Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

In an attempt to bring more activity here, I bring you the latest tier list. It was posted from the Arcadia magazine article and is as follows:

S Tier: Aigis, Mitsuru

A Tier: Teddie, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie

B Tier: Shadow Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

I also do not believe that the characters are placed in a particular order.

Before you go and click the post reply button saying 'WHY IS XXX LOWER THAN XXX?!!', there are some rules you need to consider. This thread is strictly for the discussion / debate and analysis of the tier list, and that only. Any other posts will not be tolerated. In addtion, any complaints, whining, bitching, flaming etc of the sort will not be tolerated and you'll earn yourself an infraction and / or I will delete your posts. If your action(s) prove to be worse, I will not hesistate to issue a ban.

Also:

A JP BBS posting with no name, no reference, no backup, no context should be taken as such.

For all you know, *I* could have made that post just to troll you guys, so be very aware of what you're discussing.

Backdash Tierlist from this:

S Tier : Yosuke

A Tier : Elizabeth, Labrys, Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Akihiko, Mitsuru, Aigis, Shadow Labrys

B Tier : Yukiko

C Tier : Kanji

D Tier : Chie

Try and be careful with any information you may contribute.

Ok, you may proceed, but you have been warned. I know how tier list discussions end up and if I can't take your stupidity I will lock this thread. I trust you guys,

somewhat.

I assume S. Labrys also is B tier? that suits me just fine --- is Chie the girl with the mullet?

It begins....

I assume S. Labrys also is B tier? that suits me just fine --- is Chie the girl with the mullet?

Shadow Labrys came AFTER this tier list was made so it's quite obvious she's not going to be included within this tier list. There is no way of telling. Chie info here.

Wait, wasnt Kanji A tier and Mitsuru S along chie?

EDIT: What? Yosuke A tier? I thought he was bottom. What makes him so strong?

Well if that was the case, it's changed now. I don't know.

There are no explanations as to why the characters are where they are. Look at Yosuke from all angles, mixup, damage, pressure, mobility, how he can handle himself against MUs, etc.

I haven't been following the game a lot these past couple weeks, so maybe things have changed dramatically, but Mitsuru actually dropped down to A tier? And all those characters are now at B tier? That doesn't seem right.

Although it seems like they're using a more limited tier list than usual (no + tiers), so that could be part of it.

None of this information should really come as a surprise to anyone. Chie/Mitsuru were identified as the strongest from the very beginning, and the only difference is that Chie is now considered (slightly) stronger than Mitsuru. Yu was also identified early as a top character, and Yosuke has always been a character people felt could move up.

There would probably need to be major discoveries made in order for the top to change, the only thing I can see changing in the near future is the arrangement of B tier, and if anyone else from B tier can jump to A. Of course, this could all become irrelevant with the May update if it does in fact alter balance.

Well Mitsuru was pretty unanimously considered the best character in the game for quite awhile, I'm curious what has changed to drop her down, since I haven't heard anything.

Remember, horizontally there is no specific order. Mitsure is probably just under Chie, but about as strong as Yu and Yosuke.

Yosuke is up because while he doesn't have high damage output a lot of the times, he far outmaneuvers most of the cast. His pressure is pretty solid, he's got some very scary corner combos into confuse, and he can control a lot of space. Plus, due to teleport, it can be very hard for anyone to AA him, and it can be fairly easy for him to get in somewhat safely.

Im a lil surprised all I'v been hearing is Mitsuru is too good. (along with Chie)

I didnt think Yu was better than average, I thought he seems balanced or slighty worse than average.

But yosuke has always seemed really powerful too me... he gets nearly 5k meterless.

Surprisingly Liz is rated B... Is it actually stated there is no horizontal order here?

Because it seemed of common opinion that Chie was the best and Yukiko the worst... and thats exactly what that THIS tier list says.

I don't see what the point of a tier list discussion is for a game we don't even have, and that might not be the same when we do...

Surprisingly Liz is rated B... Is it actually stated there is no horizontal order here?

Because it seemed of common opinion that Chie was the best and Yukiko the worst... and thats exactly what that THIS tier list says.

I see nothing there that specifies any horizontal order, so I'm not particularly sure. Could be, could be not, and actually if you want the very specific order just in case, it's actually Yukiko - Elizabeth - Labrys. So in case it is in horizontal order, Labrys is 'the worst'.

I don't see what the point of a tier list discussion is for a game we don't even have, and that might not be the same when we do...

Might not? Of course it's subject to change when the game comes out. First off Shadow Labrys is not even on the list and secondly the game has only been out for a month! The point of this thread is simply discuss the list SO FAR.

Think of the list as a reason to share new tech discovered with everyone to justify the tier placings. I.E. 'Yuu is A instead of B because of his good mixup, as seen here: '. That kind of stuff.

Been playing P4 a lot lately, this tier list sure looks accurate, at least in regard to the number of players.

Chie is by far the most picked character, closely followed by Mitsuru and Yu.

What is funny is that they're both quite well counter-picked by Kanji (which I play), since his B+D is so friggin strong against rushdown.

On the other hand it's funny to see zoning characters that low. Yukiko has all the tools to zone people out well once she gets a good read of the opponent, and her B+D, while not as good as Kanji's, still works somehow.

since you actually play the game, do you happen to know why yukiko is considered "the worst"?

Yukiko the worst? thats suprising seeing as she has been handled so expertly by some people

I have absolutely no idea since I get destroyed by most Yukiko players but fare decently against Chie and Mitsuru :p

But I can see how heavy rushdown characters are a pain to her, like Lambda 11 in BB, she has good keep away but no real «panic option». I have no idea how you're supposed to keep Yosuke at bay...

Even though I can agree with most of the list, I imagine the fact Elizabeth and Labrys are so low is because they were released just a month ago iirc (for liz anyways). I feel elizabeth can run a train on you "if she gets started" (like ABA), its gonna be fun to see how she evolves from here because from what ive seen in videos, she looks pretty strong if you can pull her setups.

this list makes a lot of sense. If Kanji doesn't have any bad matchups he might be a better metagame pick than his tier indicates though.

On Mitsuru vs Chie.

Mitsuru is a much simpler character who hasn't evolved a whole lot, while Chie had a lot more room to grow. The game looks reasonably balanced IMO, and I've seen some anti-chie tech in videos recently to blow up parry.

It's the catalyst for discussion...and to help us keep our sanity before we can get our hands on it.

I have absolutely no idea since I get destroyed by most Yukiko players but fare decently against Chie and Mitsuru :p

That probably has to do more with the matchup. Kanji vs. Yukiko is heavily in Yukiko's favor :psyduck:

I have seen other Tier list where Chie is top but I haven't seen much of her in action except for Mitsuru and Aegis. Am I missing something?

Ah so that's the new list eh?

Ok, updated. Thanks.