Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn vs Bang

Discuss the Bang Matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

:s This is empty?

Dudes, I'm having trouble vs some Bangs I've encountered in online and RL battles. Hard to react, specially when they like abusing their double air dashing. 5B is helping me, but I would like to know better effective ways to reach a Bang... or counter him.

Should I be chasing Bang, or playing from neutral position waiting for him?

Well

When it comes to this match up there aren't many advantages Valk has over bang. Valks main focus in this match is to play mid range. Rushing down bang is possible but pretty scary. You should fake out a lot of wolf dashes in this MU, because bang will throw his nails at you while you are air borne. While it is good to 7C it I'd (wolf) I would rather 7C- 5C (wolf cancel in place) this gives valk more time to land safer/block/ runaway or try to attack bang an different way. I do this all the time when I fight bang to escape his nails. you can 6A his 5C on contact. You can 7C his Ashura at the right time and punish him. Another thing I do against bang is I end my wolf combos with 2 W 5b's. I would watch bangs movement and react accordingly. In this MU I would focus more on 2b, 5B jump cancel stuff.

Damn, now I see why this match up was so hard. Will take that into consideration, though I never imagined you'd have to rely in Wolf that much.

For antiaerial purposes (not nails). Which one would be better? 6B or 2C?

Valkenhayn's 6B doesn't work as an AA. 2C is best, though w[5B] is even better.

Sorry I meant 5B :v:

EDIT: Oh wait I remember now :8/:

So, essentially, any character with high mobility is a treat for Valky?

Also, any way to try to counter his Drive? I noticed 6C sometimes rapes crouching and 6D, but not always.

Grabs get will counter throw Bang's guardpoint ever time. Other than that, you're playing a guessing game over whether it'll be 2D or 6D guardpoint. Overheads beat his 6D and lows beat his 2D, so mix it up as much as possible.

Bang's double airdashes don't help, but I always had more of a problem with his godly nail approach shutting down wolf movement long enough for him to put you on the defensive.

Damn, now I see why I was usually hit by that shit :8/:

BTW, when in airbone, does Bang have the upper hand (nails aside) or there are some ways to deal with him?

~ 2C nets you more damage overall, but 5B is better. As stated by others. Used on poorly spaced/executed jump ins as CH will more than likely end in his favor. 5B for near any other situation. 2A is another -very- situational anti-air... worth mentioning in some match ups, but not this one. :P

~ Valkenhayn in air to air against Bang is very possible, but do know that should it happen, it is going to turn into a spacing intensive j.a war. Both your j.a ( in wolf ) and his net decent damage if favorably positioned.

~2B will punish 2D spammy bangs as most normals can gattling into this. ( If only 6C could... ) 236C is possible after CH 2B and I personally recommend it should you obtain the confirm. Unless it is in the corner. 3c follow ups should net you more damage/meter.

~ 2C nets you more damage overall, but 5B is better. As stated by others. Used on poorly spaced/executed jump ins as CH will more than likely end in his favor. 5B for near any other situation. 2A is another -very- situational anti-air... worth mentioning in some match ups, but not this one. :P

~ Valkenhayn in air to air against Bang is very possible, but do know that should it happen, it is going to turn into a spacing intensive j.a war. Both your j.a ( in wolf ) and his net decent damage if favorably positioned.

~2B will punish 2D spammy bangs as most normals can gattling into this. ( If only 6C could... ) 236C is possible after CH 2B and I personally recommend it should you obtain the confirm. Unless it is in the corner. 3c follow ups should net you more damage/meter.

CH 2B 236C stuff does more damage. 5A is also a good anti-air to use in this matchup. You can carry to the corner from anywhere if you confirm into 2C > j.9214B etc.