Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The New England Thread: Bears Warbling Outside My Igloo: A Polarizing Dilemma

I figured SRK would be really into Skullgirls:?:

At the expense of a decent score on my Japanese test this morning I have devised a Valentine BnB that deals just over 5100 damage (basically a tweaked version of At The Gates midscreen combo).

2.lk, 2.mk (2 hits), 2.hp, JUMP, j.mk (1 hit), j.hp, ADC, j.mp (3 hits), j.hk (2 hits), LAND then JUMP, j.lp, j.mp (2 hits), j.hk (2 hits), Land, Dash (not needed if close enough), 5.lp, 5.mp (3 hits/ not sure how many is best yet), JUMP, j.lk (1 hit), j.mp (1 hit), j.mk (2 hits), j.hk (2 hits), 236hk (very tight timing), 236KK.

You get about the same amount of damage ending in j.hp, 236hk, 236KK.

It's easier to connect 236hk after j.hp

It's also easier to connect 236mk after a j.hk, this does less damage than either j.hk or j.hp into 236hk though.

I need to test the damage for this combo with a 1 hit 2.mk. . . 2.hp whiffs after a 2-hit 2.mk unless you're really close, and if 1-hit 2.mk does more damage there's no reason to use the full attack.

edit: yeah 1-hit 2.mk leads to slightly more damage. 5153 ending in j.h, 236hk, 236kk. Can't seem to connect j.hk, 236hk today. . . maybe that connection is to hard to be of use in a match.

Also Fraga, the guy in the Valentines thread was wrong. It looks like in moves in combos starting from throw take fewer reps of the same move to activate the burst mechanic. You can do this whole BnB off of throw for 5300 damage

It's not a part of the main game lineup (SFxT is so I dunno what that's worth) but you can be sure there's going to be a baller ass side tourney.

I can agree with this.

Cheese, try to remember to call me a bit before casuals or something next time (if you could) if you don't hear from me. My sense of time is screwed up due to an inconsistent sleep schedule for various reasons. I... thought it was Thursday last Saturday, for example.

That's awesome, I gotta give that a try. SRK is pretty into it, but they're extremely disorganized.

Check out the last two pages of the Valentine thread. pulsr and Reioumu put up two versions of a huge combo that does 7465/7425 damage respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbdJ_WGL1xM :

Reioumu's is supposed to work against all characters anywhere on the stage, but I've yet to try it out myself.

I'll be more hype for Skullgirls than any Capcom game. >_>

Damn straight:BA:

I... thought it was Thursday last Saturday, for example.

Dude I'm the same way. I generally have no idea what day it is, if knowing so is not required for school/work.

Tales, you up for a bit of SKullgirls Casuals tonight? I'm free from around 8 to 10pm.

I'd love to, but I have to go make sandwiches and get yelled at by people for a few hours.

Tales, you up for a bit of SKullgirls Casuals tonight? I'm free from around 8 to 10pm.

You're like, twenty minutes away from me I think. Wanna come over?

Also, would anybody be up for playing Gundam EXVS again at casuals? I seriously want to get into the game more 'cause it's fun and stuff, and of course 'cause of mecha.

I can agree with this.

Cheese, try to remember to call me a bit before casuals or something next time (if you could) if you don't hear from me. My sense of time is screwed up due to an inconsistent sleep schedule for various reasons. I... thought it was Thursday last Saturday, for example.

I posted on here more than half a week beforehand asking if you needed a ride. I'd consider that fair notice. :v:

Also I don't want to end up having your family answering the phone, leaving me stumbling around words trying to tell them I'm calling you without even knowing your actual name (I suck at names for some reason >___> ).

Also really late shoutouts for Sat:

Shoutouts to Why for hosting. New place is pretty cool.

Shoutouts to pretty much everybody for the matches in Skullgirls. Game is shaping up to be pretty fun.

Shoutouts to Mindgame and LPT for GG.

Also, not that I'm asking everyone to conform to my schedule, but if we can keep it on every other Saturday going from this past casuals it'd be better for me. I have every other Friday off of work, (tomorrow is work, next Friday is not) so it'd make it easier for me to recover from the not-entirely-infrequent rough weeks and still get to casuals. Just a thought.

I posted on here more than half a week beforehand asking if you needed a ride. I'd consider that fair notice. :v:

Also I don't want to end up having your family answering the phone, leaving me stumbling around words trying to tell them I'm calling you without even knowing your actual name (I suck at names for some reason >___> ).

:I I told you my name was Andrew about three or four times. This isn't counting the times I've introduced myself to Tales and Vyers in the car. Working on that cellphone thing, anyway.

...That aside, while I try to keep up with the thread sometimes posts go without notice due to how slowly it moves sometimes. Also, for some reason DL doesn't always tell me if there are new posts either (thread name isn't bold and etc even though there were 3 new posts within a few days or something).

You're like, twenty minutes away from me I think. Wanna come over?

Also, would anybody be up for playing Gundam EXVS again at casuals? I seriously want to get into the game more 'cause it's fun and stuff, and of course 'cause of mecha.

Sorry, didn't see your post till just now. I don't feel up for getting out and about again tonight, but another day we should do this.

Never played Gundam, but I'd like to try it.

Many people have some sort of memory problem: Cheese has trouble with names, Fraga has trouble with genders, Vyers has trouble with everything:v: . . . :vbang:

Sorry, didn't see your post till just now. I don't feel up for getting out and about again tonight, but another day we should do this.

Never played Gundam, but I'd like to try it.

Fraga has trouble with genders

Any time is fine with me. I don't currently have a filled schedule (I'm working on changing that soon), so if you ever want to do anything I should be free for the next few more weeks.

Also, EXVS isn't hard to get into, but it can be kind of awkward for new players. Especially if you haven't played any of the older titles or a Virtual On game.

Genders? How? :( Is that possible?

I'm so glad I don't have to buy a PS2 anymore for GGAC! :)

And just in time! Hope the game for XBL is not just japanese exclusive. :\

Also, EXVS isn't hard to get into, but it can be kind of awkward for new players. Especially if you haven't played any of the older titles or a Virtual On game.

It plays like Virtual On!? I fucking love VOOT! It's my favorite Dreamcast game!

Genders? How? :( Is that possible?

He said that the composer of Skullgirls is the same Guy that did the music for Symphony of the Night

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiru_Yamane

Apologizing in advance for the next time we meet.

Do you also have memory problems? As the man with the poorest memory in NE GG scene, I have a very high tolerance for other peoples forgetfulness.

I'm so glad I don't have to buy a PS2 anymore for GGAC! :)

And just in time! Hope the game for XBL is not just japanese exclusive. :\

I doubt it will be Japan exclusive.

I just hope the netcode is good.

It plays like Virtual On!? I fucking love VOOT! It's my favorite Dreamcast game!

Like Virtual On, but smoother? I don't know how to explain it well. You would just have to play it.

Edit: The difference when it comes to lock-on is that you're always locked onto someone (for better or worse), but you still have control of where you're moving and facing. EXVS is team-based, as well. 1v1 fights are just for shenanigans. :toot:

Aim is still similar for hitting the other player, though. Try to catch landings and dashes going in bad directions. Dashing away from the opponent/backdashing is also useful in EXVS, where it just gets you hit in Virtual On.

Also, I love VOOT as well! :'D You're the first person I've met that shares my appreciation for the game...

Hmm team based. Sounds different.

I liked the original Virtual On, Loved VOOT, wasn't a fan of Marz.

The time I played VOOT was a few years before I got into tournament play, so I never played that at a competitive level.

I played Fei-yen kn (her speedy playstyle was fun), and Bal-Bados. (Had an insane repertorie of secret moves: satelite laser, blackhole, fireworks, laser pyramid trap. . . I liked his ability to set a mine cannon or laser pod anywhere on the stage, and attack opponents from multiple directions at once.)

Yo, if anybody is going to that thing tomorrow, or really if anybody is doing anything fighter related and roughly passes by my place, I would like a ride anywhere. I wanna play Skullgirls with people, damn it.

So I learned something interesting in skull girls: with normal move gatlings, if you use an attack, and then press a direction + button for another attack, if the 2nd attack doesn't gatling from the 1st nothing comes out. However, if the attack designated to the direction of the 1st attack + the button of the 2nd attack does gatling from the 1st attack, this 3rd attack will come out instead.

This lets you do things like Parasoul: . . . 5h, [2] (hold down) h, ]2[ (release down) 8hk

to get: . . . 5h(1), 5h(2), hk napalm pillar.

Basically, because of this mechanic, you can start charging immediately after the first 6h which gives enough time (or if it's possible to fully charge Napalm pillar during 5h(2), a wider window of opportunity) to special cancel the second 6h with napalm pillar.

edit: also I've already mentioned this elsewhere, but I won't be going anywhere tomorrow, because I have family visiting.

edit edit: Okay so 5h,5h, hk napalm pillar won't connect otg; I was wrong about using it after 5hk wallbounce. However, this gatling property should be applicable to something useful.