Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetalMaelstrom

[CSE] TK Hirentotsu/TK Loop FAQ and Guide

Did you like my use of vocabulary Zeron that much that you had to quote it?

Man, I don't get how you guys even notice those sparks and stuff lol

I just mash 5C go to 2C after the second hit, and then 963214B

The "stationary" loop is kinda braindead tbh.

It's the sliding/dash loop that can be challenging at first to get down consistently.

And I wouldn't say that Makoto needs a longer delay between 5C and 2C.

If anything, just like Taokaka and Carl, she's just very annoying to loop midscreen because of her short hurtbox, so most of the time after 214D~C > 6C you are forced to first do 2C jCx5 dash 2C instead of doing an hiren rep right away.

So i guess i'm the only one still having issues with just getting the hiren to come out. I'm gonna try 2147 later since i've been doing 8214 and it hasn't worked well with me. It's probably because i cruise through my pad and it gives me a jump instead due to some skipped inputs.

ooh, another pad user

what i do is 963214 during 2c. u don't have to press b for the hirentotsu too fast. just roll your fingers along the dpad in that motion and press b afterwards and it should come out smoothly.

The way I do the loop, I immediately shift my stick position to 2 right after inputting 5c. Then I let the 5c ride out, hit C while still holding my stick at 2, then just rush through the TK motion (2147~B).

this is what ive been doing. i still cant do it, lol

so fraudulent

For pad, it's the same as Lich explained:

It's 5C>2C>21478B

I hold down the 2 while 2C is going on, then quickly go 1478B.

I use the analogue stick, so I don't know how much of a difference (or if it would be easier some other way) this would be between d-pad/analogue.

lol playing on analog stick

Well, as a fact I know that TK motions suck on D-pad. I use a standard PS3 pad and it often comes out as 247 if I input too fast.

There's no need to TK a long hitstop move such as Hazama's 2C. I have much better sucess if I jump then input 214B. Same for Ragna's 6A TK GH.

However for those with less hitstop, like Lambda's 2D TK Crescent, it's necessary to do a "real" TK.

Just use what is easier and sucessful for you.

I use pad too (XBOX and PS3) and the 8214B way is a lot easier for me, while you do 2C holding UP a bit and then do the Hirentotsu motion.

Any way to do this loop is recommendable, just practice what it seems easier to you and practice this constantly, it will help you with your execution.

Just use what is easier and sucessful for you.

Any way to do this loop is recommendable, just practice what it seems easier to you and practice this constantly, it will help you with your execution.

^Listen to these guys.

It literally took me hours of training just to be able to do 2 reps.

Just don't get frustrated and give up. Find the rhythm, try out a few things and it'll come to you eventually.

ooh, another pad user

what i do is 963214 during 2c. u don't have to press b for the hirentotsu too fast. just roll your fingers along the dpad in that motion and press b afterwards and it should come out smoothly.

After trying out 2147, i would say it would depend on your preferences. I didn't seem to get anything different.

After a hour of doing this in training, it seems i was pressing B too fast and inputting 2C too late. I delayed my input for B to see if i would stop getting j.B and inputting 2C slightly faster and i was getting more consistent results.

As everyone has said, practicing to get the rhythm and execution down helped alot.

They were nerfed for a reason between CS1 to Extend, the time that gives to do a single combo was so huge, made it look that the character was almost brainless.

The damage that you get doing the loop in CS1 wasn't that great, and if you don't remember you gain a lot of meter of Jayoku combos in CS1 and CS2 too.

Actually I remember the loop in CS1, I was pretty impressed seeing it for the first time. When Extend wasn't out yet I believe Zeron said he was able to get 6 reps in CS1 lol. It ended up being a good thing to tack on the end your combos in CS2 because of the meter gain.

I got a chance to play CS1 on cabinet the other day, and it's so weird. The chains were so much slower and Hazama felt a lot clunkier. I kept trying to do j.c x 10 but couldn't get it. It's too bad we'll never get 236236b > 6d~a x N again that was a fun combo.

Anyways, playing on pad will definitely make the loop a bit harder, at least in my experience. Just find a motion that you like and master the execution. If you're still having trouble doing it consistently then you need to just spend an hour a day in training mode practicing, although you don't have to be grinding out the loop the whole time. Practice makes perfect.

I don't know how people play on stick. I can't imagine myself being able to do the loop on anything other than a PS3 pad. I can with the PSP pad but it's pretty clunky.

Once you practice a lot then the wrist movements become natural. I still have a hard time dashing to the left so playing on stick makes me hella free and dropping combos all over the place but it's more fun, and I've been more successful at the loop on stick. It really comes down to personal preference in the end.

I do the TK motion with the analog, feels a lot harder on the d-pad and a lot more tiring to the thumb.

You don't get calluses either :eng101:

Yea it look me a while to get used to stick (like 6 months) but finally now I am getting used to it and not really dropping combos as much and I am finally able to dash to the left better. But yea... idk how you can do the TK motion on d-pad without destroying your thumb. But yea calluses are definitely something that i do not miss.

Zeron shares my thoughts.

PS3 Pad gets better the more you use it.

The dpad initially is very rough, but smooths after sometime.

My skin works as a sandpaper. It's shiny smooth now. I hope it doesn't break on me. Thankfully though I have 2 smooth pads instead of one so I always have a backup.

For pad the best is just to use a regular DS3, one without vibration, and wear it in yourself. The tip of my thumb is still kind of calloused from all the netplay I used to do. I had two that were nicely worn but one of them got accidentally traded at an event and I ended up taking a shitty one home. There are some solid third party pads too, for example I saw a Lambda player using a pad that had a smaller analog stick in place of the dpad and he was doing well with it.

I also wanted to mention that when I was playing Persona last night I was having much less trouble with dashing and IAD's in general, my stick execution is finally getting somewhere! Best coast getting dat early release. I had to drive an hour to get there but it was worth it~

I do this combo by not practicing for a while, trying to do it randomly, failing, then deciding to get drunk.