Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

XBlaze Code: Embryo Discussion (Spoilers)

Music is kinda grating to the ears, and the voice clips being scrambled as a cacophony of voices don't exactly help the presentation, either.

Let's hope more substance makes up for it.

Hmmm. I actually like the music, thought it was a nice mix of dubstep and rock if you like that sort of thing. Anyone know what the heck the characters are saying? I'm not fluent in japanese...

I hope its more along the lines of an RPG and not so much a visual novel though I doubt it. Unlikely for vn to be shipped overseas but maybe we could get access to an rpg of some sort. Anyways if it takes place in more or less modern times like many suspect I think it will be more of a VN then RPG simply because they will lose a cool mechanic if characters can't use ars magus(due to it not being invented yet).

Way late, but here's a translation for the second PV. It's been sitting on my HD for a while, I just never got around to posting it for some reason.

Adventure Project

Phase One

Original Plan

Toshimichi Mori

Scenario

SATZ

Development

Arc System Works

A new legend...

Begins with the "Azure."

Touya Kagari

"What the hell are you!?"

"Stop, I don't want anyone to get hurt!"

"Sorry, but I just can't leave it like this."

Es

"I've been given orders to protect you."

Hinata Himezuru

"That's fine, we can just window shop."

"I'll be happy so long as we're having fun together."

Kuon Glamred Stroheim

"My answer is 'No.'"

"Do you have any idea what you're saying?"

"Die like a man."

Mei Amanohokosaka

"A person like you could never comprehend my thoughts."

"What's going on!?"

Assorted keywords including but not limited to: Cauldron, Prime Field, Special Ability, Research Center, Takamagahara System, Seithr, Exisitence Resonance, Mitsurugi, Contact, Tradition, Black Beast, Grimoire, Blood, Gate of Sheol, Master Unit, Power of the Azure, Susano'o, God

XBLAZE

Coming in 2013

"Now commencing termination."

More details from Famitsu (web article).

Producer: Toshimichi Mori

Director: Hiroaki Umezawa

Character Designer: Konomi Higuchi

Story: The protagonist, Touya Kagari, lives in Neo Yokosaki City. One day he follows a mysterious ringing sound into the Restricted Zone, which had been quarantined after an incident ten years earlier. Inside, he comes upon an injured man crying out and groaning in pain. As Touya approaches, the man suddenly changes and attacks him. A wall explodes as the man lets loose a horrible roar, which seems to be synchronized with the ringing of the bell. Unable to comprehend the situation, Touya attempts to run away and escape. Just when he thinks all hope is lost, a young girl appears and repels the attacker. The Azure Maiden easily weilds a massive sword. Her name is Es. Seithr, Drive, D-Progressor Union, Ensis Librarius Imperium... Touya's peaceful life is turned upside down by a series of confusing, unbelievable events. The wheel of fate is turning.

Protagonist: Touya Kagari (CV: Yukitoshi Kikuchi)

A student at Hakuhou North Academy, Class 2B. He is inquisitive and good-natured and immediately tries to break up any fight he comes across. He lives rent-free with the Himezuru family and works part-time at a curry shop.

Es (CV: Mayuka Nomura)

A student at Hakuhou North Academy, Class 2B, and a member of the Ensis Librarius Imperium's Counter-Psychica Soldier Unit, Sleipnir. She can sense the Discover Call, a signal emitted by D-Progressors.

Hinata Himezuru (CV: Rei Mochizuki)

A student at Hakuhou North Academy, Class 2B, the second daughter of the Himezuru family, and Touya's classmate. She's calm and enjoys doing chores.

Kuon Glamred Stroheim (CV: Yui Kondou)

A privaleged young lady from a distinguished family. She attends the Magic School in the Magical City of Ishana.

Mei Amanohokosaka (CV: Inori Minase)

The only daughter and heir of the Amanohokosaka family, which has ties to the Ensis Librarius Imperium. She belongs to Class 1S.

TOi System

The title's key gameplay mechanic, which allows you to investigate and gather information from the game's setting. Depending on the information you obtain and how you use the TOi System, you can dramatically change the fates of the characters and access multiple endings. This is in contrast with the simple decision-based stories of most adventure games.

Notes:

Neo Yokosaki City: Literally "Shin Yokosaki-shi" or "New Yokosaki City."

Hakuhou North Academy: Literally "Hakuhou Kita Gakuen." Hakuhou means "White Phoenix."

D-Progressor Union: Literally "D Hasshōsha (Union)." I'm not sure if the intended pronunciation is "D-Union" or just "Union." A Progressor (Hasshōsha) is a term associated with HIV, which refers to someone who progresses from HIV to AIDS, apparantly; some people are non-progressors who can live with HIV without ever developing AIDS.

Ensis Librarius Imperium: Actually "Mitsurugi Kikan" -- literally "Mitsurugi Sector" -- though I chose to (roughly) translate the kanji of Mitsurugi ("imperial sword") into Latin to parallel the similarily named organizations from BlazBlue. Because Latin is fun and I think it has a nice ring to it. It may turn out that Mitsurugi is a character's name or the name of a family, so keep that in mind.

Counter-Psychica Soldier Unit: Psychica is a Latin term referring to those with supernatural or psychic powers, and is a pretty literal translation of "Nōryokusha", which means "psychic" or "person with supernatural power."

Speculation: Given the keywords, I believe that D-Progressor refers somehow to humans that become infected with seithr and develop supernatural powers, called "Drives," and that these are the "Psychica" which the Counter-Psychica Soldier Unit hunts down. Es (and perhaps Touya) have the ability to detect them through a signal they emit called the Discover Call. Again, this is all speculation.

Ensis Librarius Imperium: Actually "Mitsurugi Kikan" -- literally "Mitsurugi Sector" -- though I chose to (roughly) translate the kanji of Mitsurugi ("imperial sword") into Latin to parallel the similarily named organizations from BlazBlue. Because Latin is fun and I think it has a nice ring to it. It may turn out that Mitsurugi is a character's name or the name of a family, so keep that in mind.

Shouldn't that be Ensis Imperialis Imperium?

/first-year Latin student

ALso, generic harem with a generic protagonist -__- Ugh...

Honestly, I wouldn't think this story would be interesting at all if it didn't have some connection to BB. I hope most parts of Suzaku's speculation are true because this would basically be explaining how the game mechanics of BB work through the story. What with everyone having a Drive. I have to ask (I'm sure it's the nth time this has come up, sorry in advance!), who did the character designs? They look really tame for ASW. I thought that, being a visual novel, they could stand to make more elaborate designs given that the characters don't have to be animated.

Aside from the fact that everyone is in high school (not my cup of tea, but I'm trying to keep an open mind), the character descriptions don't seem like much to me. I'm more concerned about this even getting localized though. I also hope that this TOi system is fun. I don't really understand how it's supposed to work based on the description though. Hoping this is good though, I wanna play another VN as good as Zero Escape.

Soo how am I ment to say XBlaze, ExBlaze or CrossBlaze? Can't be never certain with japanese and they using X letters in their titles.

Soo how am I ment to say XBlaze, ExBlaze or CrossBlaze? Can't be never certain with japanese and they using X letters in their titles.

The kana reads ekusubureizu, so the pronunciation is ExBlaze.

I love how we STILL don't just how this is connected to BB.

Or if it even is connected to BB at all.

I love how we STILL don't just how this is connected to BB.

Or if it even is connected to BB at all.

I dunno, Suzaku's post pretty much confirms that it's set in the BB universe to me.

Well, yes, but they're being awfully vauge on HOW it's connected. Who are these people and how are they relevant to the plot?

Well, yes, but they're being awfully vauge on HOW it's connected. Who are these people and how are they relevant to the plot?

Well, I was really just replying to the part where you weren't sure if it was connected to BB at all. As for how they're connected, I'd imagine that they're important in some way or else there's no reason to know anything about them, right? lol. We'll find out when we play the game I guess.

Other than that, I speculate that this story might over up insights as to how the current BB universe got setup with the Takamagahara System, maybe also about how people developed their powers/drives. I think Takamagahara is gonna be described heavily and might be one of the key points of the story because the game apparently revolves around altering fates of those girls and that's what the Takamagahara System does right? Of course they could've meant "altering fates" through some other kind of action but that's why I said I was speculating.

Basically, all we can do is wait lol. At least Es looks cool.

Did Es get her name from German? That's the pronoun that denotes the neutral gender (which also includes young women).

As for how they're connected, I'd imagine that they're important in some way or else there's no reason to know anything about them, right? lol.

yes absolutely there is no reason at all ever for telling a different story in the same world

this is never done in storytelling ever

Did Es get her name from German? That's the pronoun that denotes the neutral gender (which also includes young women).

While it's obviously too soon to really say anything 100%, I'd think her name is either just based on "S" or the Cyrillic letter Es ©, since Es looks somewhat similar to and speaks like a Murakumo, which were named after Greek letters. But yeah, Iunno, could just be random shit that Mori thinks sounds cool.

Now that you mention it, the Cyrillic C can also stand for Синий, which means "Blue" in Russian.

I think I'm digging too deep here.

yes absolutely there is no reason at all ever for telling a different story in the same world

this is never done in storytelling ever

I get that you're being sarcastic but I don't get your point. Does different = unimportant to you? Sure, they could tell a story like that, but it's clear from the key words mentioned in the trailer that it includes elements that are well known to the series. If they were gonna do a slice of life story that didn't have any impact, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't just be about Noel et al in the academy days.

What Dioxide is trying to say that there's a possibility this happens within the same continuity of BlazBlue but has nothing to do at all with it. This would mean Arc is trying to develop a meta-verse where they want to use the same mythos (to make it easy for long time fans to follow along but doesn't prevent new fans from enjoying the experience). As XBLAZE is planned for a series (since the project name mentions "phase 1" and the subtitle suggests the beginning of life) it's not out of the question for Arc to want to make something that can stand on it's own yet be familiar with their most popular franchise at the moment.

It's like the Fabula Nova Crystallis project or Shin Megami Tensei series.

If they were gonna do a slice of life story that didn't have any impact, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't just be about Noel et al in the academy days.

They did, it's called Remix Heart lololol

Yeah, but what I meant is that even if it doesn't have a direct connection to BB, obviously the characters are going to be important in their own right, or else they wouldn't be in the story at all (specifically, the story of Xblaze). If it ended up being a spin-off series, that doesn't make it unimportant, just different. Thanks for clarifying SoBa. Dioxide, sorry for misunderstanding you; I couldn't understand what you were trying to say and I took your comment as an attempt to antagonize for no reason. I guess my language isn't as clear as I'd meant it to be, I'll make sure to elaborate before I post next time.

Re: Remix Heart; I actually felt like Remix Heart has some interesting tidbits of info about the Duodecim and how the academy works, despite being so fanservicey and slice-of-life lol.