Most Unknown

Accent Core: ABA Discussion

Awesome video so far. A lot of that is really fresh; this is the first time in a while a combo video has actually impressed me. The full guard gauge combo where you're switching sides all over Anji was totally sick.

Who's repping ABA at Evolution this year!! Don / Josh I'm looking at you guys, anyone else? Furix? lol. I'd love to meet up with you all and watch your matches too.

When you crank up the guard gauge and land a combo. The first few hits are CH, and it messes up my loops all the time. Any tips on maximizing the damage on those hits? Usually happens to me on the orb loops and since the j.S j.HS are CH the j.D and orbs are below the opponent and whiff.

If you begin a combo when they have some cranked guardgauge and you're unsure of what to do, if you can hit them with a j.H it will auto-groundslide, and you can repeatedly combo c.S into itself when they're airborne until you run out of counterhits.

seth, I'd love to get to evo this year, but I'm not sure just yet whether or not I'll be able to. if I make it out there, you bet your ass we're getting some matches in though. hopefully by then I'll have worked on my wakeup danzai's like I've been planning to do for about 2 months now lol

So I was just wondering why there isnt an ABA player with the name "ABAcadabra!"

You guys make me sick...

same reason you wouldn't instant kill at the start of a match..

way too easy to see coming lol

Hey everyone, I am new to GG and had lots of fun with dizzy but always thought ABA was awesome, so i decided to just keep dizzy as a secondary and learn aba. I don't want to seem lazy but I can not find anywhere what "OTG" means anywhere. It is 2:40 Am though so I am sure the definition is right infront of me and I am just missing it, haha

ah, so if a combo has "OTG or otg keygrab", well... shit i can't even form sentences im so tired, lol, more or less i'm going to need that spelt out for me thank you ssoooo much. I am to tired to check but i think you helped me on the dizzy boards also haha <3

is anyone else sad that the most attention the aba boards have gotten for a while are this and elvenshadows silly puns? =( and wemp, for otg keygrabs, try hitting somebody with a keygrab while they're standing up, then as soon as you finish doing the move do another one. that's an OTG keygrab. normally hitting people while they're OTG gives them extremely fast recovery, but an OTG keygrab knocks them back on the ground and more importantly changes your mode (keep in mind knocking somebody on the ground with an OTG move makes them stand up incredibly fast)

I still check DL daily and make sure people aren't too confused by the key wench. :) Also, the more I play, the more I feel like TK Orbs FRC is more useful than 2HS FRC in almost every way.. be sure to mix up the two though since you can really force a quick mixup with 2HS FRC

that's interesting, I've never really felt that the 2HS frc was useful ever. largely because of being able to combo into the rekka's from that which builds up more guard bar and still has an frc, but also because of 2HS's jump cancel. hell, you could even just do a 2/5P after it since it gives you +2 on block. what exactly are you doing with the 2HS frc to make it so useful?

It still has it's uses. Mainly it also lets you run in a bit after the opponent to close the gap of the pushback and further push your opponent into the corner. It's also good to mix it up from time to time from using the other FRCs as pressure, of course I don't use it as much as I do the other FRCs(like orbs and rekkas), but, it is by far not useless at all.

hmm.. I'll play around with it at least and see if I can get much use out of it. on an unrelated topic, I was wondering if I could get an explanation for something.. one of my most used BnB's is c/fS (1) > 6HS (2) > rekkas FRC > 66 2D > Danzai > 66 c/fS (1) > keygrab > OTG keygrab. I noticed however that if I replace the first c/fS with an air attack like j.S or j.HS (since a high hit is more likely to connect than a mid) the combo becomes techable between the 2D and the danzai. it's the exact same number of hits, the only difference is what move I start the combo with. anyone have an idea what's causing this? I mean, it's easy enough to get around just by altering the rest of the combo, but I just thought it was an unusual effect :?:

2HS FRC is great because you can rush a mixup if you need it and completely change the tempo of your pressure. Well timed 2K crushes anyone trying to get out or guess a dust, throw takes care of the rest, and if the 2K is blocked you've reset ABA right in the opponent's face for a complete 2HS pressure reset AFTER they've already blocked one 2HS. It's also a very safe way to get in there for a mixup. The issue with chaining 2HS into Rekkas FRC is everyone's going to IB second hit rekkas all day and act, plus Rekkas 3rd hit FRC even if they block it doesn't provide you with nearly as safe a mixup. The advantage you get is if you delay the 2HS and are fishing for a Rekkas HIT, since you can't confirm Rekkas 1 Hit into a Rekkas 2 Hit, you just gotta do it, they block the two hit rekkas and you just go Rekkas FRC. But people LOVE backdashing / SRKing the third hit, so I generally don't view Rekkas FRC as a pressure situation and more of a neutral situation (and block that dumb fuck's shoryu on that FRC :p) But despite all that, 2HS TK Orbs FRC is amazing. It doesn't provide as safe a mixup as 2HS FRC, but good lord does it crank guard gauge. The only issue is of course hitting that FRC in one of those two frames or die. (Ha! :() Also I have no idea wtf is up with the Danzai combo. lol

Oh great A.B.A's, I come bearing a question as a new ABA player to join the ranks. I have read through the guide, understand everything ( or atleast almost everything ) but ask for personal advise that only comes from experience and great wisdom of playing the best character in GG; What do you see when you watch new ABA's that absolutely makes you cringe. Something that may SEEM like a good idea, until you go against who knows better and can rape you. or something that may seem horrible , but you see a lot of new aba's do anyway. or amybe I am crazy, i dunno

See, Danzai spam is something that is both characteristic of newer ABAs yet something you should exploit until your comp learns to punish it. (Important.) If somebody doesn't punish Danzai, ABA's basically unbeatable, as Danzai becomes a shoryu that takes up half the screen, is safe on block and leads to extremely high damage combos on hit. When I started playing ABA in Slash, nobody really punished Danzai seriously; she was new, nobody played her or knew anything about her, and I got away with a lot of Danzai. I was caught off guard when people first started really punishing it, but from there it definitely forced me to improve my game exponentially. It was a natural process. So don't sweat it if you panic button Danzai when you first start playing. :p Ideally, use Danzai sparingly and as intelligently as you can, and when you catch one, make heads roll with the following combo. I don't know what % of Evo players will punish Danzai, but I can tell you Kentucky loves their Danzai punishes. :p

thanks to everyone, i hope someday i am good enough to represent all of A.B.A's awesomeness On an unrelated note, Moroha, I thought for some time you were one of the chicas in your avatar, then i saw some of your match videos ;.; the skill you have with aba makes up for it though :B