Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CSE] Mu vs Relius

I haven't been playing this matchup much because people are probably still figuring Relius out but yea, be careful with Ignis on the screen, especially that scissor move, where Ignis clips you from behind. Either rush forward or block.

I haven't been playing this matchup much because people are probably still figuring Relius out but yea, be careful with Ignis on the screen, especially that scissor move, where Ignis clips you from behind. Either rush forward or block.

Actually that is easily solved by holding 7 and mashing j.c. Relius can't do anything about that. I'm more looking more for 214A series more than that because that eats projectiles. You want to zone him out and not be just out of Mu's 2b range because he can counterpoke with 5b and that's sad times.

If I were relius, I wouldn't want to deal with mu's zoning and just put her in the corner and just perform all my mix up there. Then keep her in the corner as well to maximize my damage output. So yea, he has difficulty dealing with j.c and 5c. When he has 50 meter, hold back on your zoning otherwise he can do the explosion punch to call you out. But yea... try not to block against relius because his pressure won't really end until the doll meter runs out for the most part.

Actually that is easily solved by holding 7 and mashing j.c. Relius can't do anything about that. I'm more looking more for 214A series more than that because that eats projectiles. You want to zone him out and not be just out of Mu's 2b range because he can counterpoke with 5b and that's sad times.

If I were relius, I wouldn't want to deal with mu's zoning and just put her in the corner and just perform all my mix up there. Then keep her in the corner as well to maximize my damage output. So yea, he has difficulty dealing with j.c and 5c. When he has 50 meter, hold back on your zoning otherwise he can do the explosion punch to call you out. But yea... try not to block against relius because his pressure won't really end until the doll meter runs out for the most part.

I never thought of it that way, thanks.

A lot of Relius's game play against me tends to be putting me in the corner fast, just like stated. Usually forcing me to burst, or pray he drops the combo or if I get lucky barrier block the instant a moment presents itself. The moment too much space is presented, I usually have to watch out for that move that Ignis does from behind, which he normally follows up with dashing into me as fast as possible while distracted.

I'm still having issues with the match up, but it tends to be a lot about zoning and having patience, which I often times lose. Not to mention projectile immunity from Ignis can make 236A laughable...

Relius can use his simple 236C > 214A for amazing carry, If you find yourself under pressure from both Ignis and Relius if you're not on the ball you are going to be put into the corner.

Thankfully for Mu, Ignis runs out of Juice very quickly, So all of the pressure he is putting on you it's eating his meter like wildfire. You just need to block and not try and do stupid shit to get out of it, His pressure is insane coupled with Ignis (6D + 2D) And against a good Relius player, getting his by either of them will slap you into the corner with Oki. Val Lanto is also amazing during the neutral game, leads to solid damage and carry, all whilst using minimal Gauge, This will get spammed if you throw out silly steins, It's incredibly effective here, Respect it.

However, This match is definately in Mu's favour. Abuse normals, Defend your airspace and be careful with your steins and this matchup should feel 5.5/6 for you. Relius and Mu do incredible damage, Both easily breaking 4K/5K in the corner without the need for a CH. Stay out of there, stay mobile and abuse all of your pokes.

Led Ley fucks with a lot of Oki options but you should be able to bait it really, 214D charge or just a grab will do.

IF you get hit by Val Tus, Burst. The damage is almost like 6C.

Val Lyra is a pain, but it's not much of a big deal as long as you block it.

+ Ignis Projectile Armour is a minor threat at least, If she was out 24/7 it would be a problem, but she spends like 70% of the game unsummoned.

A matchup in Mu's favor in my opinion. All the zoning patterns work relentlessly in neutral for him, and he doesn't have many tools of stopping the Evil Noel from setting her pace. And his Ignis From Behind and Wheel Ignis moves are also pretty easy to avoid...

I think this might be in Mu's favor too, just don't get caught...

Also I think it's worth noting that Relius isn't tall enough for 5A to hit him crouching, but if you go into a blockstring on him crouching with 2A, you can gatling into 5A and it will keep him in blockstun. I found this out by trying to do 2A > 5A (whiff) TRMs on him, but the 5A ended up hitting his crouch blocking hitbox for some reason. So feel free to make him your bitch in the corner with silly 5A mixups/frame traps.

Stay away from 5b because at close range since he is doing 3k and at max range he is doing 1.7k at worse. Don't get to carried away with 236a cuz Ignis grab super can counter it. Sorry dont know the name or input. Mainly just know the points where Ignis can punish you for setting up which is at full screen and midscreen. His pressure is easy to deal with outside of his super where the doll and him are attacking together. His 2c anti air and 3c counter hit does almost 4k. 55-45 match and anti airs work as usual.