Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager Video Critique Thread

What about 5C > 3C?

They're virtually always out of range of that without a 6A to pull them in.

The first minute of the 4th video shows that you need to pay way more attention to your air to air, you pressed buttons when you both didn't have to and should not have. You did a 6A when she jumped over you perhaps you were holding back and pressed A and got crossed up? You need to pay attention to things like that because 6A is a Terrible poke. You also charged a Bsledge on someone who was really far away and has a parry and a DP. Or rather never charge Bsledge. If there is anything they can do thy get a lot of time to think of what it is. You also did it after a 2D, I'm guessing you aren't confident in latest J.2C? Because you threw away your advantage and gave her space and then the Bsledge let her out of the corner.

You woke up into ball oki and got hit by the Ball. Again you don't Always have to throw out an air poke when you're losing the air to air battle.

Next minute

While blocking you tried to squeeze in a 2A which is Really slow and got easily frame trapped. If you really think something like that will happen 360A so you can actually beat it. Began a round jumping in with a J.B and got anti aired. You're super jumping a bit too easily and press way too many buttons in the air. More importantly you need to realize this when it is happening, because you're still doing it into round 2 and I don't think makoto has been hit by an air normal a single time. I'm not even sure if you've jumped without throwing out a normal and getting hit yet.

If they aren't magnetized 5C pushes them really far away just 5B 3C GF. You went for 2A again out of guard and it didn't even combo, you got lucky that they didn't block the 5C and steal the momentum again. I can't see mag very well in the video, but I Think Makoto was magnetized and you just did egadget. Then you went for normal throw. I found this all pretty weird especially considering you were sitting on 100 heat during all of it. I mean sky's the limit and you went Egadget, infamous for ending combos that had more potential for very little damage. and regular throw, which I guess at least had the potential for big damage is only on a hard call out. But as like, you're first hard call out against this person 5A/DPpunish/Backdash punish are generally more likely unless they've never been in GF before.

Last minute. I know that after whiffing a collider you feel like you're in danger, but she wasn't in range yet so that backdash was a very bad reflex. Sometimes you need to collider out of guard because the things you do do never punish jump. Also wtf spark bolt? What? What? That didn't make any sense. I don't know what you were trying to, but don't.

BBCSE PSN Casuals: Koopa_Klawz (TG) vs DjFoodstamp (CA)

Go ahead and tell me how bad I am at this match up. Because let me tell you, I fucking hate this match up.

You're not bad at the match up

You sledged her out of 4D, and you knew when to cancel

You kept your guard

You baited his burst twice

The only thing I noticed was the tripping up from the IAD alle-can. Tager can 2C Carl out of that, and 2C is fatal on CH. Overall, I think you handled the match pretty well (and you won, so I don't see why you are saying you're bad at it) b

You're not bad at the match up

You sledged her out of 4D, and you knew when to cancel

You kept your guard

You baited his burst twice

The only thing I noticed was the tripping up from the IAD alle-can. Tager can 2C Carl out of that, and 2C is fatal on CH. Overall, I think you handled the match pretty well (and you won, so I don't see why you are saying you're bad at it) b

Because most of the matches I have with Carl in general turn out bad for me.

Seeing how this is in the archive now, I doubt I'd get any insight, but it be nice to get some critique on this video versus IxisNaugus Mu-12

http://youtu.be/HzK94iH8_Gc

Well, I have one important critique, you don't seem to know your combos and are kinda improvising a lot and losing out on a lot of damage/oki/meter. Until you fix that any other changes will have limited impact anyway.

Well, I have one important critique, you don't seem to know your combos and are kinda improvising a lot and losing out on a lot of damage/oki/meter. Until you fix that any other changes will have limited impact anyway.

so you're telling him to do better combo's that lead to better oki ? Isn't that hard in this matchup?

so you're telling him to do better combo's that lead to better oki ? Isn't that hard in this matchup?
Not really because his combos were short, weak and lead to No oki a very high percentage of the time.

Even aside from that, Tager combos aren't somehow harder to do on Mu than on anyone else, so I don't understand the objection.

Just do real combos and get oki when you can. The extra damage and meter are important and there is no sense in passing up on the mix up opportunities. It is hard to get momentum sometimes and when you have it you should not throw it away.

Good, this thread is still here, and it's even open. I wouldn't mind if you guys say something on my Arakune matches from yesterday, since they got recorded and all.

http://www.twitch.tv/minlexx/b/437200035 (the third match had major lag, don't watch it)

http://www.twitch.tv/minlexx/b/437202154

The things I can say for myself is that I abuse Sledge and 2D too much against Arakune, but that's mostly because I'm so afraid of 2D and j.D. I also have no idea what to do against his j.B, since it hits through all of my anti-airs.