Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

I-no vs Faust

:FA: FAUST MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

What pokes?

j/k

J.p is a life safer and often times, a super jump backwards j.p can save you from a faust FB pogo drop move. VCL can be useful for when faust whores air space above you, and HCL can be used the same way to hit Faust out of summons/bomb bags.

Strategy

Most I-no players will figure out quickly that this match is not exactly "fair", and you will not be able to tackle it head on as easily as many other matchups. Faust's playstyle varies with the player, and you're going to want to figure them out ASAP. This matchup's goal, while really no different than any other character, is to either get a note on Faust, or get a knockdown on him in away you can to lock him down and start your usual pressure.

Specific Punishes

If you are at full screen and predict a faust scalpel pull, HCL does the trick and gets a knockdown. If you are REACTING to one, HCL will either trade or lose, so instead do STBT and slide under that shit. I believe it's also possible to a STBT, frc, dash combo instead if you did the stroke early enough.

Setups/baits

Baiting Hand slap: Faust reversals with EVERLONG (big hand slap, see foo fighters video Everlong for the reference), I-no 6hs, CH, dash, j.d VCL if close, if further, dash j.s, j.c j.s j.hs s dive, 5p/5s (depending on opponents height) s.j air combo (if 5p, s.j 5p 5s 5hs dive, if 5s, sj.s, j.hs p dive, dash j.hs k dive usually knocks down).

Baiting 6p: Best way to bait 6p or make Faust think twice about using it is to use more hover dash j.hs, whiff-land, 2k as okizeme. Upon hitting, 2k, 6p, 5hs HCL FRC combos or IAD jk js VCL combos are fine. If close and blocked, 2k, 5s then either tk s dive or 2s 2d HCL FRC for a combo.

Punishing wakeup 5d (see knowledge): It's important to know that premeditating an okizeme like hover dash j.k, j.d (instead of land, 2k as usually expected by opponent) can prove disastrous against reversal 5d, for I-no will whiff her oki, and if not reacting in time, will then begin her 5d and get 5d'd by Faust in the end. While risky against 6p, dashing slightly longer and using 5hs can punish faust hard, as will okizemes such as dashing over faust and dashing back with an attack. Meaty VCLs tend to linger as well and can prevent Faust from reversal 5d.

Knowledge

Faust can use 5d to dodge a meaty attack. During the spin animation at the beginning, Faust has complete invincibility for a very short period of time怂If you freeze or hit the wrong followup, you will get dusted. Faust can use 6p to beat non meaty hover-dash attacks, and a few other moves as well (i.e. dash under HCL and 6p I-no for a hit/CH). Faust can also everlong out of mistimed meaties and such. VCL's, 6hs among other moves will hit faust out of this.

6p is a great anti-air sometimes, but vs. Faust it has limited uses. A 6p will sometimes lose/trade to fausts falling j.d, and Faust can delay his fall with FDC 2k, causing a well-timed 6p to whiff, and leaving you wide open. Instead of 6p, try to use more pre-emptive anti-air like j.p, and VCL to hit him while above you.

a few fuast combos: http://www.mediafire.com/?fxiycgxzowd

my cell phone recorded shittier than usual tonight so I'll type them out.

255 Damage, 50 Tension

cS, 6P, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, jS, jH, HCL (in the vid I cancel the last HCL and try to add another jS, VCL but as you can see the VCL wiffs)

238 Damage, 50 Tension

jH, cS, 6P, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, cS, jS, jH, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL

233 Damage, 25 Tension

cS, 6P, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, 5H, jH, P-DIVE, 66, jS, jH, K-DIVE

231 Damage, 25 Tension

cS, 6P, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, cS, jS, jH, P-DIVE, 66, jS, jH, K-DIVE

276 Damage, 100 Tension

cS, 6P, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, 5H, HCL, FRC66, jS, VCL, TKUF, jS, jH, K-DIVE

I learn a lot more of this matchup everyday and I'm going to try updating the forum more reguarly. Apologies for irregular activity.

Sign in to follow this