Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetalMaelstrom

[CSE] Hazama Combo Guide and Combo Discussion Thread

Yep, her hitbox is pretty iffy, I keep dropping combos on her. The only person I can play with regularly offline uses Makoto, though, so I was looking forward to getting some of those to hit. Thanks for the advice, I've gotten it to connect a few times over the last half hour training, but nowhere near consistently. Inputting the 66 right as the last j.C hits and holding it as Hazama lands did help a fair bit, though. I'll go ahead and practice those strings you mentioned; I just tried both, and the corner one does work on Makoto.

Thanks!

tbh I just mash 66 once it feels I'm close to the ground after j.C x5 lol

I don't find it too strict, it's just that sometimes you may end up doing it too early or too late if you are not used to the combo.

too early: hiren whiffs after 2C

too late: hiren connects but can't pick up with 5C

also, 214D~C 6C dash 5C j.C x5 662C tk j214B [dashing loop x2~x3] never whiffs on makoto if done correctly.

well, it may whiff you are trying to do so starting with your back to the corner, but in that particular situation you shouldn't be doing that combo anyway ;)

With corner combos like this:

2A > 5B > 3C > 236D > dash 6C > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C > 214D~B > 3C

I can never get the 6C to red-beat. Am I not dashing soon enough after the 236D? Is there a cue I can go on for when to dash?

Sometimes you need to buffer the dash during 236D. Depends on your set-up (TV/monitor), but that usually is the case. Also, make sure to press the C button as soon as possible, because all you need is for that first knife to connect fast enough.

Well, sometimes you can be a bit too far from the corner for a dashing 6C to connect.

Depending on the distance you could do dash 5B / dash 5C / 5D~D / j76D~D 66C / etc.

2A > 5B > 3C if done right next to an opponent shouldn't pose such a problem though.

So what's the highest damage we can get? I haven't checked the combo videos yet.

Hi, i haven't checked but i think that the maximum damage viable is 6000-7000 from good starters like 5C or 6C, obviously doing TK Loop.

I know you said viable but I never said anything about it so I assumed people reading this would think of highest possible and not highest viable.

tager specific off command throw:

236C dash 5C [j.A j.B j.CxN dash 5B 5C]x2 3C 236D

dmg: 1345 hg: 35

if you get a wall bounce after jabaki you can add 623D at the end.

dmg: 1443 hg: 43

I don't know/don't care how many j.C the combo requires, just do enough till you are low off the ground.

this could more than likely work without the two j.A too, but they make it way easier to do.

You don't need the command throw for it to work. If you get a 5A/5B/5C hit on him, you can go straight into the loop.

You don't need the command throw for it to work. If you get a 5A/5B/5C hit on him while he's standing up, you can go straight into the loop.

Fix'd

And I know about that, but noone had posted it so I thought why not :\

So, I'm just starting to learn hazama, and I was wondering if there were any other combos off his normals? All I really see Is C moves, but they require 50 heat to follow up or 214d~c. I just wanted to know what I should do If I get a 5b / 6a / 6b / etc. with no heat for houtenjin.

Fix'd

And I know about that, but noone had posted it so I thought why not :\

Well I think you can do the 5A > 5B > dash 5A loop on him if he's not standing up. lol

So, I'm just starting to learn hazama, and I was wondering if there were any other combos off his normals? All I really see Is C moves, but they require 50 heat to follow up or 214d~c. I just wanted to know what I should do If I get a 5b / 6a / 6b / etc. with no heat for houtenjin.

Without heat you got TK Hirentotsu loop and flashkick wallstick combos in the corner. He doesn't have any midscreen combos that don't involve 50% heat or a zaneiga starter.

To answer your question even further, you can't really land BIG combos midscreen without CH starters (5C, 3C, 6B) or 50 heat. I'll start you off with basic Hazama midscreen combo theory. Let's say you and your opponent are both on the ground midscreen and meterless and you land a hit. Let's just say this hit is 2A. You want to squeeze in as many cancellable normals (not 6A, 6B, 6C) as possible before ending the combo with 3C > 214D~A/236D. This way you can build as much meter as you can off that hit to go towards Houtenjin. You can also do this same thing off a chain-in or command grab. If you hit an airborne opponent with a normal (again meterless), usually you'll want to follow that up with 2C or 5C into 4D~D > j.B > j.C x 2 > double-jump cancel > j.C x 5 > j.214B. Air to air, just hit them with as many air normals as possible, j.C if possible then end with j.214B. If you're lucky enough (i.e. close enough to the ground) you might get a small relaunch into the standard anti-air hitconfirm as mentioned previously.

In the corner, Hazama is a meter-building machine. In the corner, your general hit-confirm off a normal or chain-in/command throw is starter > normals > 3C > 236D > TK loop. You can go into the TK loop one of two ways after this depending on your distance from the corner. If you're close enough, you can link dashing 6C during 236D wallbounce and then proceed to [5C > 2C > j.214B] x N. If you're a little bit too far away to link 6C, then just wait a little bit longer after the wallbounce then link dashing 5C and go straight into the TK loop. If you're even farther away than that, just link a chain-in after 236D wallbounce and end with an air combo.

I might update the first post with this description. About to update with slightly better hit-confirm from CH 214D~B (Lvl 1).

To answer your question even further, you can't really land BIG combos midscreen without CH starters (5C, 3C, 6B) or 50 heat. I'll start you off with basic Hazama midscreen combo theory. Let's say you and your opponent are both on the ground midscreen and meterless and you land a hit. Let's just say this hit is 2A. You want to squeeze in as many cancellable normals (not 6A, 6B, 6C) as possible before ending the combo with 3C > 214D~A/236D. This way you can build as much meter as you can off that hit to go towards Houtenjin. You can also do this same thing off a chain-in or command grab. If you hit an airborne opponent with a normal (again meterless), usually you'll want to follow that up with 2C or 5C into 4D~D > j.B > j.C x 2 > double-jump cancel > j.C x 5 > j.214B. Air to air, just hit them with as many air normals as possible, j.C if possible then end with j.214B. If you're lucky enough (i.e. close enough to the ground) you might get a small relaunch into the standard anti-air hitconfirm as mentioned previously.

In the corner, Hazama is a meter-building machine. In the corner, your general hit-confirm off a normal or chain-in/command throw is starter > normals > 3C > 236D > TK loop. You can go into the TK loop one of two ways after this depending on your distance from the corner. If you're close enough, you can link dashing 6C during 236D wallbounce and then proceed to [5C > 2C > j.214B] x N. If you're a little bit too far away to link 6C, then just wait a little bit longer after the wallbounce then link dashing 5C and go straight into the TK loop. If you're even farther away than that, just link a chain-in after 236D wallbounce and end with an air combo.

I might update the first post with this description. About to update with slightly better hit-confirm from CH 214D~B (Lvl 1).

So he only has short, low damage combos outside of the corner used to get heat. And in the corner he has stronger / longer combos that give him more heat. That's simple then. But when you do hit with the command Grab/ overhead/ low without meter do you guys just go for the 5b > 3c > 236d / 214d~a combo or is there something longer you guys do?

If you hit them with 6A/6B without meter you reset into pressure again. If you hit them with 214D~A you reset into pressure again. If you grab them with 236C you do Shit > 3C > 214D~A or 236D. If you do a forward throw you can do 623D. If you do a backwards grab you do 214D~D into j.6D~D shit.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I was practicing this combo and I noticed something

4B+C > 214D~D > j.6D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D~D > j.214B#

Damage: 2913, Heat Gain: 36

It does 2913 damage and 36 heat if you only hit once with your 5C. If you hit twice, it gives 2992 damage and 37 heat. I'm not sure if landing the second 5C is character specific or not, but I was able to do it against Bang and Platinum (only two I've tried it on so far)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I was practicing this combo and I noticed something

4B+C > 214D~D > j.6D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D~D > j.214B#

Damage: 2913, Heat Gain: 36

It does 2913 damage and 36 heat if you only hit once with your 5C. If you hit twice, it gives 2992 damage and 37 heat. I'm not sure if landing the second 5C is character specific or not, but I was able to do it against Bang and Platinum (only two I've tried it on so far)

It's not character specific. You can do 2C > TK loop instead though.

It's not character specific. You can do 2C > TK loop instead though.

Heh, I'm going to practice the easier combos. I probably practiced this combo: 4B+C > 214D~D > j.6D~C > 2C > tk j.214B > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C > tk j.214B > (dash) 5C > 2C > 214D~B*

for nearly two straight hours, and never was able to connect the dash 5C after the first tk j.214B. Well, except for when I had teching disabled in training mode. But blue combos don't count xD

Is it me or 3C > Mizuchi works on Lambda only after dash > TK x4?

Mizuchi won't connect with less loops after the dash, "ruining" the optimal crossunder Houtenjin combos, since you get a maximum of 3 reps after the dash even with a 5C starter.

:toot: