad for Tsubaki.

but as far as this match goes, Tsubaki has plenty of tools to lock down Plat in the corner and make her helpless. Like the Ragna match-up, a good, smart, neutral offense can make Plat crumble.

Not a problem, Sharing is caring. Plus, people still seem to think of Plat as a mystery since she's seldom used...or rather she is used,just not skillfully.

Great; but why would you EVER air charge in that position? The entire cast can punish that in some unpleasant way. I mean, yay, Plat can do 7k, so you should REALLY not do that against her, but this is sortof like saying "don't step out into the street without looking if you know there's a mac truck in the area." How about, just, don't step out into the street without looking? ;)

and then that combo is rather perfect as in impractical...

oh hi

and then that combo is rather perfect as in impractical...

oh hi

how is it impractical? if Tsubaki gets counter hit by Mystic Momo she cant tech till she hits the ground, Mami Circular pretty much takes her to the corner, not only that she can punish air dives too the same way, and even without 50% she gets around 5.3k and oki. Also I can do the same thing with super hammer and fan and get around 6.5k or so.

moy never punishes me like that for air charging.

I blame my slow reaction time for that, I mean I do get hit by Tsubaki 6A here and there lol

how is it impractical? if Tsubaki gets counter hit by Mystic Momo she cant tech till she hits the ground, Mami Circular pretty much takes her to the corner, not only that she can punish air dives too the same way, and even without 50% she gets around 5.3k and oki. Also I can do the same thing with super hammer and fan and get around 6.5k or so.

needing a specific item to do damage, and needing 100 heat. though i know that plat still does gets 5k+ from many of her mj combos. point being she could just as randomly have a cat hammer or bomb; l dont recall any mj combos involving cats or bombs (unless there are and l dont know about them)

plus, dives aren't exactly stellar moves to use in most matchups and this one is no exception; although, hitting her out of air charge would be more a more common scenario.

I understand the part about needing a specific item to do the necessary damage,but the 100 heat is where im kinda lost.When I did that combo, I started out with less than 50 heat and I built all the necessary heat needed during the combo. Mami Circular gives a ton of heat overall like Tsukika from Ragna's Hells Fang. And I wish I could show you guys how it would look in a practical situation but holding a phone camera to record and a stick to playback the recording is a bit difficult for me to do so just make do with that. And if you're worried that you don't have the right item next to do the combo you want, just sacrifice the damage for oki instead. If bombs are your next item then make them into super bombs or w/e. It doesnt hinder your plan at all.

edit: Also Kiba, I'm kinda confused by your question, what did you mean by it?

the concern here is the max damage, which is a little over 7k. needing 50 heat for mj, needing 50 heat for super ender, needing the correct item, needing (near) the corner. the combo damage drops significantly or doesn't work at all with one or several of these requirements missing. yes, you can get decent oki and damage in most cases if you want/have to, but that wasn't exactly the case l was trying to refute.

if you say that this combo is practical l'd definitely like to see it done a few times in real matches.

Sure,I can try.(Platinum's drive being random makes it all the more fun when you do get that desired situation) I've gotten close to doing this a couple times, and recently against Guymam's Hazama but he used his burst as soon as I got to the 5C > 2C part after Mami Circular.AA Mystic Momo is very good against characters who like to be airborne such as Hazama and Rachel.Tsubaki isn't necessarilly a character who needs to be airborne to get her game going but she is extremely vulunerable when she is. It's very do-able though.

Tsubaki isn't necessarilly a character who needs to be airborne to get her game going but she is extremely vulunerable when she is. It's very do-able though.

Which is why air charging is stupid when you're at a range when your opponent could literally just superjump up and air throw you even if they didn't have a silly combo they can do.