Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

So how many people from the EU have this all ready. I bought AC+ from JP store as soon as it hit for the sake of local play (and to try getting my local scene into GG) and haven't taken it online once as assumed I wouldn't find many EU players and therefore any good connections. I have know spent the last god knows how many months thinking yeah its going to be available on the EU store any day and I would have a decent number of players I could get a good connection with but seeing the +R update is now out and still no sign of a EU release I thought I'd suggest we get a group going so we all know who's out there (I can't be the only impatient one).

I'm from europe, but i bought it from the US store so i have to wait for the entual update

forgot to post last night, but i noticed that hte training mode had a line for "extra options"

there's settings in there for easy frcs, YRCs, "Chaos RCs", all attack wall stick/ground bounce/etc. I have no idea wtf a chaos rc is.

there's also stuff about lightning/fire/poison effects that i didn't understand plus a japanese term i didn't know... anways, looks like it'd be fun for silly stupid stuff.

Oh, so I guess the +R patch unlocks extra options for you then. I remember the options being in my copy of PS2 AC+ but I can't remember how I unlocked them. I think Chaos FRC allowed to cancel specials and supers into another special or super. Been awhile since I messed around in Survival so I dunno.

So how many people from the EU have this all ready. I bought AC+ from JP store as soon as it hit for the sake of local play (and to try getting my local scene into GG) and haven't taken it online once as assumed I wouldn't find many EU players and therefore any good connections. I have know spent the last god knows how many months thinking yeah its going to be available on the EU store any day and I would have a decent number of players I could get a good connection with but seeing the +R update is now out and still no sign of a EU release I thought I'd suggest we get a group going so we all know who's out there (I can't be the only impatient one).

I have the JPN version and I'm from Europe. I'm pretty new at GG though.

Another thing I noticed: translations in the command list.

I played against a few people I had trouble with netplay-wise and it feels pretty good. Maybe it's just placebo but the netcode seems better.

I played against a few people I had trouble with netplay-wise and it feels pretty good. Maybe it's just placebo but the netcode seems better.

This reassures me greatly! Thank you for posting this!

forgot to post last night, but i noticed that hte training mode had a line for "extra options"

there's settings in there for easy frcs, YRCs, "Chaos RCs", all attack wall stick/ground bounce/etc. I have no idea wtf a chaos rc is.

there's also stuff about lightning/fire/poison effects that i didn't understand plus a japanese term i didn't know... anways, looks like it'd be fun for silly stupid stuff.

The Extra Menu was normally unlocked by doing any of the following:

- Doing all Story routes

- Beating all missions

- Beating Survival Mode at all.

Guess it's available from the get-go now. I can't really test on my copy since I"d already unlocked it in the first place, but it appears to have wiped my stage unlocks.

EDIT: Also, Kliff's stage is still #R's, not Accent Core's.

I hope so. Hopefully I can play some people on my friends list today that have the jpn version so I can get better impressions than facing a bunch of 0 bars form Japan.

Did they at least fix some of the UI problems like not filling the screen correctly on 4:3 displays and the music options at the character select screen disappearing?

I never got this bug on the Vita version and that's my favorite stage.

The AC version or the Slash version?

The one time I picked the Slash version on Vita against the CPU, the game hit a brick wall.

Soooo... Netcode is basically the same, still no lobbies, none of the little extras that were in the Vita version (stages, new sidebars, etc.), and at least some of the old bugs/glitches are still present.

Totes worth the ten month wait.

Uhh yea online is like the same and the promised changes don't seem to be working for me...

The confirm sound works when finding a match but the custom search still has wonky results. I've only played like 10 matches though

Edited by ElvenShadow

where are the new colors from the arcade version? gold and shadow colors are still where they where in regular AC. also, it seems like the D color of the standard color set has been replaced with the blazblue colors, now my preferred chipp color is gone. WTF.

ok, i found the first bug in the port. when you set the voice volume lower, Slayer,Millia,ABA,Eddie,Venom,Faust, Potemkin are still loud as fuck. really annoying if you can't really change your speakers volume all the time because its hooked to lots of stuff at the same time.

edit: apparently the bug is random. ky has been silent for me, but one of the things he says just was loud as fuck.

Edited by AtTheGates

where are the new colors from the arcade version? gold and shadow colors are still where they where in regular AC. also, it seems like the D color of the standard color set has been replaced with the blazblue colors, now my preferred chipp color is gone. WTF.

standard hs and d are the new colors

i think in the arcade version where gold and shadow colors go is where the ac hs and dust colors went

so i lost my color as well ;__;

The AC version or the Slash version?

The one time I picked the Slash version on Vita against the CPU, the game hit a brick wall.

I promise it was the Slash version. It's the one with all the FUBAR'd monsters and with the embers of fire floating.