Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CSE] Bang vs. Rachel

This is my first time posting from a phone so please feel free to delete if its all... crazy disorganized.

I personally love this matchup. In Bangs favor easily, 7 - 3? I feel like he has an answer for most things Rachel can do. The only trouble i find here is a way to land a good bnb to jD. Needless to say then, the relaunch bnb is worth practicing (I prefer the IAD version for the screen push but its pretty difficult for me. Tips?)

Start of a match, i see winded 3C, sj back pumpkin/frog. Not super tough to deal with, but try to interrupt her zoning setup with nails or otherwise. Look out for pumpkin to seed. If you try to punish the seed, she can wind the pumpkin your way for CH to damage and oki.

At neutral, the best option she has imo is winded air dash to pressure. It fast, surprising, and pushes pretty far on block or hit. If she seeds a lot, Bang can still 3C under for FC. And now he has sweet 2B relaunches so fish for this opportunity. George to seed happens, in my experience i find it better to ignite him on your terms or off him. 3C and 6D do it nice and clean. If you find him creeping while you pressure, just purple grab. Throw escape is better than the headache he starts.

Rachel on offense is scary. Theres a point where 4B is an opening instead of a mixup lol. Her instant jA overheads are what to look out for. Sometimes she empty jump winds down for low or grab. If you read this, its hilarious to do 2A for that slap noise then ashura, for trolling only of course. Anyway, 6D can get you out of a lot. She can stagger A's effectively, and its tempting to guard point out. Dont do it, mash 2A on reaction will CH Bang easily. You CAN 6D a lot of her other tools though. Frog oki, seeds and pumpkins from range, sword iris, and tempest dhalia (also 3C under this at mid-close range). Fails against grabs, super annoying.

Rachel on D. She can 2C after an IB 2A and 2C as kind of a reversal. Other than that, she has no DP really. If you suspect chair, use otoshi for easy 2k or more if you have the heat. I land a lot of cmd grabs after tight D nail resets myself, thats a popular chair opportunity. On hit, I guess just move her to the corner, right? Take seals where you can get them, FRKZ is good in this matchup. In the corner, you can get a nice meterless loop going doing 5C 6C j4C x n that does tons of damage. As a final note, consider steel rain as a defensive option while cornered.

Hit me up with more info, i know she can neutral tech wind back as a gtfo option but i dont know a lot about that... i chase and 3C because im impatient...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk