KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Sorry for repeating a question so soon after initially I asked it, but does anyone know whats happening with Noel's old costume in 2.0? Is it in the game already or does it need to be downloaded like in Vannila CP? 

Either way, I'm fine, as long as its still available to use. I like her old costume and I'd rather not lose it because of a update. 

Sorry for repeating a question so soon after initially I asked it, but does anyone know whats happening with Noel's old costume in 2.0? Is it in the game already or does it need to be downloaded like in Vannila CP? 

Either way, I'm fine, as long as its still available to use. I like her old costume and I'd rather not lose it because of a update. 

No one knows, because fiddly little features like that are basically only going to be found out after the game comes out.

We're not allowed to talk about Tsubaki in this thread, but I don't think she's meaningfully better. Her damage went up, but so did most of the cast, and her damage add with charge went WAY DOWN. More importantly, she didn't really gain anything in terms of neutral/pressure/mixup/non-crappy normals which are the areas where she has always suffered, and she actually LOST some stuff like j.236A corner oki. Rearranging her combo routes is not what she needs. Still low tier. Nothing has really changed.

OTOH, giving Izayoi a DP is huge and makes her pretty darn dangerous because now you can't necessary just pin her down in the corner and keep her from doing her thing.

No idea about the Makoto changes.

Not really what she needed either, but I'll roll with it just the same

Not really what she needed either, but I'll roll with it just the same

Really? It seems like as long as she has a chance of getting momentum, her pressure/damage/mixup are strong enough that she can generally play with the big boys - the problems happened when someone beat her at neutral once and put her in the corner, unable to play for the entire round. What do more professional people think she needs?

Really? It seems like as long as she has a chance of getting momentum, her pressure/damage/mixup are strong enough that she can generally play with the big boys - the problems happened when someone beat her at neutral once and put her in the corner, unable to play for the entire round. What do more professional people think she needs?

I'd take improved normals over a DP that isn't necessary when we have Phorizer, one of the best reversals in the game anyway.  I'd take more jump cancelled normals (and a less ass 5B) over a DP any day.

I think any character could always need a DP if they didn't have one already. 

While that may be true, Izayoi already has awesome offensive potential once she gets going.  Giving her a good DP would be overkill IMO.  

I'd take improved normals over a DP that isn't necessary when we have Phorizer, one of the best reversals in the game anyway.  I'd take more jump cancelled normals (and a less ass 5B) over a DP any day.

I'm sorry, you're playing a Tsubaki derivative, that means your normals are contractually obligated to be bad. (Actually, I don't think Izayoi's normals ARE that bad, though some of them do seem to be awkward.) I'd actually be kinda concerned if Izayoi got a lot of jump cancelable normals, since her mixup, which is very strong, depends heavily on being able to jump(well, airdash) into the opponent's face.

I'm sorry, you're playing a Tsubaki derivative, that means your normals are contractually obligated to be bad. (Actually, I don't think Izayoi's normals ARE that bad, though some of them do seem to be awkward.) I'd actually be kinda concerned if Izayoi got a lot of jump cancelable normals, since her mixup, which is very strong, depends heavily on being able to jump(well, airdash) into the opponent's face.

True, but mixup is part of her core gameplan after all.  Maybe having suspect normals isn't a bad thing, it does kind of even her out.  We still don't need the DP though....

True, but mixup is part of her core gameplan after all.  Maybe having suspect normals isn't a bad thing, it does kind of even her out.  We still don't need the DP though....

Well, clearly you needed SOMETHING based on the general tier placement for Izayoi in CP1.1?  DP seems like an obvious way to address a problem the character did seem to have.    Frankly, I think it's nice to see them looking at character and going "Well, this character isn't doing as well as we'd hoped; It seems like she needs a tool to address problem X." and then giving her that tool, as opposed to just "We don't really know WTF to do with character Z, so we're just gonna spin the Wheel of Fish again and make some random changes that don't address anything."

While that may be true, Izayoi already has awesome offensive potential once she gets going.  Giving her a good DP would be overkill IMO.  

I'd just like flat out new ones.  Her current ones tend to be awkward and dainty, which is odd given both her theme and play style.  She has a spear, why can't she use it?

Well, clearly you needed SOMETHING based on the general tier placement for Izayoi in CP1.1?  DP seems like an obvious way to address a problem the character did seem to have.    Frankly, I think it's nice to see them looking at character and going "Well, this character isn't doing as well as we'd hoped; It seems like she needs a tool to address problem X." and then giving her that tool, as opposed to just "We don't really know WTF to do with character Z, so we're just gonna spin the Wheel of Fish again and make some random changes that don't address anything."

She had way more than just problem X.  I think there are a lot of letters missing from that explanation LOL  

We'll see if she's any better but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like it did very much, as she still has that same old problem of building stocks in difficult matchups (Tao, Arakune, Vallk, etc) and subpar normals, but there's still hope left as the game is still new(ish, with the update I guess).

I'd just like flat out new ones.  Her current ones tend to be awkward and dainty, which is odd given both her theme and play style.  She has a spear, why can't she use it?

You're preaching to the choir friend.  Why Litchi and Plat have their 6B and 5B while we get 2 1/2B I'll never understand.....

Hey, at least they fixed ONE letter for your character. :P  That's why I said it was encouraging.

And what's so awesome about Plat's 5B compared to Izayoi's? The range is comparable, Plat's starts up slower and has one more active frame.  If you're seriously complaining because yours is more negative on block, uh... don't stop on that normal? It's not like Plat every does 5B > Nothing either.  As a rule, characters with actual range on 5B don't get to do that. Except Jin. :P

Hey, at least they fixed ONE letter for your character. :P  That's why I said it was encouraging.

And what's so awesome about Plat's 5B compared to Izayoi's? The range is comparable, Plat's starts up slower and has one more active frame.  If you're seriously complaining because yours is more negative on block, uh... don't stop on that normal? It's not like Plat every does 5B > Nothing either.  As a rule, characters with actual range on 5B don't get to do that. Except Jin. :P

That is true...things could be a lot worse, so I'm not really complaing.  I just mentioned those particular normals because they have range and they're not completely ass.  Plat may not have been the best example, but when you compare the characters' hitboxes to the moves, there is a difference.  The general idea is that if you're carrying around that big ass spear, you should have a little more reach than that.  

And it's still a barely decent one at that.

I recently played CP at a friend's place.  He isn't currently connected to PSN and wasn't sure whether he was playing on 1.0 or 1.1.  I was able to confirm by selecting Azrael and checking the input on Sentinel Dump, it struck me as dumb that there wasn't an easier way to check which version the game was running.  ...Is there?  I've never seen a version number listed on any option screens or anything, but maybe I missed something.

I recently played CP at a friend's place.  He isn't currently connected to PSN and wasn't sure whether he was playing on 1.0 or 1.1.  I was able to confirm by selecting Azrael and checking the input on Sentinel Dump, it struck me as dumb that there wasn't an easier way to check which version the game was running.  ...Is there?  I've never seen a version number listed on any option screens or anything, but maybe I missed something.

That's a damn good question, I'll have to look into that, although I'm pretty sure someone will beat me to the answer.....

This is a longstanding problem, actually. I remember using "does Tsubaki's 5D stop charging on its own" as a way of detecting CS2 vs CS1. x.x

This is a longstanding problem, actually. I remember using "does Tsubaki's 5D stop charging on its own" as a way of detecting CS2 vs CS1. x.x

Console versions of CS were at least easier to figure out because of the character select screen (also they had the version change option in the game settings menu).  From what I'm seeing with CP, there's no clear indicator which version of the game you're playing anywhere, which is fantastically stupid.

if you want a clear indicator of which version of CP you're playing atm just choose noel and just do 214A with her and look at the damage in training mode. if it does 1500 you're in CP vanilla if it does 1600 instead then you're in CP 1.1.

Also iirc.. I might be wrong but i believe if you look at the life bars in 1.1 they will have a tattoo crest markings of their respective character you're using towards the ends of each life bar near the time clock above. Back in vanilla they didn't they just had clear bars from top to bottom (sideways)

you're welcome.

Has anyone seen Lambda's astral in CP2? I'm going on a limb to guess she's getting a new one, but I can't be sure until I see it. I'd be disappointed if she still has the same astral as Nu

if you want a clear indicator of which version of CP you're playing atm just choose noel and just do 214A with her and look at the damage in training mode. if it does 1500 you're in CP vanilla if it does 1600 instead then you're in CP 1.1.

Also iirc.. I might be wrong but i believe if you look at the life bars in 1.1 they will have a tattoo crest markings of their respective character you're using towards the ends of each life bar near the time clock above. Back in vanilla they didn't they just had clear bars from top to bottom (sideways)

you're welcome.

The health bars in CP actually had the character crest overlays as well, they just weren't as dark as in 1.1.  I assume the change was made to provide an immediate visual cue as to which version of the game you were playing, but it doesn't work as effectively as it should.  And while I appreciate the Noel damage tip, checking the Sentinel Dump input is quicker and easier for me.

I guess I'm just used to my bygone days of PC gaming where patches were common and version numbers were always clearly displayed somewhere.  It's not a big deal, just kind of an oddity.

What would be nice was if it was displayed at the title screen

There you go with asking for "Western style game features" again. :P Like, y'know, light-touch balancing and not removing useful features from earlier games. This is Japan, buddy, they don't want any of your "modern design techniques".

There you go with asking for "Western style game features" again. :P Like, y'know, light-touch balancing and not removing useful features from earlier games. This is Japan, buddy, they don't want any of your "modern design techniques".

Silly me.   Damn common sense is really killing my international ties with Japanese developers.