Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nattak

[AC] The 1-hit/Enkasu Video edition

There's a 4 frame delay on macro'd PKS romans

Wow really? So I guess I have to manually FRC KJ if I want to accomplish those enkasu setups from midscreen?

Wow really? So I guess I have to manually FRC KJ if I want to accomplish those enkasu setups from midscreen?

No, consider the difference from manually frcing (hitting 3 buttons) and macrod frcing just a 4 frame difference.

If a moves FRC points are on frame 11-12, a player on a stick would hit P+K+S inbetween frame 11-12

If a moves FRC points are on frame 11-12, a player on a pad using a macro would hit the macro (L1, L2, whatever) inbetween frame 7-8.

Once it gets to muscle memory you don't even realize there's a difference.

However you can't use the PKS macro to FRC KJT or DBT, you need to 1) manually PKH or 2) keep holding S and press PKSH macro

Not that you need the transport FRCs during combos (or ever :v:), but it's nice to keep in mind I guess

No, consider the difference from manually frcing (hitting 3 buttons) and macrod frcing just a 4 frame difference.

If a moves FRC points are on frame 11-12, a player on a stick would hit P+K+S inbetween frame 11-12

If a moves FRC points are on frame 11-12, a player on a pad using a macro would hit the macro (L1, L2, whatever) inbetween frame 7-8.

OK I get it now, thanks 10stars as always. I'll get started on these enkasu setups now, using macros as I can't really invest in a stick right now.

I just thought of something; back when I was interested in learning I-no on pad (a hopeless endeavor I know) I learned about 6FRC6 which is how she is about to IAD out of her Chemical Love FRC. Does Johnny use this method for the KJ enkasu setups as well?

However you can't use the PKS macro to FRC KJT or DBT, you need to 1) manually PKH or 2) keep holding S and press PKSH macro

Not that you need the transport FRCs during combos (or ever :v:), but it's nice to keep in mind I guess

I just manually do it for KJT and DBT, even though it's a bitch to do. And there's some cute setups with it against techs.

So I'm determined now to get those mid-screen enkasu setups using KJFRC->AD -> enkasu, but for the ever loving life of me I can't get the AD -> jP to connect after the KJFRC. I understand that I have to use the I-no tactic of 6FRC6 while FRCing KJ but I don't know when to acutally hit the first 6 in the combo. For example against SL I do MFL2 > jK > jS > djS > jHS > KJFRC and somewhere around the FRC I fall apart. The training dummy techs out, or the AD comes out but nothing else after that... Any help would be very welcome.

for 6FRC6, you hit the first 6, well, before you hit the FRC. If you've never done this before it can take a bit of practice to get your hands in sync. if you get the airdash but no punch, then you're hitting punch too soon. don't forget to consider airdash startup

I understand that I have to use the I-no tactic of 6FRC6 while FRCing KJ but I don't know when to actually hit the first 6 in the combo.

It's just useless ! The KJ's Hit stun is enough large to link very easy the jP or jK.

It's just a question of timing. Don't make things worst than they already are.

But the timing changes depending the opponent.

Indeed, you'll be just fine doing the KJ FRC then airdashing (depending on the combo used/char faced/positioning, sometimes you have to delay your airdash in order to get the 1-hit, input is j.214S, K+S+H, 66) or what I usually use is pressing both the FRC buttons and the first forward motion, the input being j.214S, 6+K+S+H, 6. Of course if your timing is too sloppy or you delay too much you won't be able to connect the combo with you ad.P or ad.K but it seems too much to buffer the AD beforehand, especially if you are learning it. As for the j.P not connecting, as already stated, you may press the P button too early, still in the AD startup. Keep practising and don't despair, you'll eventually learn it and it will be part of your BnB combos. Note that you should practice against a character that is easy to combo. Avoid the weird hitboxes char as for now, till you get it on the "easy" char. You can try against Venom (I find it easy on him but that is because I have several friends playing him, thus having enough honed the combo against him) : K, HS, MF-S(2), back j.KS, dj.K, KJ FRC (small delay), ad.KSDE 1-hit. Also the timing you input the airdash combo for 1-hit may vary depending on which character you are facing, some need delay, some don't etc.

Indeed, you'll be just fine doing the KJ FRC then airdashing (depending on the combo used/char faced/positioning, sometimes you have to delay your airdash in order to get the 1-hit, input is j.214S, K+S+H, 66) or what I usually use is pressing both the FRC buttons and the first forward motion, the input being j.214S, 6+K+S+H, 6.

Of course if your timing is too sloppy or you delay too much you won't be able to connect the combo with you ad.P or ad.K but it seems too much to buffer the AD beforehand, especially if you are learning it.

As for the j.P not connecting, as already stated, you may press the P button too early, still in the AD startup. Keep practising and don't despair, you'll eventually learn it and it will be part of your BnB combos.

Note that you should practice against a character that is easy to combo. Avoid the weird hitboxes char as for now, till you get it on the "easy" char.

You can try against Venom (I find it easy on him but that is because I have several friends playing him, thus having enough honed the combo against him) :

K, HS, MF-S(2), back j.KS, dj.K, KJ FRC (small delay), ad.KSDE 1-hit.

Also the timing you input the airdash combo for 1-hit may vary depending on which character you are facing, some need delay, some don't etc.

OK Mitsu, I tried using the tactic of j.214S, K+S+H, 66 and I think I'm getting somewhere, except what tends to happen is after the air dash, the dummy techs, but gets hit with the jK that comes out. A tech trap, but not what I want to do:vbang:

BTW my dummy is SL, I tried VE and the same thing happens.

Buffer 6-FRC-6, just get it done. Killerwatt, suck it up and practice it until your fingers bleed. The other way works too, but that buffering is a lot more efficient. You seen me do it a million times I think you should know that if I could do it, you could definitely do it. Don't ask anymore, just do it until it becomes as subconcious as breathing and heartbeats.

Buffer 6-FRC-6, just get it done. Killerwatt, suck it up and practice it until your fingers bleed. The other way works too, but that buffering is a lot more efficient. You seen me do it a million times I think you should know that if I could do it, you could definitely do it.

Don't ask anymore, just do it until it becomes as subconcious as breathing and heartbeats.

Roger that A3. Bleeding fingers here I come.

Well I've successfully gotten the hang of the 6FRC6 method, I now need to work on landing the FRC more consistently, because atm I'm spending 50%. The enkasu so far is taking a little more time to nail, the setup after the AD is character specific right? Are they the same as if I were setting the enkasu up from a corner throw or are there variants per character?

I seen footage from all you guys, I think Killerwatt deserves most practice... so... this post is mostly for him, I'm just typing what I would do from memory. The 1-hit grab combo that works in the CORNER for most characters is j, k, s, d, enkasu. This combo works easist on Eddie, Slayer, Dizzy, Venom, May, Baiken... well let's just say most characters. Against Po you do the 5-hit one-hit combo, pksd->enkasu. But for the kj airdash one, the combo that I use too much is the kj FRC66->k, s, d, enkasu. (The KJ has to be done after the second j.k, or after an air combo that ends in air HS.) This works on Eddie the easiest, but it also works on Venom, Slayer, Testament, Ky... the list kinda skews after this point (becomes too hard). Against the light characters I'm pretty sure it's kjFRC, late d, enkasu or kjFRC, p, k, d, enkasu. The thing is... there are many different variants to get that one hit to come out. Just practice and get the character match-ups/weights + specific combos to register in your brain so that you won't be doing combos that don't work(you don't need to do kjfrc66 combo on all characters) DAMAGE IS BETTER SOMETIMES/most of the time?? Remember this. It gets embarrassing when you can't damage an opponent because you messed up a one-hit. PLUSSSSSS++++, if you don't have the practice/pressure/knowledge of what to do after a one-hit then why try anyway? Practice just spiking down the opponent for awhile with divineblades and learn your ground game after that (grin and bear it learning his ground pressure, you will need coins, Mcancels and 6kfrcs.) Don't save your coins for a rainy day... THEY'RE for PRESSURE and for combos. Here's an analogy, when a Johnny player keeps throwing coins, it's like ky constantly doing stunedge FRCs, he can dash in directly right after it to continue pressure, Johnny recovers fast from his coin throw, around the same speed Ky recovers from stunedge frc. YOU GET EIGHT FIREBALL FRCS FOR FREE. After a coin throw, dash in(reg dash or 6kfrc to close gap) after dash you should do one of three moves, 5S, 2k, or grab, mix these up BIG TIME. If you get a grab, then you get a coin if they ain't Zappa, Baiken.... End a blocked gatling with another coin or Mcancel tricks(**hard). Push opponent to corner... here's tips for CORNER ONLY! lv1 tips: If you landing a combo IN CORNER, just end in 2D->Mcancel-> Dash back -> coin them while they gettin up. There is a tick window for throwing after a blocked coin. Yo goal is to land a grab so you can do jksdENKASU to one hit so you can get a coin to land(timing tight on all characters BUT Ky, Dizzy, ABA, they got the late Z bounce combo). 2S->coin after you land one-hit ==== lv2. You know even if you have level two, it's still good to do pressure with coins, cuz if you land another one, you get CRAZY COMBO TIME! LV 3 combos are the most fun, ya know what, you should practice those! If a lv3 mf hits, throw a late coin->jackhound->mist, then you get a lv 2 combo if you frc the mist. When you pushin your opponnent back with coins, check out what they do. Watch how they try to escape from your coin pressure... and counter it. Like if they react by blocking too much, do a tick grab or if you see them block low too much do instant EnSENGA! Continue pressure and if you see the opponent try to jump out of pressure or something counter their escape with airgrab/highMF to throw them back into corner -> mist/2.s->coin, whichever you want. ALL of this pressure leads to one-hit set-ups, and this is what you should learn BEFORE the actual combo,... which... sadly, is the easy part. This post could have been much longer, you have been warned. Learn ground pressure, and get rid of your money. We all fight like we don't have any coins anways. One more thing that helped me out in matches, I made it a goal to always try to end a match without any coins. If you didn't throw all your coins away, you didn't do your job.

The thing is... there are many different variants to get that one hit to come out. Just practice and get the character match-ups/weights + specific combos to register in your brain so that you won't be doing combos that don't work(you don't need to do kjfrc66 combo on all characters) DAMAGE IS BETTER SOMETIMES/most of the time?? Remember this. It gets embarrassing when you can't damage an opponent because you messed up a one-hit. PLUSSSSSS++++, if you don't have the practice/pressure/knowledge of what to do after a one-hit then why try anyway? Practice just spiking down the opponent for awhile with divineblades and learn your ground game after that (grin and bear it learning his ground pressure, you will need coins, Mcancels and 6kfrcs.) Don't save your coins for a rainy day... THEY'RE for PRESSURE and for combos.

I agreed with most of what you had to say except for this part. Getting the setup is a lot more important than bare damage because it trumps the amount you can do in one combo by so much its kinda scary. I have a BNB combo setup into a crossup setup that takes more than 300 on everyone except for Pot. If I just grab people once in the corner, people that know me, know that more likely than not the person is not leaving the corner. Unless of course if they burst at the right time. Unblockable Enkasu Setups in the corner are so serious, I feel like Eddie when I get people in the corner, sometimes I do more unblockables in a row than three. I believe that everyone should know how to do really good damage with him but setups have helped my Johnny play ten fold from what I was used to doing.

I certainly do believe corner grabs are the most important, I just end up just gettin pissed and going damage mostly combos. Howbout this?? DAMAGE + ONE HITS!! yay for Red Romans! Take that Zappa and Sols and Axl death by reset.

hey so i found this MAD BALLER one hit that works against potemkin and i'm not sure if this is old or not but this is news to me so w/e. 5K 5H MMF2 coin *delay* IAD PPPDE i almost want to say that you want to air dash right after the coin hits, but i don't have my camera to do a frame-by-frame. but the nice thing about this combo is that at least as far as i can tell, so long as you're in position to land the first j.P, you can do the rest of the combo by just mashing the inputs out.

I assume what makes this ballin' is that it's not corner-only?

that and arguably being the single easiest one hit to space and execute. but yeah so long as potemkin is anywhere kinda near the corner you should be able to land it. the only limiting factor is whether or not you can land the coin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzzK4hiSso&feature=related

Somewhat arbitrary combos, but there is a enkasu setup for every character in it.

I'm sorry to sound like an idiot, but how do some of those work? I tried the Ky one near the beggining where he does throw>jp>jp>js>jd>enssenga, and couldn't even get the first hit to land.