Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

wow, Akihiko is now A tier. Even so, ive seen some crazy stuff with the "low tiers" in this game, like Yukiko, so regarding balance this game seems pretty good.

i like how the tier lists keep evolving >:3, i also like that the game seems to be very well balanced so far despite some little bs here and there, though seeing my girl yukiko always on the "lowest" tier sadness me

i like how the tier lists keep evolving >:3, i also like that the game seems to be very well balanced so far despite some little bs here and there, though seeing my girl yukiko always on the "lowest" tier sadness me

Yeah, poor yukiko, but you know, ive seen some really insane stuff from her, and once you hit the corner vs Yukiko you better prepare yourself to be blocking a LOT.

Is there anything like a match-up list yet?

I am wondering why Teddie is A - Some one mind telling me the reason he is good?

The players I've seen always lose with him.

Wow, everything got shuffled around with the newest tier list. Definitely did not expect Teddie at A tier, and weren't some people saying Elizabeth was S at some point?

I should probably follow this game more lol

I haven't been following the game at all lately, but anyone care to explain how the hell Akihiko managed to make it up to A tier? Did people finally discover some useful tech with him? Not that I'm complaining, just surprised.

uhm Im no Akihiko expert, but his comeback factor is very strong, basically 1 mistake vs him with meter and he can get a 70%-ish combo and be back in the game

if it were his comeback ability, then liz would be A tier too. she can ( and has ) do the same thing as akihiko. i think it's his 2a that does it. it's really fast, one of the best in the game. he also don't need his persona as much as other characters. so i'm not surprised he's A.

If it was just that he would have been considered A tier earlier. Up until now he's been pretty unanimously placed in the bottom tier, only barely beating out Yukiko. Something notable must have changed to bump him up.

So the tier lists seem to be updated pretty quickly. It's here.

S : Mitsuru

A : Chie, Aigis, Yosuke, Yu

B : Akihiko, Elizabeth, Teddie

C : Naoto, Kanji, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Yukiko

Yes, a C tier is included now. I'm going to keep the old tier list so comparisons can be made and such.

and still no matchup chart, and my girl yukiko at the bottom :(

If it was just that he would have been considered A tier earlier. Up until now he's been pretty unanimously placed in the bottom tier, only barely beating out Yukiko. Something notable must have changed to bump him up.

better bnbs, better punish combos

I'm just gonna chime in like I always do:

A JP BBS posting with no name, no reference, no backup, no context should be taken as such.

For all you know, *I* could have made that post just to troll you guys, so be very aware of what you're discussing.

Edit: Also, there's no separation between tiers usually, so if your character is at the end of the list, it doesn't mean shit unless otherwise denoted.

So, it would be better for me to keep the previous tier list seeing as how that was from Arcadia.

Better make some corrections. Thanks.

Far from my intention to allow fellow members to be discussing something which is not completely credible so I'll just leave it the way it previously was. With that in mind please do not continue the discussion with the tier list I provided.

Haha, just be careful is all I'm saying.

Maybe I will start posting there just to help illustrate my point. :V

I'm just gonna chime in like I always do:

A JP BBS posting with no name, no reference, no backup, no context should be taken as such.

For all you know, *I* could have made that post just to troll you guys, so be very aware of what you're discussing.

Edit: Also, there's no separation between tiers usually, so if your character is at the end of the list, it doesn't mean shit unless otherwise denoted.

i know, i was just expressing my profound sadness :keke:

So, it would be better for me to keep the previous tier list seeing as how that was from Arcadia.

Better make some corrections. Thanks.

Far from my intention to allow fellow members to be discussing something which is not completely credible so I'll just leave it the way it previously was. With that in mind please do not continue the discussion with the tier list I provided.

The Arcadia tier list is by Joker and it's entirely speculation based on the list of known patch changes. Also Joker apparently plays against the only good Aegis player in the country, and Aegis got buffed in the patch, so that should clue you in to why she's listed as top.

Kanji also got his DP nerfed so that along with terrible matchups is probably why he's listed as bottom.

Kanji also got his DP nerfed so that along with terrible matchups is probably why he's listed as bottom.

*tear*

I already miss the days of people crying out for OP Kanji nerfs.

To be fair, they buffed a LOT of his other stuff to help make up for it. j.A, 5B, 236C/D, ground normal throw, 236236A/B all buffed.

The reality of the situation is probably that it is just grappler syndrome as usual. He may actually be overall BETTER after the patch changes, if having less brainless defense (very good thing in my book).

1- Any tier list for BD and AB ?

2- What is for you the best character vs mitsuru ?

Mitsuru and Yu are a good choise for this game because they are hight HP = 9500 AND good range and good in the speculation tierlist for the patch, your opinion ?

Haha, just be careful is all I'm saying.

Maybe I will start posting there just to help illustrate my point. :V

I see your point. It's essentially the same as a wikipedia source, but thanks for the mention.

The Arcadia tier list is by Joker and it's entirely speculation based on the list of known patch changes. Also Joker apparently plays against the only good Aegis player in the country, and Aegis got buffed in the patch, so that should clue you in to why she's listed as top.

Makes sense, though I guess it's the only reliable source we have for now.

1- Any tier list for BD and AB ?

2- What is for you the best character vs mitsuru ?

Mitsuru and Yu are a good choise for this game because they are hight HP = 9500 AND good range and good in the speculation tierlist for the patch, your opinion ?

I placed the BD tier list in the first post.

I'm not sure about your other questions. I just know that Mitsuru has really good pokes, rarely against trouble against matchups and has decent pressure and mixup. It just gets worse when she has at least 50sp so she can start doing Valk shit on you because her JB hits crouching. Probably missing other things as to why she's S tier but that's the jist of it I think. I'm not one to really be completely sure on these matters.

I can't answer your other questions because I don't know.

Thanks Kiba :)

I speak about tierlist for the input BD = Réversal not Back Dash and AB = Overhead

AB with AKIHIKO and YOSUKE are very strong and fast compare to therest of the cast IMO

Haven't seen any data on AOAs yet.

Edit: Kiba let me know if this is outside the bounds of this thread, if it is I'll remove/move it.

For R-Actions (B+D), it's kind of vague since they do different things or are good for certain situations.

Chie's is definitely the best. Total time is way too short to be reacted to on wiff, there's just barely any recovery to it at all. 1500 damage on midscreen hit, but you can cancel to meteors if you are in awakening. Or if you are in the corner, free combo into way too much damage. Oh and it's also so fast that you can use it as a makeshift cancel for mixups or mindgames or whatever.

Mitsuru and Kanji are probably next best. Mitsuru's just because of the properties on it, it's insanely fast, has a great hitbox, combo into super on hit. You can punish it on reaction if you instant blocked it though, but even that is hard. Kanji's just has wacky hitbox properties. It's also pretty damn hard to get a good punish on block, and it leaves them paralyzed.

For bad ones... Akihiko's has really awful defensive properties. It tends to TRADE half the time, and not always for the best for him. It's also not that fast and it has a terrible hitbox. It manages to be really useful as a combo tool though.

Both Labrys's have pretty bad ones because they are just insanely slow. You get full combos on CH though, so there's that. Reminds me of Judge Gauntlet, which is not a good thing.

Elizabeth's is pretty bad too. It's crazy slow, it's a throw (which is BREAKABLE), it does 0 damage, you can't super cancel it (AFAIK anyway), and the effects it puts on them aren't necessarily even that great. The upsides are that it leaves them across the screen, and that the hit effect takes so long that she has plenty of time to build super meter and start recovering blue life when it hits.

Yosuke's is the other really awful one. Not super cancelable, does pitiful damage (around 500), really long total time so you can reaction punish it, and it doesn't even work right all the time. You can 'trip' the other player's persona but it may just hit the persona and not the other player, so you end up with the long 'trip' animation and then it's even easier to punish him.