Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brice

Montreal Air Dashers - April 14th MAD tournament, Anime fighters ONLY!!!

Would someone be able to house us?

Housing is unsure, most of us still live with our parents and use public transit. Maybe we could organize something, but it would be case-by-case and personally I'd like to have already met IRL anyone staying over. On the bright side, the venue is downtown so you can find cheap hotels around it pretty easily http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=hotel&hl=en&ll=45.498797,-73.573616&spn=0.008528,0.021136&sll=45.498436,-73.573733&sspn=0.022515,0.043429&near=1245+Drummond+Street,+Montreal,+QC+H3G+1V8+(Foonzo)&geocode=CSHdSjqwa5qwFURAtgIdm1qd-yGAmg7fRWmhdg&dq=foonzo+loc:+Montreal,+QC&hq=hotel&t=m&vpsrc=6&fll=45.498797,-73.573616&fspn=0.008528,0.021136&z=16

You see, I saw this posted up by brice in the jersey thread and got hype. However my problem is making a 7 hour or so drive for one day of games is a little bit much... Also how many people do you think would show up? Would there be stuff going on the day before and after (like casuals or something)? I mean I really would enjoy going out since you guys have made the effort to come out to us quite a few times but I have to be realistic.

We're looking at 20-30 locals, and I'm guessing most out of the towners should post here so you'll be able to know how many will be coming. You can look at our last major in Montreal for an example, and we've (slightly) grown since : http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11883-MAT-VIII-part-of-Evo-Tournament-Season-June-4th-amp-5th-Montreal-Canada-Results . And like Bibi said, we're always around.

Do you guys have 4 copies of Gundam?

BTW, I don't think SKD is 18, but I could be wrong :/

Yes, we have at least 4 copies of gundam according to airmaster. Awww I really hope SKD is actually 18.... there's really nothing we can do about it, a big reason we can have this event is this specific venue. By the way, the venue changed a lot since LK was here, they now have 6 evo monitor setups in addition to the cabs.

You guys just need to run Arcana Heart, and you'd probably give more incentive for the Waterloo community to show up. That's all :).

You guys just need to run Arcana Heart, and you'd probably give more incentive for the Waterloo community to show up. That's all :).

I think we can do this. We'd need to convince Foonzo to open at noon instead of their usual 3 PM to have enough time to run everything anyways, so we should have time.

um im not sure how many setups you guys have, but as hype as running like 6 games sounds, you might wanna start thinking about your time slot and schedules... if ur running everything at once then everything will be delayed (waiting on ppl who plays multiple games), if ur running things one at a time then u need to start prioritizing what the order of games are (i guess based on # of entrants?)

Also... having to pay a 10 dollar venue fee AND buy their overpriced? godlike food feels kinda scummy, but im sure people will get hungry/thirsty over the day and end up buying anyway.

Its like saying when you came over for T12 you had to pay venue fee... AND stay at the hotel for a night lol (i know i know, exaggeration from price difference)

On a side note, we should play the BURNING TAMASHI GAME that is HNK

SKD will be 2 months away from 18. Maybe I could talk Biscuits and/or Zidane to go. Not sure if they have passports though.

I'll be needing a teammate for Gundam. Magus, want to team?

CAN I USE MY UBER SUPER DELUXE PIMPIN' CUSTOM CAR FROM MY GAMECUBE MEMORY CARD FOR FZERO GX!?!?

oh shit gundam too?

damn~

but fuck my life its in exam season......

but fuck my life its in exam season......
Yeah, I really hope my exam schedule turns out good, because this is gonna be HYPE

Edit: I just found out my exam period starts on the 16th, so hopefully my first exam doesn't fall on the first day.

@mr mortified : no you can't use any custom car. alternatively, on the console we'll be playing, i have unlocked every single car there is to unlock :D

haha, sorry bout that, that was some pretty /sarcasm that i had in that post

I haven't touched FZERO Gx in yeaaaaars

Well, looks like my exams start on April 12th, so let's hope I don't have an exam that day (though knowing my luck I will). I doubt I'll be able to make any meets during that time outside of the tournament >_>

EDIT: Are we running anything for KOF? We have a few KOF players in our scene and I'm sure in MTLSF, I would like to know since if we are I'm going to message the KOF community.

Just start studying for exams in advance!

Yo, take this man's advice. He's mastered the art of school.

Just start studying for exams in advance!

Don't worry I intend to. I need to meet you anyways. That and I need to see exactly how bishounen roldy looks in real life.

Just a heads up for F-Zero GX, we're strongly considering banning snaking and some other exploits. Tentative ruleset involves 4 man races through the 2 first cups, maybe the third if we have enough entrants, and vehicle lock per cup.

um im not sure how many setups you guys have, but as hype as running like 6 games sounds, you might wanna start thinking about your time slot and schedules... if ur running everything at once then everything will be delayed (waiting on ppl who plays multiple games), if ur running things one at a time then u need to start prioritizing what the order of games are (i guess based on # of entrants?)

We're currently going over this, trying to make an estimate of how stations will be used. We'll likely have 10 or so stations available throughout the day, so there's a lot we can do. Maybe even HNK. About the venue fee, you can look at it this way : it's cheaper than a major, there will be more stations per participant for both tournament and casuals, and there will be more breathing room per participant. You will be able to buy food on the spot and while yeah soft drinks are overpriced, everything else is relatively reasonable.

Are we running anything for KOF? We have a few KOF players in our scene and I'm sure in MTLSF, I would like to know since if we are I'm going to message the KOF community.

We aren't planning on it, I would really want bb players to have as much space as possible for casuals, but we may have room for it so we'll consider it.

what's happening?!

something you don't want to miss if you're 18+ and in (or not too far from) montreal.

I would play dat KoF, just saying.

God, I might have to take out a loan to pay for this trip, but IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT. <3

SKD will be 2 months away from 18. Maybe I could talk Biscuits and/or Zidane to go. Not sure if they have passports though.

I'll be needing a teammate for Gundam. Magus, want to team?

I'm down to team up. I usually play support.

How many entrants are you guys expecting for BB? That will probably be the longest tournament.

Magus, what suits you play? I'll learn a front suit to match. We taking this shit.