Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

Lord Knight's GAMEPLAY RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY thread (EX edition)

thx lk l appreciate the input, l havent thought about playing everyone unless l was really bored lol. and yea l use netplay as my training ground, especially with all the diversity of chars. l actually would be pretty shitty without netplay tbh, at least against certain chars.

so lk, now that you've played me (im sure you seen this coming lool...)

what do you think l need to work on? what l did well? l could analyze the matches myself but l always value your input.

for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRHzCxmNtA&feature=bf_prev&list=PL5CB1A62947489516&lf=plpp_video

also, how do you put your matchup thoughts and observations... into words? and more importantly, practice? :(

LK, how do you feel about the overall balance/viability of the cast in this version? Do you think it's a step forward or back, or more or less the same as CS2?

which combo you think is better to do in the corner with litchi

(starter) riichi ippastu tanki hatsu d(held) chun ect ect

or

(starter) riichi ippastu tanki hatsu d(held) 6a (staff 2) ect ect

The 6A route will give you more meter and damage(?) but it's more difficult and very sensitive to proration. Go with the Chun route, especially on the characters with smaller hitboxes.

Followup questing to Shiwase:

LK - why work on Litchi and not other characters?

speaking from personal exp when i started playing blazblue, i was playing everyone i liked. by doing this iwas able to learn how different characters work and if they fit my style. i was using tao, lambda tsubaki mu and makoto(when she came out) this was alright for me but i was going no where, it wasnt until cs2 when i accualy sat down and played with the characters that i relized i needed to get better and stick to one for the mmoment, i was going to do that with platinum and try to sub litchi, but my friend asked me who i really had more fun with. for 2 days i thought about it and relized i liked litchi better than platinum, then i stuck with her for a while. when i did that i relized i got better at the game then i though i would be even though i still thought i was bad, i saw i was improving.

moral of the story, getting better with a character requiers all of your time that you cant split with 5 or else you wont get very far. working on one character can also make others seem a bit easier to use (imo)

but this is just my story and opinion feel free to disagree anyone

~E

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

thx lk l appreciate the input, l havent thought about playing everyone unless l was really bored lol. and yea l use netplay as my training ground, especially with all the diversity of chars. l actually would be pretty shitty without netplay tbh, at least against certain chars.

so lk, now that you've played me (im sure you seen this coming lool...)

what do you think l need to work on? what l did well? l could analyze the matches myself but l always value your input.

for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRHzCxmNtA&feature=bf_prev&list=PL5CB1A62947489516&lf=plpp_video

also, how do you put your matchup thoughts and observations... into words? and more importantly, practice? :(

I think you should work on some confidence! I'd say you don't have to ask me for advice on how to get better.

As far as your second question... well, I just do it, lol. There's no trick to it, you have to tell yourself to do whatever new things, thoughts or observations you make and turn it into action.

LK, how do you feel about the overall balance/viability of the cast in this version? Do you think it's a step forward or back, or more or less the same as CS2?

The balance is good and everyone is playable, but I'm kind of tired of Extend. It's a step forward for everyone who cares about balance, but for me it's kind of meh, I'm tired of all the dumb characters getting to stay dumb, but they take stuff away from my character. But the balance is good now, for sure. I'd say the best way forward is to just make a brand new version instead of a new Continuum Shift.

which combo you think is better to do in the corner with litchi

(starter) riichi ippastu tanki hatsu d(held) chun ect ect

or

(starter) riichi ippastu tanki hatsu d(held) 6a (staff 2) ect ect

The former. More damage and meter gain. Obviously if your prorate is poor you should skip out on going into the held D > chun route.

What are your thorough opinions on Litchi in CSEX?

I like the new combos, they are more fun and varied than CS2, plus it feels like they really fleshed out staffless > staff stuff, but I don't like the damage reduction, and I don't like what they did to Daisharin. Even though I know they are encouraging people to use more different types of oki, but I wish they only took one or the other, and not both. Now, my issue with Litchi in CS2 was that I thought she was fun and a bit silly (how do you outdamage CS1 Litchi consistently lollll) but they simplified her too much from CS1, because they took away Itsuucan and reduced the blockstun and hitstun on the staff launch too much. This time I think it's fine, but she really does need more damage, or at least more damage for punishing people midscreen. I'm just waiting for BB3 at this point.

Followup questing to Shiwase:

LK - why work on Litchi and not other characters?

If you're good at fighting games, Litchi is a good character. Litchi is the best looking character too, even though Makoto is pretty good. Litchi has hard combos and they are contingent on a bunch of factors, so if you can confirm into an optimal combos around 70 percent of the time, than that's good, because that's a pretty crucial skill in anime games. If you want to be good with Litchi, you should probably play Litchi.

LK: I'm starting to believe that Rachel's mix up is either as good, if not better than Valk's, for several reasons:

-Her IOH j.A is just as hard to see as wolf 5C~C+A (imo), as long as it's not telegraphed from 5B

-Her mix up can be made safe with pumpkin, george, sword iris

-She can block while doing this mix up to bait reversals, and gets equal if not more damage off of a wrong guess

Thoughts on this? Maybe TD just has my head fucked up from all the matches we play, but I don't think this is a far-fetched idea.

IOH j.A would be better if it worked on the whole cast.

But I thought it hit the whole cast.

I guess what I meant to say is that 5B 2D j.A isn't gapless on everyone.

IOH j.A with pumpkin/frog is really good though.

I got a question for you Gli I know this was in only in CS2 but was 6B>2D j.A gapless?

The balance is good and everyone is playable, but I'm kind of tired of Extend. It's a step forward for everyone who cares about balance, but for me it's kind of meh, I'm tired of all the dumb characters getting to stay dumb, but they take stuff away from my character. But the balance is good now, for sure. I'd say the best way forward is to just make a brand new version instead of a new Continuum Shift.

That's the way I felt in CS2.

Which characters are the dumbest? First in your opinion, then in relativity to how your character has to deal with them?

LK: I'm starting to believe that Rachel's mix up is either as good, if not better than Valk's, for several reasons:

-Her IOH j.A is just as hard to see as wolf 5C~C+A (imo), as long as it's not telegraphed from 5B

-Her mix up can be made safe with pumpkin, george, sword iris

-She can block while doing this mix up to bait reversals, and gets equal if not more damage off of a wrong guess

Thoughts on this? Maybe TD just has my head fucked up from all the matches we play, but I don't think this is a far-fetched idea.

Valk's mixup is better than Rachel's imo. First off, her rising jA being "harder to see" doesn't really matter if both their high mixups are unseeable. Her mixup can be made safe with items, but they do rely ON the resources, of which Valk has easier access to. Of course, everyone (including Valk) has ways to make their setups safe against reversals and such.

In the end, they are both heavily momentum based characters, and you're just tight imo~~~~

Are you still learning Tao LK?

I've played Tao since CS1.

That's the way I felt in CS2.

Which characters are the dumbest? First in your opinion, then in relativity to how your character has to deal with them?

Arakune, Noel, Bang, Mu, Tao, Hakumen, Carl and Ragna are the dumbest characters.

It's a step forward for everyone who cares about balance, but for me it's kind of meh, I'm tired of all the dumb characters getting to stay dumb, but they take stuff away from my character

Arakune, Noel, Bang, Mu, Tao, Hakumen, Carl and Ragna are the dumbest characters.

14m7wia.pngih7fq1.jpg

LK What characters is tetsu's Ab2 ender unusable? I personally can't do it consistently enough to go around the whole cast and I remember you saying it isn't universal.

Also did daisahrin count as something dumb that needed to be eliminated or do you personally feel it was fair and was required as compensation for the non RC DP thing?

Edited by NeoGio0o

The rest I can agree with but, can you explain why Hakumen is dumb?

Valk's mixup is better than Rachel's imo. First off, her rising jA being "harder to see" doesn't really matter if both their high mixups are unseeable. Her mixup can be made safe with items, but they do rely ON the resources, of which Valk has easier access to. Of course, everyone (including Valk) has ways to make their setups safe against reversals and such.

In the end, they are both heavily momentum based characters, and you're just tight imo~~~~

I've played Tao since CS1.

I gotta ask, why Bang? What makes him dumb?

The rest I can agree with but, can you explain why Hakumen is dumb?
I'm guessing it's because Hakumen's drive forces litchi to stop using her normal oki setups, making knockdowns a lot less useful. In general he forces characters to play their offense in a very uncomfortable way solely because of the threat of a counter.