Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

OLD! Sol Combo Thread [GGAC]

I find BR FRC in combos pretty useless. If he's too far away for CLSW him in corner, you can easily relaunch him with BR. Launcher -> j.s,j.k,j.d,BR (you don't do j.k sometimes, it's height/char dependant) -> land 5k,j.p,j.k,CLSW and continue into 'standard' loop.

thats exactly what i do

since i believe its easier and produces about the same results

There some cases where you can't land CLSW at midscreen for some reason, but you can do like [jD XX BR FRC K > S/D XX VV] or something like that to take them to the corner. Not always a good choice, but it's there if you need momentum more than you need a bit more damage.

A fancy DI combo: Corner is needed. [214214+S] > 6+P, 2+HS, 236+K, 2+HS, 236+K, 2+HS, 236+K (1st hit RC), j.D, 236+K (frc), j.D, 236+K (frc), CHSW -land- DI stagger Safe on knockdown, it gives you huge damage (300 on Chipp, around 250 on mid stamina characters).

yeah that unburstable combo seems a little....unecessary. I was hoping that there were more but I'll try a variant on the one they have posted up and see what I get.

Well, if they're really low, and you know they're going to die from it, it will seal the deal. That's their primary purpose because a huge ass unburstable combo would be pretty :psyduck: I'm just wondering if there might be any others for flexibility purposes. The damage is reasonable in exchange for it being unburstable.

well there is always setups to make them unburstable most of the time if you know your opponent will burst predictably usually the WT then run up 2H jump (then they burst) = free air grab or you could jump and block it then go for a combo when you land which is basically unburstable since they just lost theirs

Always jump and block a burst (unless you're trying to be cool I guess... but save that for casuals), since you'll be able to combo for more damage after it. Kind of off topic here, but Cadenza, what's your custom title from? I remember hearing "Kuroi-senseiiiiiiiiiiiiii~" in my head somewhere, but I can't remember where it's from and it's driving me nuts. ~_~

Always jump and block a burst (unless you're trying to be cool I guess... but save that for casuals), since you'll be able to combo for more damage after it.

whhaaaa?

you no lieky sol head asplosion move?

yeah seriously going for jump block -> combo is a better choice for sure

airgrab for shits and giggles

this is true oh yay heres combos full guard bar does 455 on chipp j.d, land, 5H, BB x 3, 236D 46D, 2H, 6 j.d CHSW full guard bar does 451 on chipp j.d, land, IAD j.s,j.d CHSW, land 2H, j.h CHSW, 2H,j.h CHSW

Spirit Juice: 'tis from the star that is lucky! UNGAA~

And just to stay on topic, shouldn't we add some BR FRC combos too, just for posterity?

Why doesn't anyone do IAD SW combos? Recently I saw a match of Sol vs Potemkin in which Sol does IAD SW from WT. Damage not worth it? And/or easy to mess up on?

It's only really worth it on lightweights like Buri. WT > IAD j.S > CLSW into j.CLSWs > knockdown. And maybe Potemkin because he's big as hell, but I prefer to just j.D > CLSW x4 > BR (170~ dmg) him.

Yeah Mio does that boss combo in that video, mad style points. Typical IAD combo after WT is jut IAD j.S CLSW, which is actually quite burst safe. IAD j.D SW after WT works on Axl, Anji, Dizzy, Pot, Faust, and maybe a few others and gets you great damage and looks great. Plus IAD j.D pretty much anywhere in your combo vs. Pot and Faust is good damage and style points. There's also in corner IAD backwards CLSW which looks great. I'm making a vid soon and I hope to include lots of IAD hotness.

Does somebody have any Sol VS Baiken Johnny Dizzy only combos? Stylish and damaging ^^ From WT(different from where the WT took place) 6P corner stuff 2D, BR RC cool stuff like 3x empty jump SW on Baiken Please?:)

Baiken is a bitch. The area for CLSW on her is like, about face level I'd say. Off WT I'd say the best way to start a loop is TK SW or j.s. > SW. For relaunches instead of 2H > j.s/j.h > SW Just do 2H > TK SW.

id say best thing to do after a CH 2D is GV no mash just GV input and it pretty much Clean Hits every character cept like robo-ky, (may,jam bridget but then again you can just normal 2D -> GV -> SW loop on them without the CH) the SW loops after rally up to around 230+ after about 3 SWs for no tension its not that bad :)

Yeah thats good and all, but I only do it when I KNOW it's gonna be a CH 2d. In order to do CH 2D > GV you have to input the GV right away which doesn't allow any hit confirming or FRC to block burst. If you're hitting GV ever time you 2D obviously you will be in trouble. Good example is after Slayer BBU's and you block you get free 2D CH.

Incorrect. You can hit confirm with 2D CH GV. You just have to practice it that's all. How? Easy. Whenever you land a CH 2D there will be a slight yet noticable pause because of the increased hitstun. Go into training mode and try it for yourself. The whole hit confirm issue is the same problem as the whiffed BR/otg GF after a 2D. Players EXPECT it to hit out of habit not out of hit confirm practice.

Can't really practice confirming that much seeing as you KNOW when it's going to happen in training mode. I'm just saying there's a reason why it's not used more. Even a slight pause will cause it to mess up.

I'd say it's more due to Sol players aiming for 2D BR RC SW combos. Even if players did know what Sol's 2D beats, that's what they will aim for because that's what they've been practicing. Of course knowing what 2D beats is a great thing to know. Problem is being able to react to it in time.