Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[CSE] Platinum vs. Noel

Any advice on this matchup? I only have one friend who plays her (his main is Hazama) and he is always pushing buttons. I try to take advantage of this fact, but often times I just get beat out by Noel's seemingly higher priority. The only thing I feel I can safely do is meaty attacks on wakeup, other than that I just find myself doing stupid shit like throwing 236B out there and praying it's not blocked.

Against Noel it's very important to understand about her tools, Plat have very good tool to deal with Noel pokes, use 5b/2b generally for spacing ( use 5a/5b to deal with 2d and 2b for her 5b/5d/4d) , and be very cautious when trying to jump in on her as her AA is very good. it's better to focus on the ground game, still be careful with her j.d and j.4d that have projectile invul and will go pass your missile and bombs.

And i'm against random mami vs Noel. Use the bubble instead to start pressure.

her 4D eats all of your normals aside from 2A, 2B, and 3C. when you get knockdown in the corner, oki with either missiles or bombs to force her to block (j.4D land 2B is especially good with bombs) or bubble > 2B. her only option to this is to jump, and if you expect her to do that instead of mash drive then you can react appropriately (6A instead of 2B, for example). 2D isn't that threatening anymore, but you should still be wary of it, as if you bait/stuff enough of her 4D's with 2B, she'll start to use it to beat your 2B. with bubble out, this isn't an issue, since bubble stuffs her 2b.

as excelence said, noel's 4D kicks the shit out of your air normals, and it hits pretty high. if you try to bait it, she can always 6A, since 6A's head invul starts up relatively fast (5f iirc). play the spacing game and don't get caught up in her nonsense.

baiting bat is pretty free for her on almost any of her drive activations, though i'm not entirely sure if her 3C low profiles it (if she uses 3C in a blockstring and doesn't RC the recovery you should always block and punish anyway). also as excelence said, be wary of her j.D (and j.4D) as it has projectile invul. random mami against noel is basically a death sentence, since she can usually 4D it on reaction.

Well, Noel 6a is not that fast :lol:, but the hit box of that attack is BIG u can abuse it with dash buffer on it ... i've using her 6a as one of my main poke to go against Ragna 5b and rarely lose, trading at most on Noel advantage for pressure, so i can see it works similar to plat 5b which is slower, but Plat 2b will low profile it, so less worry on ground game :)

random mami against noel is basically a death sentence, since she can usually 4D it on reaction.

Hehe, well, it wasn't my go-to, just saying sometimes I didn't really know how else to approach anymore. Need to work on bubble-pressure for sure.

Thanks to you both, very useful posts.

Luna 2D/4D my bubble oki on occasion so it feels like a gamble anyway.

I used B bubble and he on occasion delay tech 2D'd me.

Hell 2D actually beats the bubble if its going towards her it seems.

So 3C>bubble on block which is a generally bad idea will get you 2D'd by Noel.

FYI 3C is -6 on block so use it only when you are really far or its a free IB punish from the entire cast.