Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CSE] Relius Clover - General Discussion "American Frame Traps"

It's because you're sometimes pressing D attacks in between other hits. Not as many overall but sometimes you press more in a certain space. Just gotta get used to it.

It's because you're sometimes pressing D attacks in between other hits.

This.

Hey I'm coming from Tager and it's not so bad (so far). Of course I even go further back to various GG character's, so... yeah.

Question: how in the fuck did Relius ever get a wife. The man exists to abuse the shit out of his family. She must have been an epic doormat.

Hey I'm coming from Tager and it's not so bad (so far). Of course I even go further back to various GG character's, so... yeah.

Question: how in the fuck did Relius ever get a wife. The man exists to abuse the shit out of his family. She must have been an epic doormat.

Ignis was probably a massive badass.

Also Relius has ruggedly handsome good looks and bishie eyes.

Ignis probably had the same fucked up mindset and offered her body up voluntarily.

Or maybe Relius was a legitimate family man before an oblongata snapped.

He did go far enough to have 2 kids.

Ignis probably had the same fucked up mindset and offered her body up voluntarily.

Or maybe Relius was a legitimate family man before an oblongata snapped.

He did go far enough to have 2 kids.

You're probably right on the first count. I mean, he couldn't have had kids (or likely a wife) until after he popped out of the Boundry about 20(?) years before the game started, and he was pretty clearly a crazy fuck even before that if Valkenhayne hates him so hard. "She was also crazy" seems like the only logical explanation. Either that or Relius is a really good actor.

Well at any rate, the purple bastard is the only other character that really piques my interest right now. He's just so stylin'. Kinda reminds me of Eddie a bit, too...

Any advice for the 5B > 6D corner carry string I keep messing it up with either a 6B or no Ignis input at all...

Any advice for the 5B > 6D corner carry string I keep messing it up with either a 6B or no Ignis input at all...

The 6 from the 6D can be used as the first input of a dash, so doing 5B 6D6 should help.

This guy is so awkward to play at neutral:

He would have been perfect if he had a good distance air-to-air. I can only use Igniz and j.A in these situations.

His 2C has to be used really early for anti-air and it's easy to bait. 6B has no range so 5A > 6B misses a lot too. 5A is decent though.

His B normals have a lot more range than the C normals. Gotta use Igniz for hit confirms.

And even with these faults, he's really fun to play because of that insane pressure and he's easy to pick up too. He's basically anti-mash all around. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Starting to get the hang of using him. I really wish his 5C had a better/bigger hitbox, shit's almost impossible to go into after some moves because of distance.

He definitely feels awkward. Like I'm playing a totally different game or something. He's fun as fuck though once you start getting in there with Waifu-bot 9000.

Relius is my best character in Extend, but I'm still learning. I have a long way to go. My best combos are variations of 5B > the first hit of 5C > 6C > 236C > 214A, then, while they're on the ground, I pull off a 214B to start off another combo once they get up, usually an aerial.

I used to use 214C a LOT, but that's kind of a high risk move since it sends Ignis out there in front of Relius and she can easily get hit and lose a ton of meter. I only use it when I know it'll work, or to pressure my opponent when they're in the corner. Otherwise, I use 214B, 214A, and other stuff like that.

I need to learn to use Ignis more, though, because I don't use her that often aside from Vol Tedo, 214B, and 214A after 236C.

Also, how good is 632146C? It's pretty weak, but seems to be a good combo-starter, or a combo extender if you can land it during a combo.

Relius is my best character in Extend, but I'm still learning. I have a long way to go. My best combos are variations of 5B > the first hit of 5C > 6C > 236C > 214A, then, while they're on the ground, I pull off a 214B to start off another combo once they get up, usually an aerial.

I used to use 214C a LOT, but that's kind of a high risk move since it sends Ignis out there in front of Relius and she can easily get hit and lose a ton of meter. I only use it when I know it'll work, or to pressure my opponent when they're in the corner. Otherwise, I use 214B, 214A, and other stuff like that.

I need to learn to use Ignis more, though, because I don't use her that often aside from Vol Tedo, 214B, and 214A after 236C.

Also, how good is 632146C? It's pretty weak, but seems to be a good combo-starter, or a combo extender if you can land it during a combo.

632146C is REALLY good as a reversal, but it's low damage and proration make it very weak. Use it selectively.

632146C is REALLY good as a reversal, but it's low damage and proration make it very weak. Use it selectively.

I think the best thing about Req Vinuum is the positioning/Ignis meter gain and possible unblockable setup you get on hit.

It's hella unsafe unblock though isn't it and i've had Hakumen void it which was pretty sad.

Like I sad earlier I'm coming from Tager, so:

His 2C has to be used really early for anti-air and it's easy to bait.

I feel you. Oh boy do I feel you.

I really wish his 5C had a better/bigger hitbox, shit's almost impossible to go into after some moves because of distance.

Yeah, I'm used to 5C being one of my moves with really good reach. With Relius it's tragically short-ranged. Unless you were damn near right on top of them with 5B, you might as well just go right into 236C. Or do something with Ignis maybe. I haven't messed with him a whole lot yet.

How do I do the unblockable setup after gear super?

Also setting the training dummy to block all and hitting that 1 frame true unblockable is satisfying.

It's ok, not really good. It can be destroyed from air easy.

Yeah it's ok. You can use it after IBing certain moves (that aren't jump cancellable of course) and they can't do much. Not reliable on wake-up though.

I DO NOT like to rely on RV for reversal, that shit is super predictable, I rather use 6246D because it covers decent vertical but really good horizontal.

I DO NOT like to rely on RV for reversal, that shit is super predictable, I rather use 6246D because it covers decent vertical but really good horizontal.

Req Vinum is a better reversal super then Vol Tedo simply because Req Vinum is invincible on frame 1, Vol Tedo isn't invincible until frame 8. Making it better by a long shot for getting out of pressure.

Vol Tedo has a bigger hitbox, yes, but it isn't reliable. And "it's predictable" applies to either reversal, it doesn't matter which super you use, if they predict a reversal, then neither will work. That's like saying someone predicts an overhead, but because they used a special overhead instead of a normal one, they'll get hit because it's not the one normally used. It makes no difference.

SO. Vol Tedo and Req Vinum are equally as good, VT has a better hitbox, RV has better frames.

Wanna know how to beat 632146c?

Jump.

I use 236236d.

236236D is his best DD in my opinion.

Full screen carry, mixups, damage, love it.

Agreed. I find myself using most of my meter on this or a counter assault depending on the situation, though i use CA a lot less than I did in CS2 due to the loss of a primer now.

what are some unblockables in general. like what kind of tricks does he have. im so used to rach and her high/low shenanigans. l only do 6a and 2b with him

what are some unblockables in general. like what kind of tricks does he have. im so used to rach and her high/low shenanigans. l only do 6a and 2b with him

Sorry I couldn't find the other video that had a lot of good setups.