Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

catears

[CSE] I've played Litchi for 3000+ matches since CS1 and still can't do this!

Hey guys, I like to play Litchi. She is my favourite anime fighting game character. Thing is, I don't really read the Litchi forums, so everything I know I got from copying videos, taking things form the challenges and just working it out for myself. There is one trick I can't do, I think it still works in CSE...

I'm not going to use the Japanese names of all the moves so bear with me - basically, it's this cool looking trick that also has a practical use. I even met some dude who posts on here and he showed me it but I was still too retarded to figure it out. Basically, in the corner, I do the typical: [normal gatlings] into 236B 63214A A [so I've basically hit them with the Last Chance thing but you guys use the Japanese name for it. Ipatsuu?). At this point, I've seen Litchi players do something cool - it's like a cross up that results in falling off the pole and immediately doing 236B and it keeps them in the corner when the pole is too close to the corner for you to keep them there otherwise. I *think* one has to jump down off the pole then quickly dash and then input 236B... is this it? I just can't do this stupid trick.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about and can anybody help. Thanks!

Okay, so I had the right idea, I'm just not proficient enough. Playing on stick btw, so doing all that in particular is a bit cumbersome...

Thanks!

Random question here, as I'm not near my machine to test it. Is it possible to attempt this with, for lack of a better term, a mirrored IAD motion? For example, after 63214A, A entering 1,4 to drop and backdash, then 236B? If this command sequence does work, will you still be low enough to dash under?

-myst

Regardless of that working or not, you would not be low enough for the combo to still work. Airdashing too early will cause it to drop since you or your opponent will be too high after Hatsu.