Sign in to follow this  
Star-Demon

[GGAC+R] & [GGAC] Baiken - General Discussion

got to play +R on vita for a bit today, sadly i'm terrible with the vita d-pad so i couldn't really work out any combo stuff

cancelling suzuran into guard cancels whenever you want feels amazing... the ouren frc is such a funny little gimmick as well

"- j.P - start-up 7F -> 5F, active 4F -> 8F, recovery 9F -> 10F"

this was so great

It's really hard doing some things on the new pad but for some reason I find I have a really hard time from the right side doing 4217 and 214754. From left side 4(1)236. I think this is why I might sometimes be hit low - Why can't I hit 1? It's a physical thing, since it happens on both old and new pads.

So - I learned that I actually can't move around on the right side of the screen. I'm not joking. I spent about a half hour trying and looked like your mom trying to play. I didn't IAD or Kire Tatami once. I can't hit 3, 9 or 6 from the right side. It was easier on my worn-out pad but the pads I use for visits are usually stiff.

I did, however, learn something interesting about TK Youzansen, and I'll share it b/c I certainly have nothing else to contribute:

It's a two-step motion, not four. You hold forward and then nearly half circle - 2369 - you hold at 9 and hit the button.

Edited by Star-Demon

What are the rules about the second airdash afer j.D corner? It's very very late - what starters/heights/weights make it work?

Starting to Learn Slashback.

I'm not comboing right, though. Maybe because I was tired tonight and not really focused. Something with S or H isn't right.

It's 1:30 AM - I really need sleep.

Everything I knew was garbage after 20 minutes and I couldn't stop making the same mistakes:

I don't know what to say - I'm sorry I just don't learn :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzWWIb2m3a8

When I look at this, it's like I listen to what I'm saying in response to why I get hit, and I know what I was thinking, and when I am playing AND when I'm watching the video it's like I'm still just watching myself continually pick rock to paper every goddamn time.

It's like yelling at someone in a horror movie to not go into the woods alone. Why am I still doing this and why can't I stop myself?

People tell me the match vs Baiken in America is pretty free - I should at least be a decent netplay bully.

This is a pretty shameful embarrassment to me, but I'm posting it to remember and look at. Maybe someday I will finally learn how to properly play instead of all this gimmicky garbage that I rely on that even a new player can see right through.

I suppose it wasn't a waste of time - I learned a few things about ABAs moves versus mine, but it doesn't matter if I still haven't mastered anything I should have learned by now to play the matchup properly. I don't know how I can expect to play a matchup properly when I don't even have basics down in netplay.

I suppose I'll just go back to doing what I was doing before - setting shit to different things and pushing buttons until I can actually play the game.

I'm a sad man right now, though. but I'll just go back and just keep trying to learn.

Edited by Star-Demon

You don't have to apologize to us! It seems you have a good idea of what will or won't work. Just need better habits. You gotta more conscious and in control! Otherwise you'll slip up again. It's a two player game- if you already know your answers, just gotta apply them

She got a lot of changes, true. But that doesn't have much to do with whether she's good or not. She still has good tools, her damage output went up, particularly in the corner, her command run is actually useful now, and her biggest nerf is that she lost her free knockdowns. All in all, I think she looks very solid in AC. Definitely not top, but definitely not bottom either.

AUGUST IS UPON USSSSS!

ARE YOU READY FOR S-TIER BAIKENNNNNN!?

I'm gonna have to do a lot of training - all these combos and confirms in my head and memory are going to have to change. This is the part I was worried about. :O

Time for flash cards and videos and training mode

We are about to see if I have any skill - to make it through a version transition.

Next week I'll be streaming a lot.

So we're arguing on twitter and I don't know how to Guard cancel properly.

So tell me, since it's been like 2 or 3 years and I can't figure it out and I need to know to play now.

I read the frame daters.

Edited by Star-Demon

have you tried dash breaking with guard cancel / FD option select? there is some info about that in the guide and it might open help you out.

On approach or completely on D? Argument...ah fuck it, it's not worth discussing anymore.

I'll just have to smart-mash 412 so I always hit 2 on last frame of blockstun, if I can't I'm just not able to play the character.

You should try a completely different approach. Try to play without using her guard cancels AT ALL unless you are 110% sure you know exactly what is happening to you (Potemkin 6HS->Slide Head). You will find yourself noticing your opponents setups more because you will be less focused on trying to guard cancel correctly.

Not criticizing or arguing anything at all, just friendly advice that has worked for me in the past.

You should try a completely different approach. Try to play without using her guard cancels AT ALL unless you are 110% sure you know exactly what is happening to you (Potemkin 6HS->Slide Head). You will find yourself noticing your opponents setups more because you will be less focused on trying to guard cancel correctly.

Not criticizing or arguing anything at all, just friendly advice that has worked for me in the past.

If you remember, that was the plan around last year, actually. If I have to go back and do that again, I guess that's the plan again.

Everyone is very good at autopiloting a lot of pressure and offense, so it means I really have no answers to what they do other than never allow them to make me block to being with. At least for a while.

Sign in to follow this