Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

i think it's kinda basic but... hw do i tk her 236k after 2hs to hit crunchers? i tried doing k,s,2hs,2369k k,s,2hs,9236k but with both i can't pull it constintly... any help? (it's seem so basic that no one even explain it t.t)

I was wondering how you do 214K from 236S.

you can´t do that ! what you can do is 236S ~ K ~ 214K ...the good thing is that you can empty cancel the 236S~K anytime, even before it is active, so you got a neat little mixup (cancel before or after the move got active) ...use it with the faster charged version !

@ dark vision: i don´t even know what you´re talking about >_< afaik you can´t hit crouching opp. with 236K, tk or normal (only if charged)...if you see they are crouching and you want your 236K, try to stand them up with 6K or 6HS(AC only) in your string

Actually after a crouching 2HS hit, you can do a tight 236S~K into 236K into 623K RC if you have tension, 214K without. You can also gatling to 6HS and RC aircombo. And you can cancel 236S~K before it's active into any of the 3 kicks; 214K is most useful since it's overhead. 623K is alright; best with tension since on block you can RC and use your auto-ji to mixup (ad 214K/623K, maybe fuzzy guard?).

2HS? Wtf 2HS? Why 2HS?! Why not HS?! Anyway, there are 2 paths. 1) Make them stand(6K, 6HS in AC are not good for this, `cuz don`t have a cancel...) 2) Use da powya from 236S->K 3) Pray your gods. 4) Most characters being hit by her 236K(PO) then they crouch(and getting hit, for example: HS sit them down, and you can cancel it into 236K(PO) ) Loosers like Zappa or Axl, or Chippu, or light weight characters take it even after 2D. Damn, more than 2 paths... fuf... About 623K RC - ad214K\623K - sux. Enemy not so stupid, that he can`t just freakin jump and throw you. 623K don`t have a throw invul, you know

you can´t do that ! what you can do is 236S ~ K ~ 214K ...the good thing is that you can empty cancel the 236S~K anytime, even before it is active, so you got a neat little mixup (cancel before or after the move got active) ...use it with the faster charged version !

@ dark vision: i don´t even know what you´re talking about >_< afaik you can´t hit crouching opp. with 236K, tk or normal (only if charged)...if you see they are crouching and you want your 236K, try to stand them up with 6K or 6HS(AC only) in your string

Sweetness! Thanks, dude.

with the 236S~K empty cancel you can also have "standalone" charged 236K in AC if you want to go through projectiles or do the infamous blocked charged 236K RC mixup >_< or any stupid shit you needed the charged 236K for

Just picked up AC for the PS2. Haven't played since XX days. Quick question, after charging up any of Jam's kicks, I can't get any of her charged kicks to come out. The cards just stay at the bottom of the screen. Is there a special input now for AC to get her charged kicks to come out? Sorry for the newbie question, but a quick search didn't show anything. Is this one of the bugs in the console version??

@sifutofu: Oo' ...erm... just try to charge all of the kicks, and chain them as you used to do in XX.

What are any and all of Jam's mixups? Especially for #Reload. This may seem like a silly or obvious question, but I'm having a terrible time against good turtles. Even though I can hang pretty well online, I feel like many of my victories come from my opponents making mistakes, and they may be from baiting and training and stuff, but I feel my true performance is lacking. Against any knowledgeable player they'll just sit back and wait for an opportunity. In any other game or even other characters, I'd be totally pumped if I could get my opponent to turtle up like that, but it seems once I get there I don't know what to do. So again... What're good ways to deal with a blocking opponent besides FRC throw? (however anysetups for throws would be well received and appreciated!) And what's a nice rundown of her mixups especially against blocking opponents?

Try to poke them with 2+D > IAD 214+K, 2+D frc, s.D, 236+S>P/S/K and normal chains. I tried to get closer on 2+K, c.S, S and end always on 2+D, and then frc it and dash > throw, or instead of that IAD a gekirin after it. Also, mix those enders with a standing D in between the [2+K, c.S, S], or finish the 2+D with a 236+P searching a throw or K / S (counter) enedrs for a combo starter.

This may seem silly but I'm having a hard time gatling 6P>5HS>6HS(1 hit)>6P>5HS>6HS etc. In AC of course. Is the initial 6P supposed to hit once? Is the 5HS supposed to hit 3 times? I can cancel out of 5HS into 6HS after 1 or 2 hits, but I'm still having a hard time gatling it. Jam in AC is so much different... lol

The only difficult about that gatling is the step between the 6+HS and the 6+P. It´s almost inmediatly, but the timing is a little weird at the beginig. - The complete string is: 6+P (1 hit)> n.HS (3 hits)> 6+HS> 6+P (1 hit)> n.HS (3 hits)> 6+HS.... Just go to training mode and practice it. Try to input the 6+P as soon as posible, and make sure you wait till the last of the 3 hits in the n.HS for making the 6+HS.

@Kicks: against turtling opponents, you shouldn't play Jam! (Sol, Slayer or Potchom to rape their asses sooooo horribly that they will go back to 3rd strike/shoryuken faster than a bunny can fart! ^^ )

not play jam against turtles ? lol i gotta disagree...i think jam is a real tank breaker now in AC with all the frame adv. she has in her rush, turtles have to be really afraid, if they pushblock you quickly bust out a 6HS if they block it rush in with 5K/2P and continue, if the 6HS whiffs do a late HS followup, if you´re lucky they thought they could act and eat the followup -> rush/combo time when they pushed you so far that 6HS followup whiffs or they also block it, they still have to fear your 236S~D (make sure to ALWAYS have 25% just to scare them) in rush you can do so much mixups with K and D (D got much stronger imo since it looks a lot like 6HS) instant j.2K, instant airdashes and far 236P FRC for a sudden approach/overhead (just be careful to go in the air, most turtles have good airthrow reaction) fear became big part of jams gameplay imo, you can make every hit a 200dmg. combo everytime, if you punish them so hard everytime they think they can act, they´ll be scard like mouse after a few matches (like in poker you have to have a strong image, they must be in constant fear and think "when i do X he punishes me, when i do Y he punishes me, when i do Z he punishes me") spam a 236S~D everytime they move (just keep in mind to keep your last 25%, only waste it in combos) if you want, show them how strong AC jam really is gogogo

could someone post the best possible set-ups for "JAMMIN" and mix-ups using the qcfP move?

could someone post the best possible set-ups for "JAMMIN"

as I already posted in the Jam general thread: depends on which height the opponent is slammed and Jam's distance from the Wall at this moment.

let's say best conditions: opponent slammed in mid-wall, jam is 1 char away from wall. (like after a 236+S~D)

The best I could do:

2HS (2HITS) -> 6HS, HS (re-wallslam)

1-step-dash, 6K, 2HS (2hits), 236+S~D (re-wallslam)

2HS, 6HS, HS (re-wallslam)

1-step-dash, 2S, 2HS(1 hit), 6HS, HS (re-wallslam), RC

Dash, S, S, JC, K, D, 214+K

Sign in to follow this