Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CSE] Noel Vermillion Beginner Question Thread

Hey, everyone!

I've been messing around with the spring raid midscreen combos and somehow 623d>66c just won't connect on ragna. it works on every character except him. do i have to delay a certain move or perhaps omit some before 623d?

another problem i'm having is with the j.D>reload combos. 5D>5C>6C>623D>6C>j.D>reload etc.

here the 6C won't connect on any character except noel and tao. does this combo even work on the other charas or is it simply impossible due to their hitboxes?

thanks in advance!

Your problem with Ragna is most likely spacing, once in a great while, you'll notice ONE SINGLE hit of d.6C not connecting on Ragna, this causes Ragna to be higher than usual, and thus your 6C wont connect after Spring raid.

Your second question though, is that it IS very character specific, I'm pretty sure it only works on those two characters.

Your problem with Ragna is most likely spacing, once in a great while, you'll notice ONE SINGLE hit of d.6C not connecting on Ragna, this causes Ragna to be higher than usual, and thus your 6C wont connect after Spring raid.

Yay, it worked^^

d.6D needed to be delayed in order for d.6C to connect with all hits.

Thanks a lot, Luna!

All j.D > reload combos will work as long as you do 6D > (d.5C/d.6A) > d.6C > SR > 66C > j.D. Some characters require a neutral jump after the 66C like Jin and Lambda or else the 22B will whiff, and j.D > reload > silencer stuff does not work on Makoto.

What are some good frame traps for Noel?

2A > 2C

5A > 2B

2A > 2B

2B > 2C

5A > 2C

2C > 3C

5A > 5C

5C > 236A

2C > 236A

2C > 2A

2C > 5A

All j.D > reload combos will work as long as you do 6D > (d.5C/d.6A) > d.6C > SR > 66C > j.D. Some characters require a neutral jump after the 66C like Jin and Lambda or else the 22B will whiff, and j.D > reload > silencer stuff does not work on Makoto.

For his example though, the Spring Raid > 6C part wasn't working, because his opponent was standing, and as far as I know the only characters that can be hit with SR > 6C on standing are Noel and Tao.

So I've come to the realization that my noel mixup is ass. I have no problems punishing people for big damage or anything...but in terms of pressuring someone who is more than decent defensively...I suck >_> Advice to be a better offensive Noel or should I just go back to CS1 style and start fishing for 2k combos on offense while punishing people for their unsafenessness with 4k combos...

So I've come to the realization that my noel mixup is ass. I have no problems punishing people for big damage or anything...but in terms of pressuring someone who is more than decent defensively...I suck >_> Advice to be a better offensive Noel or should I just go back to CS1 style and start fishing for 2k combos on offense while punishing people for their unsafenessness with 4k combos...

xD > d.6B > Rapid > 662B > 6A > 6C > xx

xx > 6B > xx > 3C > Rapid > 66A > 5B > IAD > j.B > j.A / j.4D > xx

Can also wait after each normal then pull out a 5B / 5C / max range 3C / 236A for CH. Before I was against random 3Cs but if you can read pretty well go take the risks. Noel's like that.

Learn her stagger points for frame traps, and read their movement after you finish a blockstring to see how you can tags them with max ranged normals or even a drive if they get insanely predictable. Also, Noel's not too bad picking up combos from a CH from an aerial opponent, so you can really scare some people if your abare is on point.

She is mostly 2k+ when you play neutrals, but they do add up, and her oki game off an intentionally dropped combo after d.5C is decent to start playing a bit of mindgames.

After being EXTREMELY picky and trying to figure out which rushdown character I should use to balance my zoning, I decided to settle on my old main from CT. I know some of her basics but I'm not sure if I can use her on pad. Does anyone use her on pad?

I do. I haven't ever had any combo issues with Noel on pad. She's totally feasible. My mixup may be ass but I've been doing 7k+ ish no prob on my DS3

I do. I haven't ever had any combo issues with Noel on pad. She's totally feasible. My mixup may be ass but I've been doing 7k+ ish no prob on my DS3

Okay, well that's good. I do need someone who can help me with her basic mixup strings and stuff. I fought a Ragna last night and I should have saved the matches. It was kinda lulzy though... >_>

Something I noticed in Training Mode is that sometimes the j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.5B > d.5C > d.236D whiffs at the d.5B on some characters (Hazama and Rachel were the ones I noticed it on). Does it mean that I need to kind of delay the d.6C in order to hit them with everything? Or can I play a little safer and put in d.5D instead of the d.5B?

Something I noticed in Training Mode is that sometimes the j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.5B > d.5C > d.236D whiffs at the d.5B on some characters (Hazama and Rachel were the ones I noticed it on). Does it mean that I need to kind of delay the d.6C in order to hit them with everything? Or can I play a little safer and put in d.5D instead of the d.5B?

Well, the reason that it whiffs on some characters is because they are too high up.

you should always delay d.6C a little bit, some characters a little less than others(Arakune is a little bitch), but that's the general rule.

And as always, make sure you use d.5D on arakune instead of d,5B.

Well, the reason that it whiffs on some characters is because they are too high up.

you should always delay d.6C a little bit, some characters a little less than others(Arakune is a little bitch), but that's the general rule.

And as always, make sure you use d.5D on arakune instead of d,5B.

After trying this out I can verify it. I was wondering why it was missing during matches after having it function fine in Training Mode. I delayed it a bit and it suddenly became perfectly viable again. :)

Also, I have played Noel on pad since CT. She is definitely usable in such a manner. Hell I could swear I saw DSmoove win a tournament with Noel on pad.

is there any difference about the ps3 ver. of CS noel? I cant seem to connect the haida combo of noel ( 214a, 2b, 6c, 22b, 66c, 22b) >___< am I missing something I tried inputting the combo to diff delays but I mess things up for the fist 22b, need help X__Xv

Just started working on combos with noel and easiest one I can do is X,→■,→0,→X,→0,→↓→X. After kicking the opponent in the air I'm having trouble finding anything that would hit them during fall besides the basic jump and circle. I tried watching the video previously in the thread and can never hit the person on the fall before they recover. Any suggestions?

If opponent don't block air grab I've had some success air grab,X(on the way down), →▲,▲

Other Luna: There is no difference between 360 and PS3 Noel. The Haida loop you're trying to do just doesn't work anymore.

Zorro: You're using d.6C twice in that combo (Forward+Circle) and you can't use any of her drive moves twice in the same combo, or else it makes the combo almost impossible to finish.

Other Luna: There is no difference between 360 and PS3 Noel. The Haida loop you're trying to do just doesn't work anymore.

Zorro: You're using d.6C twice in that combo (Forward+Circle) and you can't use any of her drive moves twice in the same combo, or else it makes the combo almost impossible to finish.

I am trying this instead 1. 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.6D > d.5D > d.236D, but trying to replace the last part with the upward kick but run into the same issue about hitting them as they are coming down. I'm not the greatest with timing so trying using mainly basic short combos to start

I am trying this instead 1. 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.6D > d.5D > d.236D, but trying to replace the last part with the upward kick but run into the same issue about hitting them as they are coming down.

Because it doesn't work like that.

Use: 5D > d.6A > d.6D > d.6C > d.623D

my main issue is combo timing from the d.623D. After I kick them in the air (been trying with 5D,5C,6C,623D, and they one you suggested. Is there a easy small combo to work after you kick them with the 623D?

my main issue is still picking up from the d.623D. After I kick them in the air (been trying with 5D,5C,6C,623D. Is there a easy small combo to work after you kick them with the 623D?

j.B > double jump > j.B > j.236C.

If you're going for basic shit, then it's best to leave spring raid combos alone, those are pretty advanced, it's pretty much just a better idea to use 236D instead.

thanks I'll give it a shot. I prob should just do the 236d but just trying to find a list of basic combos to work on. This is what I'm going to try to work on from the combo page.

1. d.6C > d.2D > d.5D > d.6D > d.236D (3k/19)

1. 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.6D > d.5D > d.236D (3k/22)

1. 6D > d.6C > d.5D > d.5C > d.6B > d.236D (2.8k/21)

1. 4D > d.5C > d.6C > d.6D > d.5D > d.236D (3.1k/22)

Mainly wanted to see if i could extend them a bit if i went for the kick finish for a couple cheap hits

j.B > double jump > j.B > j.236C.

If you're going for basic shit, then it's best to leave spring raid combos alone, those are pretty advanced, it's pretty much just a better idea to use 236D instead.

I'm guessing the rules for the Spring Raid Combos you laid out in your video still apply, what with including d.5C in certain cases?

I'm guessing the rules for the Spring Raid Combos you laid out in your video still apply, what with including d.5C in certain cases?

Well honestly you can follow up a spring raid with j.B after any drive string assuming your opponents aren't too high up when spring raid connects.

for example: Stuff > d.6D > d.2D > SR > j.B will NOT connect.

but: 5D > d.6A > d.6C > d.2D > SR > j.B WILL connect.

I see... but is there some alternative haida I can use?