Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi Unblockable Setups Compilation (Updated 3/7/12)

In the beginning when talking about midscreen followups to 22D, you should mention that in addition to 236D, you can also followup with dash>3CC and get the same IAD combo that you can get in the corner.

Obviously I didn't finish recording.

While I'm away from my recording setup though I thought I'd write up a transcript to make everything go as smoothly as possible when I get back, and I thought I also may as well share it with you all in case anyone wants to make comments or say certain things should definitely be included or aren't worth mentioning or whatever

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PGvckidECHf6FgVc9ZCo9uuOz7dsoyUzRzha4NBizJM/edit

Stopped by, gonna say that looks legit.

Out of curiosity, why'd you notate 236D as 236[D]?

It's probably a transcription error and shouldn't actually be like that.

I'm actually working on the video now and have made a few formatting changes, making sure no blocks of text that are supposed to be overlayed over the video are longer than three lines (this is the limit for maintaining visibility given my choice of presentation, I feel). So I had to reword some stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MctSl9JdZA

Also, I figured I'd render the overview as a "style preview," to show how the flow of the video is being presented, if people have any input on that. Otherwise...

EDIT: There's gonna be music in the background, too, but I don't know what to put yet 'cause I don't know how long the video's going to end up being.

It looks good so far. My own personal aesthetic choice would be to take the shadowing off from underneath the words (it kinda clashes imo) but other than that everything else is fine~

Whee~

Oh man, I hope people find this acceptable ;_;

I'm so sorry for how delayed it was ;_;

I kept the shadow! But I made it significantly less... Bold? It's more subtle and not blocking everything.

Good work.

I think you touched on everything that needed to be mentioned in a unblockable tutorial.

I have only one single complaint though.

No bears.

Was really good.

Forgot about the air knockdown > j.D > J.236D > j.214D.

I swear, without that video, I would've still been oblivious to the fact that Tsubaki can effectively use the j.236D > j.214D > RC > Unblockable trap in the corner since j.D combos are used more.

Dammit, this unblockable setup is so good that it is getting abused where possible. The best part was when my bro was like 'That's not fair man'. Lol.

According to SRK, this video is magnificent. Of course, according to them none of these are "true unblockables", so what do they know. :P

Still, it's a damn fine video.

Honestly, it seems like SRK doesn't like Tsubaki. At all. Even though they like posting a lot of stuff about her. It's tsundere relationship lol.

But regardless that video really helped and some of my friends were like "Oh so that's how you do that!" so great job Heidi :D

According to SRK, this video is magnificent. Of course, according to them none of these are "true unblockables", so what do they know. :P

Still, it's a damn fine video.

mylifeisanRPG is constantly saying things that are blatantly not true not only to those who play whatever game, but also to people who play any game. He's a joke; pay him no mind.

Honestly, it seems like SRK doesn't like Tsubaki. At all. Even though they like posting a lot of stuff about her. It's tsundere relationship lol.

But regardless that video really helped and some of my friends were like "Oh so that's how you do that!" so great job Heidi :D

If I might ask, what was there prior confusion on?

Mostly the j.236D > j.214D > RC and air combo > j.236D ~ delay j.214A (OTG) > dash 22D.

They don’t really play fighting games and of course I tried to show them myself and they understood it (at least they said they did) but it really stuck with them after watching the video.

Kiba, you should make an effort to use all of these setups on Hexanoid at your next tournament! So we can have good links to it in action!

:)

Haha!

Consider that done!

Ok I managed to use the j.236D > j.214D > RC > 22D unblockable trap, and I'll update the first post with that when that gets uploaded.

The bad news is that I think that was the only setup I used and the target was not in sight.

Here you guys go:

j.236D > j.214D > RC > 22D Unblockable Trap

My brain realized that the 5B hit confirm setup that Kuresu uses isn't on the list =O

I used to see him doing this a lot. He would space himself when he got a corner knockdown at max 5B range, then do 5B>22D, and hold 22D. At this point, you can actually hit confirm if the 5B hit and let go of 22D. If it was blocked, he fully charged it. The setup's nice in that it looks like you're giving the opponent breathing room, so they're very likely to try to jump. Confirming it is a bitch though.

Thanks for that.

I'll update it with that and the setup that 2link (still needs experimenting) gave later.

Edit: Done.