Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[CSE] Noel vs. Relius

ibfaxl.png

Match Up Ranking: ???

Recommended Playstyle: Passive Agressive

Your Best Tools: Optic Barrel (236A/B/C), space out your Optic Barrels correctly, if one were to whiff he can CH you with Ignis even from full screen and possibly covert into bigger damage.

General Strategy: Relius lacks reversal options under pressure, Be sure to note his "DPs" in the sections below so when you get in his face you want to stay on them at all cost. A worry one should have in this matchup is getting caught up in Relius's long pressure strings with Ignis, his only overhead (6B) is a very obvious claw that comes out from his cape. If you ever get hit don't panic as you could get caught in american resets for bigger overall damage.

Be passive against Relius and keep an eye out on his Ignis meter and his heat for Req Vinum reversals.

Has A DP?: No, but he can Led Ley (236A) to dodge a attack. If Ignis is active he can have her attack during the invincibility of Led Ley making it his main reversal. For wakeup he won't have Ignis active so you don't have to worry of that setup. He can be thrown for free during a Led Ley. It is always 37F long with only the first 33F being invul.

Has A DP With Heat?: Yes, his Req Vinum distortion (632146C). First 10F is invul. The vertical hitbox on it isn't that high so punishing it from the air with a j.D is your best option if he attempts it on his wakeup.

Things To Look Out For: His waifu, Ignis. She is his main entry tool to start his pressure. Val Lanto (214A), which is where Ignis comes spinning forward across the screen, is his main tool. You'll see it more than any other special from him. Keep your mobility and use the air to your advantage avoiding it. If you don't rush him down he'll attempt Val Lyra (214B), which is where Ignis teleports slicing you from behind, giving him a opening to dash in to pressure.

After playing a lot with a Relius user tonight(not necessarily a professional by any means) and testing tons of his stuff out I can definitely say his Vol Tedo(Potato) is much worse than his Req Vinum. At least that is my personal experience. It fires immediately after startup(Think Big Bang Smash in CS1) and will straight-up punish anything you are doing(outside blocking) across a very large section of the screen. He can also use Req Vinum to bait a punish and reversal right back into Vol Tedo. Of course that takes 100 heat and will not be seen too often. Beware still.

His j.A is obnoxious. VERY obnoxious. Leads into easy jump-ins and frame traps since it is 0 on block.

I am not very familiar with his notation so I will stop there for now. I would not know where to rank him until I have fought him more and with more experience Relius players. It does not feel like it is worse for either character currently though. Although I did have trouble connecting the 2B > 6C > Silencer stuff. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Edit: After going a few more rounds with Relius I can say that his pressure is decent but his mix-up is not as good as Carl's(at least in my opinion). Ignis runs out of meter very fast so weathering the storm is usually the safer bet instead of mashing. I still had trouble with the standard 2B > 6C pickup after MF/air grab. I think the 2A x 2 method might be the way to go. His Doll Combo DD(like Carl's Rhapsody) is pretty fast and can actually be used as a reversal as far as I could tell(since it fires at Relius vs. wherever the doll was at the time). I ate it a couple of times while not expecting it.

P.S. Noel's Counter Assault is uniquely useful for getting out of this particular DD. Relius can get a full-screen corner push off of this from anywhere on the screen. Just wait it out and CA around Relius and hope it pays off since it's easy to bait.

i dont like givin up this tactic but it works, use muzzle flitter as a mix up tool. led ley can be hit by 214A. i like charging when the doll is not out, but dodgin around when it has full meter! save up for an counter assault!!! play mind games!!! dont rush like a fool!