Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Lambda-11

I played an extremely good Lambda player. I can give some tips.

Anything Lambda cancels into 214D/D~C can be 22A'd on reaction but it requires you to IB the blockstring beforehand. While doing so, you need to measure the distance really carefully. It easy to tell when you're in her face that it will hit, but when you're further, the 22A can whiff and can cause Lambda to score a CH.

In addition, don't be too fast trying to 22A her out as 236B can catch you slippin'. You do not want to be far from Lambda in this matchup, and that move will do the job if you're too hasty. This technique is especially useful when you are in the corner.

Do not use j.D in this matchup unless you're using it in a combo.

Don't use air combo ender unless it's j.214D. Remember you want to be in her face.

If you see 214D trailing, it's better to jump and then block her air swords rather than to stand there and block. Remember your primers are at stake too.

Stay far and use 2D as it has the fastest recovery. You can bait Lambda's 4D by staying far and doing so, and as a result, either run in and use a combo or use 236C. 236C shouldn't be used unless you have stock to catch her out. Running to her and air dashing to her are options, but remember that her 5D and 6D can effectively beat the options. You need to make her guess wrong.

Be sure to keep your blockstrings very short and unpredictable with jump and charge cancels, but do not become obvious as she can simply poke out and send you to the other side of the screen. Her 3C also goes under our 5B, so do not rely on it alot.

Remember, unless she has heat, she can't respond to unblockables on her wakeup.

Use CAs very sparingly. For one thing, you send her to the other side of the screen, and for another, you make it easier for her to break your primers.

j.214X - RC can easily be used to get in, but remember her 2D/6D can beat these options.

So here's a situation that I'm constantly losing to:

I have no charges and I block Lambda's 236B. Lambda IADs back and throws j.2D and stuff. She lands and keeps me blocking with 5C, 3C, etc, and then goes into 236B again, or occasionally into 214D. What can I do, or is this a situation where I just have to have charges?

If you block Lambda's 236B and you know your opponent is going to IAD backwards > j.2D, you can do a dash-in 2C or IAD j.C yourself to beat her out of it. Due to the trajectory of the sword, you should run right underneath it for a free punish. If you keep blocking after she's done IAD > j.2D, Lambda should be out of range for 3/5C which means you get to punish a whiffed attack (assuming they did those moves out of range), charge your stock or do whatever else it is you Tsubaki players do. If she's close range and does 3/5C > 214D, you can do a quick dash 2A to hit her out of her 214D start-up for a another free combo and some more stock.