Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skorm11

Can you HCL FRC airdash after 2D in #r?

those moves are pretty useless in #r really except like jump into late air dash (throw whiff) j.H 236P -> your choice of ground HCL loop for > 50% damage and hard knockdown

^^^actually it was to show that your comment about the guard gauge depletion/burst gauge refill was not factual at all.

that player is me btw. for pathetic damage, I seemed to do something like 65% off one combo.

seems to me you did 65% off 5 combos, 3 of which were black beat, taking all of your tension, and against a very bad bursting back-tech happy roboky

if you're talking about the first combo, then yeah you got decent damage there i guess after working his guard gauge up for a full 10 or so seconds, but my point is that #r i-no would've 100%'d him off 1 combo with the guard gauge that high. That's her strength in #r and that's why she's higher tier. Also the benefit of perfect note speed and 5S being an actual normal

You mean far 5S? or did they change something to close 5S that I'm not aware of?

Speaking of, in AC they made it so 2S hits low, making it a 10x more useful tool.

I'm not going to debate you on #R tier vs AC tier because I'm not familiar with #R's tier enough to do so. I have SBO 2005 and that about my only exposure to competitive play on #R. I can't stand to play it either because I-No feels so crippled. (note: I do play it now because it works on 360 and my PS2 died)

4) J.d FDC Cancel

This is simply doing J.d into a faultless defense, thus retaining the momentum of j.d while canceling the attack

a) How do I do this?

j.d, immediate FD (different people have different methods. Find the two buttons most comfortable for you to FD from after hitting j.d). The speed at which this has to be done is quite fast. Doing this fast and incorrectly will also cause you to burst, but when done properly, this technique is very doable even when retaining your burst. Don't listen to people who say you have to burst first to do this!!

b) Why is this useful?

Throughout new versions, I-no has gotten many new tools to mix-up and cross up opponents, such as the double dash. However this mix-up has existed since I-no's character was created and can utterly confuse opponents. J.d while jumping has a certain momentum that moves I-no forward. If FD cancelled quickly, especially after super jumping, I-no will actually jump over the opponent. Doing so will enable I-no access to a quick crossover technique that is hard to react to. Another use can be seen in the following string. Hover dash (HD), j.s j.d. Normally this string is used to hit those that would block low after j.s, in hopes of guarding 2.k. However the block string can be further modified into HD, j.s j.d FDC cancel, j.s (again)/land, 2.k/land throw. This allows you to be less predictable, which is key to being a good I-no player!! Great examples of this include Attsun's #R SBO performance!

copy pasta from the FAQ ...read that thread first...

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7892-NEW-I-NO-General-FAQ-and-Update-Thread-No-more-random-threads-all-over-the-place!

and on another note, so to speak , I-no sounds WAAAAY sexier in reload...

Kimochi~

<3:IN:

keyboard!!! damn lmao just buy a stick!!! even a mayflash for christs' sake ...i don't even think its humanly possible lol

the time reaction at the buttons are the same...the only thing "better" a stick is the little ball joystick...that dosn't rly do much :) ok, maybe it would help me at a machine gun CL ... but that's kinda all..

in the air do 236 d then cancel it with fd immediately then just hold fd till you land : D

Close! If you just do faultless defense I-No will just drop like you normally cancelled it.

...and I can't imagine possibly playing GG on keyboard. kudos to you for that.

actually that is how you do it unless you want to hold d too...which you don't have to do... it can be input as 236[d] [p] [k] then let go of d and hold p and k I was bored and doing this in training mode last night lol.. along with some tricky venom stuff...

^^^actually you're right. I've always done it with PKS because I discovered it via macro.

Oddly enough, there is some strange factors when you do it manually with just p and k. Sometimes it does it, sometimes she just drops. Using a macro or 3 buttons pretty much 100% of the time works. I was certain 2 buttons didn't work until you said it did just now.

So... I'm thinking...

HD j.S > j.D FDC > j.S > double jump over them + SB cancel to turn around > j.S > 236D > cancel > airdash crossup > Fortissimo

Great way to blow 75% on some retarded mixup. Overhead > mixup overhead > crossup overhead > crossup random super.

Eh... assuming it works. I can't do I-No's j.D FDC. I've played around a little with FBdive cancels to jump/airdash though. Has anyone ever beaten a burst attempt using it, in a context like long range poke > HCL FRC AD > *opponent bursts here as you move in* 236D > cancel > jump > airthrow? Is it viable to try something like this if you see the burst start up late?

So... I'm thinking...

HD j.S > j.D FDC > j.S > double jump over them + SB cancel to turn around > j.S > 236D > cancel > airdash crossup > Fortissimo

Great way to blow 75% on some retarded mixup. Overhead > mixup overhead > crossup overhead > crossup random super.

Eh... assuming it works. I can't do I-No's j.D FDC. I've played around a little with FBdive cancels to jump/airdash though. Has anyone ever beaten a burst attempt using it, in a context like long range poke > HCL FRC AD > *opponent bursts here as you move in* 236D > cancel > jump > airthrow? Is it viable to try something like this if you see the burst start up late?

I would like to see the opponent that stands there and lets you dash back and forth to do all that crap. lol

Only time I've ever seen anyone use her FB cancel to beat out a burst is in that White Falcon combo vid. He beats Dizzy's burst, then dashes back into UF. Pretty sure it's on youtube. Great combo vid. One of the few good ones that is done completely by a player, no tools involved.