Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CSE] Mu vs Hakumen

Discuss the Hakumen match up here.

What to look out for:

- j.B

- 3C

- Air unblockable Hotaru

- Voids

- Kishuu

What to do:

- Take advantage of your mobility and run away. Always make sure there's space between you and him unless you have performed a combo and are pressing the advantage

- AA him when possible and look out for j.D. Avoid using 2C to accomplish this task.

- Mix up steins when zoning.

Does anyone have a solid strategy for this match? I fought this guy mugen_reach and I was trying to play lame against him the best I could. I was baiting his counters with grabs but how the hell you deal with counter happy Hakumens?

well, I haven't fought really decent Hakus so far, but basically, it is a race of prediction most of the times. Bait his d's with empty AIDs, AA his AIDs with 2C, dash him on his wakeup and grab him. Stein him much and look for general openings while making him guess your next move. Best case scenario he'll become too carried away guessing and'll give you a huge opening for big damage (say, fat lazer hits, or you read through his D and CH it).

Just don't get into his pace, Cookie. This is our match for most part, since it is too risky for Haky to seal our normal lazer hit with his sword, and he can't run without meter. He'll be forced to block or risk big until his meter fills. When he's full... well, watch out and block, but don't forget our normals' reach!

well, I haven't fought really decent Hakus so far, but basically, it is a race of prediction most of the times. Bait his d's with empty AIDs, AA his AIDs with 2C, dash him on his wakeup and grab him. Stein him much and look for general openings while making him guess your next move. Best case scenario he'll become too carried away guessing and'll give you a huge opening for big damage (say, fat lazer hits, or you read through his D and CH it).

Just don't get into his pace, Cookie. This is our match for most part, since it is too risky for Haky to seal our normal lazer hit with his sword, and he can't run without meter. He'll be forced to block or risk big until his meter fills. When he's full... well, watch out and block, but don't forget our normals' reach!

Thanks for the aevice but I swear to God I can't seem to block that two hit attack of his online.

Thanks for the aevice but I swear to God I can't seem to block that two hit attack of his online.

Keep in mind that the first hit of that attack hits low.

I learned that the hard way. D:

That matchup blows.

It's not necessarily bad for µ, but it requires you to be incredibly on point and accurate to beat him.

It's not so bad if you're extremely confident in your mixup, but attempting to keep him out is almost no longer an option with kishuu and j.b buff.

If he does manage to get a void up, you have a few options; take that opportunity to set up an enormous tracking laser (5d > 6d > j.4d > j.2d xx j.236d), then jump into the orb and barrier block it. The hakumen player, at wost, may be able to counter a hit of the laser, but the odds are more than far in your favor, as you can easily adjust when the orb disspiates. Totsuka will still have enough uptime left for you to pressure and mix up hakumen before it dies.

What you never want to do is feed the void more projectiles, if you can avoid it, at least without a strategy. Even if you have a 2000-3000 point health lead, the amount of meter he stands to gain can easily crack whatever advantage you have.

5c and SoD are long enough to poke at him in the void, but be careful about sticking your hands into blenders, it doesn't usually work out well.

Chucking steins into the void and delaying 214d to hit after it dissipates is a possible option, but I don't recommend it.

I hate this match up so much it makes me miss fighting Ragna.

Best strategy I found is to run away until you find an opening to tag him. Then keep running away and sit on your life lead. Be careful and think before you push a move because kishuu is a very good tool and hakumen can get in on you easily with it. Main things to watch for a hakumen player is when he air dashes because at that point depending on the distance and what move he throws out, you can go for an AA. I would hardly suggest using 2c unless the situation calls for it. You're better off using 6a if you do AA.

But mix up steins and throw lasers at him and if he cuts the laser, just wait it out. The main thing is having space between him and you. I would not recommend playing the footsie game either as hakumen has kishuu and 3c.

-sigh- I'm still having some trouble with this matchup. I fought this ultra turtly Hakumen who *was* good but I didn't know what to do against him.

What's stopping you guys from just lasering Haku into blocking the entire match? Even if he counters or cuts, he has to stay put. The moment he tries to dash in or something he'll get tagged by lasers flying all over the place.

I tend to run away from hakumen and try to setup some steins in the proces, however against good experienced hakumen's who keep advancing forward you might not get always the chance to do so. One counterhit or a hit from kishuu and you will lose atleast 3k and a heavy corner carry or if you were already in the corner you will eat close to 5k damage.

Turtling is probably the most stupid thing they can do, because mu can all sorts of things with some setups.

What's stopping you guys from just lasering Haku into blocking the entire match? Even if he counters or cuts, he has to stay put. The moment he tries to dash in or something he'll get tagged by lasers flying all over the place.

In order to make him block something you have to win footsies.

Hakumen has really good pokes to compensate for his lackluster mobility.

Mu's drive isn't exactly a great zoning tool by itself, she needs to take a risk and put a special on the screen in order to reliably make room for herself. It's at that point that an aware opponent can expose poor play or incorrect decisions.

Something simple but worth noting, 2B/3C can beat out/CH Kishuu (it still doesn't go through lows). If you can react well enough, 3C is great to use to make them think twice about shuushuushuu-ing though your stuff.

Make every effort to block Hop/TK Tsubaki. Probably Haku's toughest mixup to block on reaction; shit leads into 5k+ in the corner and is only 15F startup. =(

This matchup is like the ultimate battle of retarded damage.

Something simple but worth noting, 2B/3C can beat out/CH Kishuu (it still doesn't go through lows). If you can react well enough, 3C is great to use to make them think twice about shuushuushuu-ing though your stuff.

Make every effort to block Hop/TK Tsubaki. Probably Haku's toughest mixup to block on reaction; shit leads into 5k+ in the corner and is only 15F startup. =(

tk tsubaki is 19f after jump startup, still barely reactable.

Hop tsubaki is like 22+~? Not sure.

Yeah, in which you pray really, really hard not to screw up. ._.

The problem that i have encountered against the better hakumen players that i have played is that they don't throw out kishuu randomly but they use it on reaction on of my own moves (when i trying to outpoke him (lol), trying to jump and airblock and avoiding his mixups, when i am using any form of zoning or he simply uses it as way of approach when i am in the air because it has head invul. etc.). So in lot's of cases i don't get the opportunity to hit them out of it with any low attacks even if i wanted to. And his 3c is also an excellent tool to prevent me from randomly throwing out my own slower 3c or the lesser range 2b.

The problem that i have encountered against the better hakumen players that i have played is that they don't throw out kishuu randomly but they use it on reaction on of my own moves (when i trying to outpoke him (lol), trying to jump and airblock and avoiding his mixups, when i am using any form of zoning or he simply uses it as way of approach when i am in the air because it has head invul. etc.). So in lot's of cases i don't get the opportunity to hit them out of it with any low attacks even if i wanted to. And his 3c is also an excellent tool to prevent me from randomly throwing out my own slower 3c or the lesser range 2b.

That's exactly what I deal with. I view Hakumen as the heavy cement truck that will mow you down if you're not careful. Oh, the many, many times OOkami kicked my sorry ass and I got very depressed. ; x ;