Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Cheap-@$$ Fighting Game Thread

And by Cheap I don't mean broken. :kitty:

Actually it's been pissing me off of late, I can't logistically play many new fighting games because I can't find good deals to afford them. Many of the local stores sell stuff upwards of $60 or more, when really all I can afford is somewhere close to $20 or less. And, yeah sure, I can play the waiting game and wait for the price to drop, but some places like Walmart or Best-Buy don't even bother lowering their prices and they stagnate on the shelves.

So I come to consult the community I know best. Where do you guys buy your fighting games? Do you get good deals off stuff? Is it new/used? Do you recycle stuff (with iteration turnovers, I assume certain games become cheap fast if they're not the latest version)?

I especially find it a pain when I can't play a game that's been out for a while or that I'm the last one to learn how to play it and get trounced by the early-birds and regulars who bought it on day one.

And of course, if you have Pay-Pal, I don't mind buying certain stuff off you either if the price is low enough.

And while it's true I haven't specified what stuff I want (since only SFxT, SCV, KOFXIII, and Gundam Extreme are the only *new* top-budget FGs I want that are out right now, AH3 and Battle Fantasia are still expensive yet), I figure this thread might be useful down the road for anyone (not just me) to find some good deals on stuff or who may have fallen behind.

So please help a guy out? (Or anyone else who asks)

Thanks a lot. :)

There are a ton of PC budget fighters out there, and by budget I mean mostly free.

As far as the newest console stuff is concerned, most of it is just expensive. Gotta save up dat cash.

If you want something new, Skullgirls comes out in about a week at $15 on PSN.

I usually buy my FGs new, but I don't buy that many.

Title reminds me of a site called cheapassgamer though, where people post up what stores have sales on certain games and stuff...

Console

Personal Fav. for In-Store Ordering: Best Buy, Fry's Electronics

Personal Fav. for Online Ordering: Amazon, GameStop

PC

Personal Fav. for Everything: Torrents (FRAAAYYYYYYYY)

Unfortunately, my PC is crap for most games (slow as hell)...so I am forced to rely on consoles for speed. My internet browser is probably the fastest program I have...sigh.

Eternal fighter zero for pc (not dmeanidng at all)

Bloodyroar 2-psn

MK collection (Mk2 and UMK3 are rather good)

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

Bumping this to report I got a reasonable deal on Dragon's Crown on Amazon.

Feel free to post your hauls and deals here, as well as any older FGs you think would be cheap right about now.

Well, I bought BBCPEX with Dragon's Crown while I was at it, so whatever... it was a good deal and worth reporting, lol

And YES I did make this topic!