Sign in to follow this  
RisingStars

[AC] May Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

rofl usually you tick into OHK so you would do something like standing P wait a second then OHK. of course there are plenty of ways into it. my favorite is usually .. knock them down, wait a bit run forward ohk.

rofl usually you tick into OHK so you would do something like standing P wait a second then OHK. of course there are plenty of ways into it. my favorite is usually .. knock them down, wait a bit run forward ohk.

Also, for fun (and since he banned May) I tried Millia again, as well as Testament. Test seems like a BEAST if you could learn him (I was just doing random moves), and Millia is insane with the S mash and the quarter forward HS when they get up. Are they better than May? D:

This isn't the milla thread but anyway S mash (lust shaker) works really well at low level of play, but at higher levels of play spamming it will get you punished... bad. Milla is high tier, testament and may are low tier. Also, lush shaker is not what makes milla high tier.

ONE MORE THING, probably the most important. What's a good way to set up OHK? The command takes too long for me to just run up to him when he can respond. :/

That's what I do, that is to say I just run up and do it. I also do it after a successful dust combo, most people are expecting a 6p or something so they block when they land. Actually anytime you would normally do a 6p switch to a ohk, that way you will end up landing a lot more 6Ps and OHKs.

Edit: I always forget something. Should my next step be practicing FRC on Mr. Dolphin Vert/Hor? It's easy enough in practice, but out there, the dolphin hits at different points (either going up, right after going down, or after going down a while) so it'd hard for me to time. And FRCing Summon Dolhpin Hoop Thingy not only seems pointless to me, but it's rally hard. What's the point of that weak move, anyway? I don't think even with FRC you could get to them fast enough for it to play a cross-attack game. o.o

Being able to frc dolphins would be a good next step, this will lead to much higher damage combos. Hoop frc is good if you want to set a hoop on the other guy when you are sorta close; the frc will prevent you from getting punished. There are also a bunch of really nifty combos you can do with it, but you have to be japanese to pull them off in a match.

Also, for fun (and since he banned May) I tried Millia again, as well as Testament. Test seems like a BEAST if you could learn him (I was just doing random moves), and Millia is insane with the S mash and the quarter forward HS when they get up. Are they better than May? D:

This isn't the milla thread but anyway S mash (lust shaker) works really well at low level of play, but at higher levels of play spamming it will get you punished... bad. Milla is high tier, testament and may are low tier. Also, lush shaker is not what makes milla high tier.

ONE MORE THING, probably the most important. What's a good way to set up OHK? The command takes too long for me to just run up to him when he can respond. :/

That's what I do, that is to say I just run up and do it. I also do it after a successful dust combo, most people are expecting a 6p or something so they block when they land. Actually anytime you would normally do a 6p switch to a ohk, that way you will end up landing a lot more 6Ps and OHKs.

Edit: I always forget something. Should my next step be practicing FRC on Mr. Dolphin Vert/Hor? It's easy enough in practice, but out there, the dolphin hits at different points (either going up, right after going down, or after going down a while) so it'd hard for me to time. And FRCing Summon Dolhpin Hoop Thingy not only seems pointless to me, but it's rally hard. What's the point of that weak move, anyway? I don't think even with FRC you could get to them fast enough for it to play a cross-attack game. o.o

Being able to frc dolphins would be a good next step, this will lead to much higher damage combos. Hoop frc is good if you want to set a hoop on the other guy when you are sorta close; the frc will prevent you from getting punished. There are also a bunch of really nifty combos you can do with it, but you have to be japanese to pull them off in a match.

Those Japanese people either have a lot of time on their hands, or they're just born with faster reflexes. *Puffs cheeks*

Any wai, FRCing is hard. FYI, I'm using a mini-PS2 controller on my computer and I use K, S, HS to FRC my dolphin (which is usually a HS dolphin, not S). Is there a better combination for timing? Also, I heard from somewhere, though I can't remember where for the life of me, that on a certain controller you could program one of the unused buttons (for example, L1) so that when you hit it, it would do the FRC command with the press of that single button. Is there any truth to that? It'd really be nice, cause with all the ways that dolphin lands a hit, it's too hard to time. D:

On ps2/xbox versions you can map p+k+s to any button on the pause screen, I don't know about the pc version. When I'm using a controller and I need to frc something using H, I will press H to get the attack then slide my thumb over and hit the other three buttons. I don't know, it is worlds easier to frc junk on a joystick. Frcing a dolphin ride on a controller shouldn't be too hard, because you have all day between the time you do the dolphin ride and when it gets to the frc point. However a dolphin hoop will probably be tough because you will need to reposition your thumb shortly after inputting the command.

Those Japanese people either have a lot of time on their hands, or they're just born with faster reflexes. *Puffs cheeks*

Any wai, FRCing is hard. FYI, I'm using a mini-PS2 controller on my computer and I use K, S, HS to FRC my dolphin (which is usually a HS dolphin, not S). Is there a better combination for timing? Also, I heard from somewhere, though I can't remember where for the life of me, that on a certain controller you could program one of the unused buttons (for example, L1) so that when you hit it, it would do the FRC command with the press of that single button. Is there any truth to that? It'd really be nice, cause with all the ways that dolphin lands a hit, it's too hard to time. D:

On ps2/xbox versions you can map p+k+s to any button on the pause screen, I don't know about the pc version. When I'm using a controller and I need to frc something using H, I will press H to get the attack then slide my thumb over and hit the other three buttons. I don't know, it is worlds easier to frc junk on a joystick. Frcing a dolphin ride on a controller shouldn't be too hard, because you have all day between the time you do the dolphin ride and when it gets to the frc point. However a dolphin hoop will probably be tough because you will need to reposition your thumb shortly after inputting the command.

The PC version is esentially an emulated PS2 Version, go into Key config, Scroll down to where it says P+K+S and assign it a button.

The PC version is esentially an emulated PS2 Version, go into Key config, Scroll down to where it says P+K+S and assign it a button.

lol this guy doesn't take losing very well, does he.

As for how you're getting so many dizzies, 6P's dizzy modifier is very high. Sometimes it only takes 2 counterhits and they're dizzied. Remember, if he's not a very good masher (probably not since he's on a pad) you can sometimes go into IK mode and IK them before they can recover. That's sure to REALLY piss him off. Or, off a random 6P or after they're dizzied, you can do the "6P combo" listed in this post for 280 damage (even more against Chipp, of course) if they don't burst out of it.

lol this guy doesn't take losing very well, does he.

As for how you're getting so many dizzies, 6P's dizzy modifier is very high. Sometimes it only takes 2 counterhits and they're dizzied. Remember, if he's not a very good masher (probably not since he's on a pad) you can sometimes go into IK mode and IK them before they can recover. That's sure to REALLY piss him off. Or, off a random 6P or after they're dizzied, you can do the "6P combo" listed in this post for 280 damage (even more against Chipp, of course) if they don't burst out of it.

It seems you can IK them, regardless if they mash:P The condition for it to be succesfull is that you stand next to them before entering IK mode.(You could also go IK mode at the start of the round, expecting your opponent to catch 2 CH f.Ps:P)

It seems you can IK them, regardless if they mash:P The condition for it to be succesfull is that you stand next to them before entering IK mode.(You could also go IK mode at the start of the round, expecting your opponent to catch 2 CH f.Ps:P)

A May instakill is the most humiliating to get hit by, most obvious command throw in the game. But still, from what you say, you're still not winning from what we've said, rather you've just got better. And him getting pissed off about you using faultless defense for its most rudementary use (Stopping chipping damage) is only the start of it with that technique, dash breaking, option selecting, Ground to air defending, it's all there. Oh, if you find yourself blocking his spam 20 hit OD, if you have more than half a tension bar, Press forward and two buttons (excluding dust), it's called a dead angle attack (DAA) and gets him off you without you having to burst.

A May instakill is the most humiliating to get hit by, most obvious command throw in the game. But still, from what you say, you're still not winning from what we've said, rather you've just got better. And him getting pissed off about you using faultless defense for its most rudementary use (Stopping chipping damage) is only the start of it with that technique, dash breaking, option selecting, Ground to air defending, it's all there. Oh, if you find yourself blocking his spam 20 hit OD, if you have more than half a tension bar, Press forward and two buttons (excluding dust), it's called a dead angle attack (DAA) and gets him off you without you having to burst.

rofl may is more or less a zoning character. keep him out using the k,s,s string. if they iad at you from a distance 6p.... if they start to jump in run underneith them. theres always just spamming HS that does eat alot of people.

rofl may is more or less a zoning character. keep him out using the k,s,s string. if they iad at you from a distance 6p.... if they start to jump in run underneith them. theres always just spamming HS that does eat alot of people.

Applause for the Victim's FRC is just too hard, and I don't know any follow-ups for that weak attack to make it useful. :/

This move is good, even if you can't pull off the FRC. Try something like "K 2D" and if it connects, cancel the sweep into 41236P (or 41236K or 41236H). You have to do it pretty quickly, but it will pin them down pretty well when they wake up, so if they try pretty much anything they will get hit.

You can also use it if they're across the screen. Just call one right over your head (make sure to hold the button down) and if he tries to get near you, release a barrage of dolphins on his head.

Oh also, besides the obvious comment that spamming 6H probably isn't a good idea, you can always cancel it into the dolphin hoop, which *might* make it a bit safer, and at least will give you more options.

Applause for the Victim's FRC is just too hard, and I don't know any follow-ups for that weak attack to make it useful. :/

This move is good, even if you can't pull off the FRC. Try something like "K 2D" and if it connects, cancel the sweep into 41236P (or 41236K or 41236H). You have to do it pretty quickly, but it will pin them down pretty well when they wake up, so if they try pretty much anything they will get hit.

You can also use it if they're across the screen. Just call one right over your head (make sure to hold the button down) and if he tries to get near you, release a barrage of dolphins on his head.

Oh also, besides the obvious comment that spamming 6H probably isn't a good idea, you can always cancel it into the dolphin hoop, which *might* make it a bit safer, and at least will give you more options.

Sign in to follow this