KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Yeah, that would be my question. Is it actually known, whether someone will restream it? Because usually it´s impossible to get seats, if you are not premium :vbang:

So this is a bit of an odd question about the neutral in this game, I've been running into situations where it feels like its impossible to approach with some character's swing normals around during any kind of air movement (so things like after a back air dash or after a double jump) and this wall sometimes gets created and usually gets well mixed in with not being able to approach from air to ground either. In situations like these I can't get my opponent to get scared an attempts to go air to air with them usually ends badly for me and my chances to go for air throws get stuffed cause I'm taking a normal to the face. -_-

I'm also having trouble throw teching in this game, my throw tech game used to be pretty spot on but I've been running into a lot of TRM from using the A+B+C OS and it kills me that I can't tech as well as I'd like nor can I really open people up with throws cause I'm getting throw teched super easy and not sure how to cause a TRM myself. I've heard before its possible to react to throw techs but my reaction time has kinda diminished these days sadly /:

has the next loketest been announced yet?

Nothing yet, (though I'll still be suprised people will still ask for this question more than often), so if anything from JP gaming news sites (like Famitsu or Dengeki) or the official (JP) BB portal site has anything about the next loketest (or anything BB:CP 2.0 for that matter), then you'll know.

So this is a bit of an odd question about the neutral in this game, I've been running into situations where it feels like its impossible to approach with some character's swing normals around during any kind of air movement (so things like after a back air dash or after a double jump) and this wall sometimes gets created and usually gets well mixed in with not being able to approach from air to ground either. In situations like these I can't get my opponent to get scared an attempts to go air to air with them usually ends badly for me and my chances to go for air throws get stuffed cause I'm taking a normal to the face. -_-

I'm also having trouble throw teching in this game, my throw tech game used to be pretty spot on but I've been running into a lot of TRM from using the A+B+C OS and it kills me that I can't tech as well as I'd like nor can I really open people up with throws cause I'm getting throw teched super easy and not sure how to cause a TRM myself. I've heard before its possible to react to throw techs but my reaction time has kinda diminished these days sadly /:

Honestly you dont really react to the throws themselves, but more to the throw situations. There are certain situations where a player is more likely to throw you. Recognising these situations and attempting a throw break is usually how i break most throws. Some common situations is usually if someone does a low jab, or a vacuum move like Jin 5B, or more generally reacting to someone dashing up to you. After a certain point they will be pushed too far out for a throw to be any real threat, so understanding throw threat levels at certain ranges is also important. However this is where you can blow up throw techs by using TRM tactics or moves that leave you airbourne such as Jin 6B.

I think the barrier/throw tech OS hasn't been as effective as it first was in CT, since they reduced the throw tech window you can get from that OS. You can still do 1B+C and if they continue their string with no gap then you'll just stay blocking low and if they pause and try to throw, you will throw in return. You can beat this by something like Jin 6B after the low jab, or by doing low jab, dash, low jab (cancel) throw as a TRM set up. If you do low jab, dash, low jab (wait) throw in order to get the green throw instead of purple, then you will miss the TRM window.

So I've got a pretty stupid question I've been wondering about.

Do all different types of cancels in BB cancel at exactly the same point in any given move? For example will there ever be any instances where 'Normal > RC > Special' works, but 'Normal > Special Cancel > Special' doesn't because a different but valid cancel was used?

I believe so, but I don't know for certain.

I think canceling just removes the recovery of whatever is being canceled, and in the case of anythin' but Rapid replaces it with the start-up of whatever it's being canceled into.

What I do know is that (6B>Jump cancel>tkj.236C) seems to be just as fast as (6B>Rapid>jump>tkj.236C)

Thanks for the response; that's what I figure based on system mechanics.

Visually to me it sometimes seems like RC comes out quicker than others, but that's probably just because the flash and stance change is more dramatic than any of the standard revolver actions or other cancels.

Just kinda wanted to verify before making any assumptions that might be fundamentally wrong.

Online question here. When I'm challenged by a purple name in ranked, it means they're on my bad player list.

What does a red name mean? That they're disliked as a bad player by lots of people? Low % of wins?

Also, I'm getting lots of disconnecting players wanting high win ratios lately. Makes mad

Is their even a reason to have a high ratio? Like an achievement or something?

Online question here. When I'm challenged by a purple name in ranked, it means they're on my bad player list.

What does a red name mean? That they're disliked as a bad player by lots of people? Low % of wins?

Also, I'm getting lots of disconnecting players wanting high win ratios lately. Makes mad

Is their even a reason to have a high ratio? Like an achievement or something?

Welcome to the salty universe of online fighting games

Another guy here to ask character select question.

I like turtling behind high-priority normals, annoying zoning shit, and strong tools for escaping/reversing pressure.  I enjoy footsies and blocking.  I hate practicing difficult combos and set plays, but I could put up with it if a character was otherwise perfect.

Anybody who would fit me well in BB?

I like turtling behind high-priority normals, annoying zoning shit, and strong tools for escaping/reversing pressure. I enjoy footsies and blocking. I hate practicing difficult combos and set plays, but I could put up with it if a character was otherwise perfect.

I like turtling behind high-priority normals, annoying zoning shit, and strong tools for escaping/reversing pressure.  I enjoy footsies and blocking.  I hate practicing difficult combos and set plays, but I could put up with it if a character was otherwise perfect.

Kokonoe, Hakumen and Mu. Litchi would probably be perfect, but she requires setplay and difficult combos.

I have been playing Haku-men casually since CT, but I don't really like some of his changes.  Litchi has interested me for a long time, but yeah she seems really hard.  I have always had her pinned as a "once I get better" character.

I'll look into Mu, and probably either go with her or stick to Haku-men.  Thanks for the advice.

Mu sounds like the best choice to me. She's the only one there with crazy normals, zoning AND a strong reversal, IMHO.

So how much is known about CP 2.0 right now. I keep hearing talk about damage nerfs overall from the news thread and that the jp version comes out in arcade this October. Any reliable patch changes I can read? Since that's mainly what I care about.

Which are the less laggy stages? 2 or 3, I don't need more.

Lessons, Colloseum Silent (I think) and Sealed Gate.

So how much is known about CP 2.0 right now. I keep hearing talk about damage nerfs overall from the news thread and that the jp version comes out in arcade this October. Any reliable patch changes I can read? Since that's mainly what I care about.

NOTHING. Seriously. NOTHING IS KNOWN. There was one loktest that gave useless info that has doubtless been changed by now.

NOTHING. Seriously. NOTHING IS KNOWN. There was one loktest that gave useless info that has doubtless been changed by now.

Good, so just more meaningless speculation. I was kinda scared that all the loketest changes stuck.

Good, so just more meaningless speculation. I was kinda scared that all the loketest changes stuck.

See, you're doing it wrong.  "We don't know" means that all the loktest changes COULD have stuck... but WE DON'T KNOW. 

So ANY attempt to reach a conclusion, whether that conclusion is "All the loktest changes stuck" or "some of the loktest changes stuck" or "none of the loktest changes stuck" is... premature.  Because we don't know.

Just...stop thinking about it for two weeks and let the actual release of the game answer your questions.  It's not like knowing would do you any good.  I personally suggest just expecting the worst so you can be pleasantly surprised.

But remember: We don't know what will be changing.

Question about frame data. Say a move has 3 actives and 17 recovery. If it hits on the first active, are the 2 active frames after added to the recovery making it 19? or has it already be accounted for and hitting on the last active will make the recovery 15? Can someone explain?

I believe that the recovery frames listed are the number of frames between the last active frame and before you get control of the character back, so the remaining active frames are not accounted for in this. You'll always have at least the 17 frames recovery when calculating frame advantage: if you hit on the first active frame, then the total recovery will be 17 + 2. If you hit on the last active frame, the total recovery is 17.

However, the static difference / frame advantage columns do factor this in and are calculated off the first active frame hitting.