Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel vs. Taokaka

Summary:

This is a game of patience for Rachel. Zoning, if very carefully done, is effective here. Guess wrong and Taokaka will get in and make things difficult for Rachel.

Fullscreen:

6A and cannon shots are good here. Your main objective is to guess how Taokaka wants to approach and score counter hits for guessing correctly. As always, having pumpkin or frog out can help cover unsafe spots during your zoning.

Midscreen:

Don't gamble more than you have to here. If she tags you then you are forced to block and react to her mix-up. 5B and 6A are your weapons of choice at this range.

Pressure:

Taokaka is vulnerable to the gapless IOH j.A. Corner carry into pain as usual.

Taokaka's pressure against you can be deceptive at times. Block and react to her cross-ups and numerous overheads. Your best bet is to guard since her health isn't very high so if you can get out safely once you can make a potential comeback.

Can someone please explain this match-up. I played against a good Tao last night, it was xDist, and he beat me 5 to 1. Tao received a lot of changes that I don't know the match-up anymore.

Ah you fought XDest. Probably one of the best Taokaka players will you get to play on XBL. I still think playing patient against Taokaka works.

Online I can't seem to play my defensive game as reliably I found. Sometimes you just have to mash out of Tao pressure if you want to get momentum back.

If Tao starts baiting your 6a's with her triple jumps, just go catch her with j.C instead. This'll make her think twice about doing it.

I also like to catch her with Ch j.Cs. Works better than 6A/lobelias in my experience.

Be careful with CAs. It whiffs during certain moves. Just happened to me when she did 3C.

Dash 3CD if she is projectile happy for whatever reasons ...