Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isuyaru

[CSE] Carl Clover Combo Thread

Lol JG i played him @ winter brawl 1week after the US release,, i didnt kno carl had a loop. Even then i just learned it 2days ago. Iv never used carls UB loops in any version btw.... but i decided to learn this variation

Also regarding the fuacco 6C UB if u release it early & vivace it can bait burst & CA's, The only way to stop it is by preemtive mash & even then the 1st hit of fuacco will still hit & @ that point U are out of range of any A-attack

Due to Carl getting hit causing pushback & the opponent getting hit causing pushback. U will recover before they will so 2B 5c 6c is a very powerful pick up if they mash any DD/Dp ull either clash or they will whiff.

BTW the gap to mash this is probably 6fs. Cause everything else they try will do nothing but give u a CH fuacco into fully charged 6c. The simplest way i can explain how it works would be our 4D crossup if a person uses Dp carl gets hit, If they try a attack by reacting to 4D they get hit & if they are mashing just to mash it will trade. KEEP IN MIND ALL OF THESE ARE POSSIBILITIES ON BLOCK

ON HIT ONLY DP's & DD'S WORK.

O_o oh wait,,,, we were talking about haku-men... never try this vs him if he reacts to the fuacco with 6D ull get hit. this setup happens very fast & its only weak spot is the beginning if Haku does block the fuacco not even he can get out.

I would luv to post a vid but my computer died on me T-T ill try to get SRZ to post it up for me

So I got new combo to be share, I dont know if any you guys have tried this but let me break it down.

C.O.N situation

5B > 5C > input 6]D[ > 5B > 623C > 5C > sj.B > j.2C > input 2]D[ > backdash > 5C > input 421]D[ > j.B > j.C > 5C > sj.B > j.2B > input 4]D[ > dash > 632146.C.

It gain 50% heat and dealt 4.8k damage.

how you guys think?

please tell me if you find me inserting wrong command or input.

lol that took me a while to figure out

essentially its just a 2D>brio>4D chain into gear right?

creative combo, and i wouldnt have ever thought os using brio in the between 2D and 4D

lol that took me a while to figure out

essentially its just a 2D>brio>4D chain into gear right?

creative combo, and i wouldnt have ever thought os using brio in the between 2D and 4D

um no >.<, its 2D> Volante > 4D > cantata.

I know I put something wrong in here T_T, sorry....

Need help >.<.

So I've been experimenting on C.O.N 4D starter combo like this 5B > 623C > sj.B> j.2C 4]D[ > j.C. 4D hits and enemy goes wall bounce.

So my idea was to once again move and make the enemy still trapped in the C.O.N situation, BUT I ALWAYS mess up the timing of the dash, I've try vivase A and B but it didnt work, I try IAD and I mistime it.

So can anyone please tell me the correct timing to dash so I can input 5C just before the enemy landed after the 4D wall bounce hit?

coz from what I see, the 4D got lots more choice and chance to do much more damaging combo for carl setup.

.:: Unblockable Setups ::.

- Universal Unblockable (This work with all the characters in this game)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max three A after 2A)

6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ UB (This need 50% to perfom a Rapid Cancel)

5B, 623C (Cantabile) Rapid Cancel, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops (This work almost with all the characters)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

6C, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

On NCO (Max one more A after the last 2A/5A string that continues from Vivance A)

5B,6B, 6]D[, Vivance A, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :BANG:

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A,(Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TA:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, dash cancel 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A, (Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TG:

Need standing position, CoN

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.B, (Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B

5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

Need standing position, Corner Only, NCO

5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :HA:

Need 50% meter for Rapid Cancel

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 5B, 5C, 623C (Cantabille) - 41236]D[ (Fuoco), Rapid Cancel 6[C], 6C Full charged.

- Dificulty of doing the Unblockable Loops:

S: :AR::RG::TS::MK::TA: (Arakune, Ragna, Tsubaky and Makoto need a very strict timing that permit input the 8]D[ very very early in the 2B after 6C, 2A. Taokaka need dash cancel 5A/2A after 5C.)

A: :BANG::TG::HA: (Bang and Tager need the second hit of 8]D[ and then doing j2.C. For Bang case, he need the j2.C almost too close to the ground. Hakumen 6C full charged Unblockable need strict timming.)

B: :HZ::JI: (Kinda strict timming)

C: :RE::VA::LI::HA::LA: (Relaxed timming)

Chars that until now this loop doesn't work, in this case i recommend using the Universal Unblockable. You can spend 50% meter for a Rapid Cancel and do this again, then after the j.B + 3]D[ UB end it with a big dmg combo.

:CA::PT::NO::MU::RA:

*Keep in mind that in any Unblockable loop you should deactivate Nirvana after 6C and activate after 8]D[ for better results.

** Almost with all the character in this game you will only need two Unblockables, max three, and then a good combo after the UB for deploying all of his life.

*** Best combo after any j.B + 3]D[ UB: 5C, 623C (Cantabile), 5C, 421]D[ (Volante), j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, j.C, 4]D[, land, 5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 2]D[, land, j2.C, Allegretto, 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata) - Total DMG: 5289 aprox. If you have another meter to spend you can add 3C, 632146C (Gear Super), 8]D[ - Total Dmg 6124 aprox.

**** Remember that the j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable is DP safe. You only need to do option select Unblockable + Barrier

***** Hakumen can always escape with a counter move, except the 6C Full charged Unblockable. In that case is best to alternate the j.B + 3]D[ with j.B + 63214]D[ (Anima) or even 2]D[.

****** You can´t do safely Unblockables all the times again μ -12- because of his Origins move (623C). For this same reason, this is her only safe option so i recommend alternate the Unblockable with baits options.

*******The reason why the chars that i listed as ´´ doesn't work the Unblockables Loop`` is because the 8]D[ hit them almost instantly or just doesn't hit them. If you delay a lot the 8]D[ this only make that 8]D[ hit them two times very quick and not letting you continue the combo. Why i listed this, because is your homework as Carl user to discover a way to doing a Unblockables loop in this characters.

PD: If only i did have a hdmi capture card, i would gladly do a combo video showcasing this and setups that deploy all the life of the opponent.

can people do this consistently?

...j.2C allecan > (input 4D) 5C > jump forward j.C > (4D hits) j.44 > 5C...

can do it about 1/30 tries atm. theres different parts giving me trouble every time, mostly due to my lack of understanding.

1 - j.2c allecan height, l don't know it, it feels like the height changes after every 2d... wth?

2 - (input 4d) 5c... first of all this feels impossible on pad but anyway. l've gotten 5c (input 4d) to work, is there a difference on timing really?

3- 5c. again, due to allecan stuff this whiffs way too often

4 - j.c j.44... though i'm sure this l can get this with time

you guys have great execution if you can pull this off x.x l can't just yet, hoping to get to 1/10 tries at least XD

It might be just the way you are thinking about doing the combo, if you do j2c allecan into 4C instead of 5C it might help you. The way i do it is, as you are doing j2c allecan you press and hold D while simultaniously using doing allecan and hold 4 after the j2c-21(4)c and release D just as you are pressing 5c. What i do is just use the same finger to press the C button so when i go to press the C button i release D and 4D comes out so you can do 5c>jc>4D

can do it about 1/30 tries atm. theres different parts giving me trouble every time, mostly due to my lack of understanding.

1 - j.2c allecan height, l don't know it, it feels like the height changes after every 2d... wth?

2 - (input 4d) 5c... first of all this feels impossible on pad but anyway. l've gotten 5c (input 4d) to work, is there a difference on timing really?

you guys have great execution if you can pull this off x.x l can't just yet, hoping to get to 1/10 tries at least XD

1) Generally, you want to hit them with j.2C fairly low to the ground. One thing that might help is that when you hit with 2D, position yourself to where you're supposed to hit them and then do a jump as your opponent reaches the apex of their bounce and then hit them as they "meet" you.

2) Like Akira said, input 5C as 4C. Makes everything much easier.

4) This comes with practice.

l don't know it, it feels like the height changes after every 2d... wth?

One thing you might want to note is that if 2D that hits an aerial opponent will bounce them higher than it hitting a grounded opponent. Depending on which combos you do, you may need to adjust accordingly.

l meant to say thx akira a few days ago as l can now do 5c 4d jc 90% but still struggling with the j.2c bit. i'll try out your method psykotik

Not much of a combo perse, but a good mixup defence, if you do Ada's 236236]D[ DD, and stand in front of it and simply walk forward, it creates an amazing barrier, the attacks from the DD will block about 97% of attacks, and the attacks it doesnt block, it instantly punishes via the rapid hits and the fact that Ada gains super armour during the entire thing, good for getting in close aswell or just taunting the enemy for fun ^,-. Another thing i would like to bring attention to, you gain heat from Ada being stroke, its not the best but its still good for gaining that 1 or 2 points for his 236236 DD, or his 632146C, ive also found that instead of attacking with Ada during his 632146C, position her at the end of screen where opponent gets thrown, and instantly back up, 9/10 times they'll attempt to air dash over her and that gives a good chance for punishment, theres loads of sneaky way you can punish them aswell for trying to jump over her, his J.214C has okay distance, does fair damage and heat gain, and throws, allowing you to combo in with a 632]D[ from Ada letting you rush in for possibly a 6C-3C, and jump cancel from it away and back into Ada's range of protection. most fail to see this possibility when fighting vs. him and they can get caught off guard the first time or 2, great for mixup.

Hopefully it's okay to ask this here but what's the proper timing for: ~ 623C > 22D > 5C > input 2]D[ > ~? I tried doing 2]D[ at the same time as 5C and it didn't register. I've been doing 5C > jb+2]D[ and it kinda works but sometimes the 2D won't hit.

to be honest, that combo works best when ada is already activated before 22D, instead of activatinge her with 22D

i stopped doing this combo because the timing was annoying and the damage output wasnt worth the effort and annoyance

in training, i dropped this combo constantly unless ada was already activated before 22D or 5C [2D] ... jc

I've been doing 5C > jb+2]D[ and it kinda works but sometimes the 2D won't hit.

I do this as well but I can get it to work 100% of the time. The trick is to put in a slight delay between j.B and j.C (assuming that you're doing a j.C after the j.B). That way, the 2D will hit before the opponent hits the ground from j.C.

^I do this. input the 2d immediately after the j.b and you shouldnt have a problem. l dont think i've dropped this combo once since l learned it, it's really easy, and l dont even delay the j.b j.c but l guess that helps?

In my case yes, at first is hard but once you learnt it you will have no problem doing it. Is an excellent combo, deal sick dmg, gain a LOT heat gauge, doesn't use too many Nirvana gauge, if you know where to deactivate it, and end with oki.

Doing this isn't so hard in comparison to j2.C~Allecancel + Volante... Somehow i always feel rewarded when i do this online >_>, is like dealing 6k or 7K dmg and no one can say that you are cheap, because this is very hard to do.

to be honest, that combo works best when ada is already activated before 22D, instead of activatinge her with 22D

i stopped doing this combo because the timing was annoying and the damage output wasnt worth the effort and annoyance

in training, i dropped this combo constantly unless ada was already activated before 22D or 5C [2D] ... jc

For me, it was very weird at first doing that combo. But from art of magic, somehow without knowing, i started doing it with no problem. It was like, WTF? FUCK THE POLICE! IM DOING IT!!! >_>. Then, i learner sub consciously how it work and got the timming XD

Has anybody done any experimenting with 623C (22D) > j.B > j.2C (4D) > j.C stuff besides me? Midscreen it can rival the damage off of 5C > 2D stuff with things like extended volante relaunches:

5B > 6B > 623C (22D) > j.B > j.2C (4D) > j.C > 4D hits > walk > 5C > sj.B > j.2C (421D) > j.B > j.B > j.2C > j.C (22D) > volante hits > 5C > j.B > j.B > j.C (623D) > brio hits > 6A > (6D) j.C > 6D hits > 3C

And it is the best combo I can find in the corner when Nirvana needs to be teleported to you mid-combo, with an added bonus of generating enough heat to use fermata at the end even if you start at 0 heat:

5B > 6B > 623C (22D) > j.B > j.2C (4D) > j.C > 4D hits > backstep > 5C > j.B > j.2C > j.B > j.B (2D) > j.C > 2D hits > 5C > j.B > j.2C > j.B > j.B > j.C (623D) > brio hits > backstep > 2C > 214214D > 3C

Or has pretty much everybody just adopted UB loops entirely pretty much? :/

Sorry if I notated either of the combos wrong.

Hi guys

I just got back into BB. I played CT extensively, skipped cs1,2 and now I'm back to playing carl in CSX.

Still trying to adjust to the new carl (still trying 2A > 2B > 3C > IAD Allecan stuff or clap loops because I'm used to it)

What I've gotten so far:

C-O-N there are a few options:

2D loop, 8D Loop, 4D loop and Volante Loops with the standard air combo between loops seem to be the most common.

In Corner you have those 4 + Brio to keep the combo going.

What are the difference between those? Why choose 2D over 8D or Volante? What's the easiest Variant?

Could anyone post a basic midscreen C-O-N combo and a corner combo for me? 5B starter, or whatever.

Not too advanced, no allecan stuff for now. I need some basic reliable damage before I get into the more advanced stuff.

Preferably non character specific combos.

I've seen all the combos in this thread, but for now I need one combo to focus on, and I don't know which one to choose.

Also, are those combos from the CS2 carl Combo thread still working?

Hi guys

I just got back into BB. I played CT extensively, skipped cs1,2 and now I'm back to playing carl in CSX.

Still trying to adjust to the new carl (still trying 2A > 2B > 3C > IAD Allecan stuff or clap loops because I'm used to it)

What I've gotten so far:

C-O-N there are a few options:

2D loop, 8D Loop, 4D loop and Volante Loops with the standard air combo between loops seem to be the most common.

In Corner you have those 4 + Brio to keep the combo going.

What are the difference between those? Why choose 2D over 8D or Volante? What's the easiest Variant?

Could anyone post a basic midscreen C-O-N combo and a corner combo for me? 5B starter, or whatever.

Not too advanced, no allecan stuff for now. I need some basic reliable damage before I get into the more advanced stuff.

Preferably non character specific combos.

I've seen all the combos in this thread, but for now I need one combo to focus on, and I don't know which one to choose.

Also, are those combos from the CS2 carl Combo thread still working?

Hold on Tiger! You're far behind the times, but I'll get you up to speed

First off, 3C>IAD Allecan doesn't work in CSE anymore because of hitstun deterioration on 3C.

2D loop still works, but it will waste a lot of meter because of the new change (brought into CS2) where using the same "ADA move" in a row uses more meter than using different "ADA moves". Therefore I would drop this since ADA meter conservation would be very difficult for you

2C>8D loop is still there but I'll show you a better 8D loop to use

What the hell was the 4D loop?

Volante loops died after CS1. You can only do 2 in CSE without the opponent teching out of the combo, and 2 volante's isn't a real loop

What's the difference between 2D, 8D, and Volante? What's the easiest Variant?

2D is the strongest starter of the 3

8D is the best finisher of the 3

Volante is used for moving in on the opponent. Combo wise it is usually used as a relaunch tool

As far as chosing which ones to use, you want to use all of them in a combo. Start with 2D, then use volante to relaunch, then use 8D as a finisher

As for the easiest variant, 2D wins since it gives you the most damage output in your combos. If you want an explanation as to why, read this nice passage by a guy named dragontamer#s

Is the damage scaling that significant that people actually chose optimal combos based on this?

Yes. Damage is scaled between two things:

1. Initial proration

2. Scaled Proration

If the attack is the first attack in a combo string, the initial AND scaled proration is multiplied with the damage. In all other cases, scaled proration is multiplied with the damage.

Initial proration works like this. Lets say I have two attacks. The first has 80% initial proration, and the second deals 100 damage. The second attack (and all attacks following it) will do only 80% of its damage. (or in this case, only 80 damage).

Scaled proration works like this. Lets say I have three attacks. The first has 50% initial proration, and 90% scaled proration. The second attack has 80% proration. The third attack does 100 damage. If all three attacks are used one after another, the 3rd attack will deal 50% damage (initial) * 90% (scaled proration from first attack) * 80% (scaled proration from 2nd attack) * 100.

So every attack's scaled proration affects the _entire_ combo string. The first attack's initial proration is additionally factored into the damage of the entire combo.

This way, certain easy to use attacks (like your light attacks) are really high in proration. Harder attacks have better proration (or in some cases, 100+% proration. In fact, one of Noel's attacks has 100%+ proration. IE: it makes all attacks following that attack even stronger). Generally, proration is between 90% and 100%. Really easy to use attacks have something like 80% proration.

Basic Mid-Screen Combo+Corner

Okay, so in CSE you have several reset options that are simple. Here is one extremely simple combo

j.c= Jump Cancel

JC= Jump+C Button

5B>6B>Cantabile>5C>j.c>JB>j.c>JB>JC

Basic corner combo

B>6B>Cantabile>5C>j.c>JB>j.c>JB>JC>Brio>JB>j.c>JB>JC

Since you said no Allecan stuff, I avoided that

try these 2 smoke combos and experiment with ADA's other moves. The other combos are "advanced"

And for your final question, All of the CS2 Combos work, except for the 3D Loop since you can no longer repeatedly do JB>J.2C

Lol sinder ur missing a lot yourself. Firstly the 3c>IAD allecan doesnt work because 3c no longer causes KD secondly Looping a move is not wise because because of SMP added into the CS and up games. The strongest combo carl had in CT was iirc 5b>5c>6D>Jc xN this combo is very weak due to SMP (Same move proration) when doing a combo using a move anymore then once will result in a large hitstun loss and damage loss.. Resulting in u dropping the combo a lot earlier then u normally would be.

Also there is a thread for these types of questions in the Marionette mastery Guide

Hi guys!

I know, 2A > 2b > 3C > Allecan isn't possible anymore. What I meant was that I still have the old combos burned in my muscle memory, that's why I still do them.

Anyways, I've spent the last few days in Pmode, and I'm starting to get the hang of new Carl.

Your post really helped me out a lot Sinder. I really love the concept of substituting 2D, 4D, 8D and Volante to keep combos going depending on the situation. Much more fun than doing the same old BnB all day long.

I can now do the Cantabile > Summon into 2D Loop on a constant basis which upped my dmg output by quite a lot.

Maybe you guys can help me out with a few specific problems:

1.) I'm having problems with the "2D> sj.B > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > 8D > j.2C > allegretto > 8D " part of the standard loop.

I can do it just fine with Nirvana beeing active all the time, but I want to be able to do it with deactivating Nirvana during the Combo.

When i do, I always mess up the 8 D > j.2C > Allegretto > 8D part. I can't seem to time the first 8D properly. At what part of the combo do I have to input the 8D when Nirvana is deactivated?

2) I'm having troubles with:

whatever > cantabile > Summon > 2D > 66 > 5C > Volante > Aircombo > Volante hits > whatever

I'm talking about the N - C - O wall carry combo, non sandwich variant.

Any hints on timing the volante? Any special ways of inputting the 5C > Volante?

3.) I'd love some hints on the input of:

C-O-N: 2D > Air Combo into 2D relaunch. I can't seem to hit it right. is it possible that I have to alter the air combo for it to work?

not having too much luck with sJ.B > J.2C > J.B > dJ.B > J.C into 2D Relaunch.

really appreciate your help.

1.) The problem with the double 8D part it is height/distance sensitive so spacing is important. An to be honest its not really needed unless u plan on doing a Fermata ender. However even then adding a second allegreto>8D isnt really worth it. Due to Ada needing to be kept on and using 8D twice will give it a SMP cost taking a lot more of her Hp just for like 300 extra dmg. I would not advise doing it,, although it gives carl hella Heat. I value my Ada meter more then Heat, so it truly comes down to personal preference. But to answer question again upon pressing j2c press 8D with it. So the input would be j2c>(8D)>allegreto>8D.

2.) If you objective is corner carry then u may want to try this

N-C-O: 5b>6b>cantabile>2D>vivace~B>5c>jb(Input volante)>j2c>jb>jb>j2c>jc(input 22D)>volante hits>5c>jb>j2c>Allegreto>Brio It will chain from one corner to the other ... and still provide Okizeme

3.) Lastly 2D is one of out best starters... Do not waste that by using 2D again during the combo. Due to same move proration it will greatly reduce hitstun and damage of a combo if u preform the same special attack twice during a combo (Some moves are an exception to this rule)

Hello there

First of all: thanks for the quick reply.

1.) The problem with the double 8D part it is height/distance sensitive so spacing is important. An to be honest its not really needed unless u plan on doing a Fermata ender. However even then adding a second allegreto>8D isnt really worth it. Due to Ada needing to be kept on and using 8D twice will give it a SMP cost taking a lot more of her Hp just for like 300 extra dmg. I would not advise doing it,, although it gives carl hella Heat. I value my Ada meter more then Heat, so it truly comes down to personal preference. But to answer question again upon pressing j2c press 8D with it. So the input would be j2c>(8D)>allegreto>8D.

The distance might be a problem too. When I keep nirvana activated, I can walk her towards me during the air combo, when I deactivate her, I often only hit the outer edge of her 8D, but usually the 8D is too late anyways.

I am talking about the FIRST 8D, not the second one. When I keep Nirvana activated I input: J.B > J.2C > J.B > 9]D[b > J.C which works great.

When Nirvana is deactivated, I try to do it before the jump cancel in the air combo, but I can't get the timing/inputs right. Any ideas?

I kinda want to learn it because of the fermata ender. I mean it's guaranteed damage, why not take it at the end of a round?

*edit*

Okay, nailed it after 1 hour of pmode.

2 questions about your combo:

1.) If you do 2D > VivaceB from a NCO situation, doesn't that always put you into C-O-N? At least it looks like the wall carry goes towards the opposite direction the combo originally started in. is that correct?

2.) The highlighted part is character specific, correct? At least I haven't been able to do an Air combo with 2x J.2C on every character of the cast.

I was refering to this combo: it uses 66 instead of Vivace B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RCnpWS5H_xw#t=110s

(on a side note: this gotta be the coolest combo ever. Dual Summon? F Yeah)

It's not only for a relaunch off a 2D starter. There are a lot of situations where a 2d relaunch seems practical. i.e in a combo where you used up all the other relaunchers.

Can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RCnpWS5H_xw#t=236s

To sum it up:

1.) need help with input of 8D in Combo 1 *done*

2.) need help with Input of Volante in Combo 2

3.) Need help with Input of 2D relaunch during Air combo.

2 questions about your combo:

1.) If you do 2D > VivaceB from a NCO situation, doesn't that always put you into C-O-N? At least it looks like the wall carry goes towards the opposite direction the combo originally started in. is that correct?

2.) The highlighted part is character specific, correct? At least I haven't been able to do an Air combo with 2x J.2C on every character of the cast.

I was refering to this combo: it uses 66 instead of Vivace B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RCnpWS5H_xw#t=110s

(on a side note: this gotta be the coolest combo ever. Dual Summon? F Yeah)

1) You're right in that Vivace B will put you in C-O-N after the 2D, better to just dash forward after the 2D hit.

2) j.B, j.2C, j.B, djc, j.B, j.2C, j.C is not character specific but you do need to superjump to get the whole string since Carl will need to be above the opponent to get the whole string. With that said, j.B, j.2C, j.B, djc, j.B ,j.C also works in most cases if the opponent is too high for 2 j.2Cs.

As for the 2D relaunch, most of the time, I'll input the combo as: [...] j.B, j.2C, j.B, djc, j.2B+D, slight delay, j.C or some other variant. Depending on the height, I may adjust the delay timing or not include it at all.

Ahh, I did forget this combo was a NCO and not CNO my mistake. So yes u would do the 66 instead as for the double J2c no. Double j2c is universal.... the timing is just stupid cause of some character hitboxed aka Noel and Tao. But yes it does work on all, the timing is just slightly altered. Try delaying the second j2c, remember that this combo must be done with a super jump.

Oh ok, i assumed that u were referring to second 2D during combos... to be honest there are tones of ways u can get a 2D relauch in ur combos. The trick with this is that Ada must already be on meaning u have to already be holding the button down. But the inputs are

(2D)>j2c>delay jc (during a air relauch)

After volante/4D hits j2c(2D)>allegreto

Most commonly used Jb(2D)>jb>jc

As for using volante,, its really easy.

Mostly during air relauch combos in CON position or corner postion

After 2D hits move to CON position the 5c(Volante input)>jb>jc>volante hits

After 4D hits move to CON position 5c will connect.. but 5b is so much safer. 5B>jb>j2c(input volante)>jb>jb>jc>volante hits

During corner combos 5c>jb>j2c(volante input)>jc

If ur talking about corner carry combos then ur outta luck... The combo input i gave works... however u must super jump for it to connect it is universal with the exception of Makoto i think