Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tari

[Other: Community] Introductory Tea and Cake party (Come say hello!)

This thread is primarily for new players or visitors to the board to drop in and say hello or introduce themselves.

So, in that vein, while this thread may not be as active as the other threads, feel free to grab some cake and a cup of tea and make some posts!

Also, as an introduction to playing Rachel, please take a look at this guide!

wYhVp.jpg

(thread title courtesy of tofurr, because I have no imagination~)

Hmkay well, I will use this opportunity to make my first second post on dustloop in months lol. Thanks to brkrdave for kinda convincing me to do it. What's there to say... Name's Sam from Montréal Canada, been playing seriously since CS2, though I only actually got the game on PS3 since last christmas lol. Used to play Jin and Ragna the Braindead on the side but yeah I made the switch in Extend for Rachel and Valk (hurray!) cause well, best characters. Though I am still unexperienced I'm learning with one of the best (Teach me, Kirby-hakase!) and was happy to find out the offline community around here is boss.

Oh yeah, got this avatar cause holy shit man the swag. Cya around I guess!

Welcome! Always happy to see new Rachel players. :D

And more people using that ridiculous avatar, hahaha.

Rachel and Valk.

Rare to see someone that plays the same TWO characters you do.

Superior characters for superior individuals :thumbu:

Oh, hey, this one's new. Hi! I'm W7ngless, and I'm almost 90% positive that I'm going to switch (again) mains (back) to Rachel! I've been playing for about 10 days now and trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can from streams, forums, events, and so on (taking the "full-immersion" approach), but I must say, Rachel is probably my worst main to date (as opposed to Hakumen, Noel and Hazama, but I feel like they're much easier to get the hang of).

To tie on, I was also going to pick up Valk, not for lore or anything, but he seemed like a lot of fun when I saw him in exhibition recently.

In any case, it's great to be here, and look forward to creeping on all of your conversations and soaking up all your golden knowledge-y goodness (huehuehue)!

Welcome, welcome! Full immersion is a pretty good way to inundate yourself with Rachel info, haha. It takes a while to get used to her playstyle, but it's fun once you've got it down. Good luck! :D

This thread has more activity than expected, awesome~.

Kinda' horrified, looking at the video section, seeing how few and wide videos where Rachel wins there are. o.o

Haha, all part of the challenge, though, right? It'll be fun to pick up someone I've never run into online. Damn you, Ragna. Also, is there a ball-George? There should be a ball-George.

Rachel's got a pretty reasonable number of wins in her videos, don't worry. ;)

And no, there's no ball George. There is ball Nago, but you might have already known that. I don't have the image on hand, though. We've probably had it posted in the general discussion thread at least five or six separate times, since everyone is always amazed by it. :D

I think I've seen it once or twice, actually. Haha, I guess George isn't nearly as popular with non-Rachel players, as he is with Rachel players, huh?

Either way, feels good to finally start posting. God knows how long I've been creeping. Also, your avatar is almost mesmerizing. Damn you, Hatsune Miku! I'll figure out a better one as time goes along, my avatars have always been picked haphazardly.

I'm pretty sure anyone has played against Rachel will carve the image of that goddamn green frog into their mind. When I asked my opponents "do you remember what's Rachel's pets?", almost the first thing they mentioned is the frog :V.

I wonder, this place and Platinum's one, which is the lolicon den?

I would say the Platinum subforum has the lolicon den. Rachel subforum appreciates a good loli, but does not necessarily accept just any loli. We have refined tastes, so to speak.

Iunno, the Sanctuary is the OG loli den, to the point where people were (and are D:<) afraid of it, whereas PTG was pretty #nofunallowed

I suppose we were the ones who rallied to overthrow the Noel forums, but oh well. Getting a bit too off-topic in 'ere, eh? :P

I suppose we were the ones who rallied to overthrow the Noel forums, but oh well. Getting a bit too off-topic in 'ere, eh? :P

It's the great Tsundere vs. Loli war of 2012. Only the dead have seen the end of the war.

I would say the Platinum subforum has the lolicon den. Rachel subforum appreciates a good loli, but does not necessarily accept just any loli. We have refined tastes, so to speak.

You hurt my feeling.

Platinum is a good loli.

I'm learning two characters right now and Rachel's one of them. Have tried her in CT until now but I've never really hit a higher level of play.

Hoping to change that starting now. I can't really decide if I like Mu or Rachel more either so I guess I'll be playing both for now.

If anyone wants matches or something feel free to add me.

Hello everyone!

I've been playing since CT but I've been too shy to post here on dl (mostly because of my terrible skill at this game and because I didn't have internet for netplay ;w; ) Since the first iteration, I've been wanting to pick up Rachel because of her stylin' combos and mixup but, once again because of my horrible execution, I've never been able to play her successfully.

At the end of CS2, I finally gave her another shot and found that I really enjoyed the way that she felt when I played her. I figured that since I've been lurking for so long, I should get around to introducing myself. So here I am! :3

(by the way, I'm terrible at FGs; don't judge me (☍﹏⁰). Feel free to add me for games, however, seeing how I'm always super lonely in training mode orz)

Welcome, welcome, both of you guys. :D

Best of luck learning Rachel! If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask. I can't say I'll necessarily be able to give you useful answers for everything, but I'm sure the other guys can cover for my failures. ;P

Best of luck learning Rachel! If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask. I can't say I'll necessarily be able to give you useful answers for everything, but I'm sure the other guys can cover for my failures. ;P

<3

Thanks. I'm hoping to play some of you to get some pointers. I usually go on at night, EST.