Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC+R] Robo-Ky Changes and Discussion!

New stuff to talk about Robot players! Guilty Gear: Accent Core + R has been released in Japanese arcades, with a forthcoming console release in a few months (hopefully!)

***NEW VERSION 1.10 CHANGES***

We don't even have all the Mook changes translated, yet here's a new change apparently coming in version 1.10 next month. Thanks to Alzarath for posting and Nikki from hit confirm.

-Aerial SRK now has initial prorate.

All translated changes: http://pastebin.com/wvvpK7Bq

***11/4 MOOK TRANSLATIONS AND CONFIRMATIONS***

Robo's standing Dust now has 24 frames startup. (Was 20 before, tied with Raoh for fastest Dust in the game.)

2hs Knee Rocket: Interestingly enough there's no mention of a temperature increase for the move normally. HOWEVER, in 80% heat mode, this move gives you 6.2 degree heat increase on frame 1.

80% Heat 2s Eye lasers: The two parts of the attack do 37 and 20 damage and the move is +1 on block! Similarly, like 2hs, while only in 80% Heat this move will give you a slight temperature increase. In this case, it will be 2.4 degrees on frame 1.

Force Break: I've confirmed at least the major buff. Robo is now pilotable on frame 1, and you can cancel on frame 2. (Was frame 6 and frame 7 before.)

***8/28 RECENTLY TRANSLATED CHANGES:

Thanks to Dustloop member Dream Maker for the help.

Robo-Ky

Heat increase : heat goes up on normal guard, FD and IB.

jHS : heats up 15°C

6P 1 hit : heats up 10°C

6P 3 hits : heats up 40°C

Air missile lv 1 : heats up 30°C

Air missile lv 2 and 3 : heats up 5°C

2HS : heats up 10°C. Guaranteed to come out. If you shoot it goes all the way up and goes back down. When coming back to the ground, knocks down on both normal and counter hit. 80% Heat only.

2S : heats up 5°C. Untechable time slightly reduced. Impossible to catch after it on ground hit most of the time.

Backstep : heats up 10°C

Air dp : Acts as an overhead. Can TK. Not possible to get a knockdown. Stronger choice than the gundash (? I think he means the classic low air dash mixup) on okizeme. Level 1 heats up 10°C, no heat up on lv 2 and 3.

Stormlocke's note: Regarding Air DP change above ("gundash"), perhaps they are referencing Robo-Dash.

***8/16 LOKETEST CHANGES:***

Robo-Ky:

- j.623HS is overhead

Source/Credit: Nikki from Hitconfirm & https://twitter.com/en_ootsuru/status/236030653676810240

***6/28/2012 LOKETEST 2 CHANGE LIST***:

robo ky

heat changes slower

c.S

upper hitbox is larger

5D

startup from 20 to 22f

builds less heat

2S (80% heat)

2 hits

increases heat

increased range, explosion has increased hitbox

j.H

floats opponent higher when counterhit

6P

damage increased from 25 to 30

untechable time increased from 18 to 80f

6P (2nd,3rd)

damage decreased from 25 to 20

upper invincibility during startup

throw

opponent floats higher

ky-genshou (lv1)

higher heat increase

ky-genshou (lv2)

opponent slides when counterhit

shorter pushback on hit and guard

ky-genshou (lv3)

wallbounce on counterhit

ky-maku homerun (lv1)

higher heat increase

air ky-maku homerun

new move

chounai ky bargain (lv1)

higher heat increase

chounai ky bargain (lv2)

lower heat increase

chounai ky bargain (lv3)

lower heat increase

ky denpa

damage changed from 8 x n + 35 to 2 x n + 38

can recover up to 50% of electricity gauge

opponent's tension can be lowered by 25%

opponent gets higher float, shorter horizontal distance

throw invincible during startup

kyou wa ky san

command changed to air 214d

can be steered from the first frame

can be cancelled from the second frame

can now be cancelled into an airdash or air backdash

heat decrease is half of what it used to be

dame na yatsu wa nani mo yatte mo dame

inputting 6 gives you a headbutt

enhanced headbutt can be done when heat is around 93-99

gen ky lovers (explosion)

can not be airblocked

Credit/Thanks: Coolest

My thoughts so far: For me they saved the best change for last, holy shit. Super amped on that. Force Break changes are fantastic for my playstyle too. Fishing with Level 3 horse can have a bigger payoff, easier input window for enhanced super-headbutt is helpful, 2s Eye Laser buffs are a great way to potentially deal damage without dumping as much tension, and 80% 2hs Knee Rockets should help with heat-mode rushdown/pressure (interested to see how much heat they give still though). I can deal with the nerf to his 5d, it's only been that fast since AC, and potential damage loss from command grab. I'm really excited and happy about the changes, at least how they look on 'paper', and I can't wait to get into the lab with this new robot!

**From First Loketest**

- 623H (SRK) : now possible while airborne, FRC possible just as the ground version.

- 2H (Knee Rocket) rocket now comes back down toward opponent after a while.

- 2S (Eye Lasers) while heat superior than 80% hits twice and launches.

My thoughts so far:

Pretty stoked on the Robot changes.

Having 2hs Knee Rocket basically become a Doom Hidden missile is very much welcomed. Interested to see if it's going to give significant heat as M. Song alluded to. Also interested in seeing how it tracks, and if you can have multiple ones coming down at the same time. 2hs FRC x N shenanigans, etc.

2s Eye Lasers hitting twice and launching in 80% Heat mode is great too. Saves tension for extended-burninating and missile ender combos in the air. Since it doesn't prorate, it'll be even more beneficial and advantageous to try and sneak it in as a starter.

Air SRK seems funny to me still, but it's cool. I'm just picturing Robot doing it from his Force Break motion, and how unnatural it'll be to see at first.

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

Compared to the other characters changes, the robo ones are underwhelming.

though 2s launch in heat mode prob leads to fun combos.

here's hoping for secret/other changes ^^

From the other thread:

I've had it translated to me as "while in heat mode if you do 2HS he explodes." It could also be what you posted though, I dunno.

That can't be it, since we see Robo-Ky do 2H in heat mode during the preview.

Nonetheless, the 2s change is going to make Heat Mode ridiculous. Can't wait to see more.

some more

and a bug already got found (by Robo-Ky player GAKU)

[Robo-Ky]

doing 2HS on the moment he explodes freezes the game

i wonder if this means overclock explosion or overheating explosion (or both)

i think that if the air dp has the same counterhit properties(on the 2nd hit), that would be lovely

also we don't know if this air dp will have auto JI yet, so that could be used as a flashy combo extender maybe

another thing is that every character that has a ground and air dp, the frame data (and damage) is different between the two, so that's another thing i'd like to know

i'd actually be really sad if 2hs does build up 20-ish degrees of heat, even if it does come back down later

i almost feel like its one of those changes where its like.. oh man that move is great now.... but is it really great enough to force that much heat gain, like j.hs

i feel like this will give you less opportunities to do 2hs frc gimmicks in the corner and will reduce combo opportunities on counter hit

i hope that the hit stun on 80+ heat 2s will last long enough for you to run then 5p and/or a c.s for launching, cuz in that video when they did 2s, 5k (black beat) c.s kinda sucked

also it would be nice if we know if this works only on the ground or works no matter where they are, so we can have some more interesting followups on something like robodash

I've been reading some things about Robo's 6p, waiting for clarification. Something about 3 hits guaranteeing a knockdown. Would be nice if that turns out to be the case.

Also people are commenting/speculating that 2HS Knee Rocket only comes back down in Level 3 Heat.

Finally Robo's Aerial Level 3 SRK does not activate SRK super.

i always liked the option of 6p x1 for knockdown, 6p x2 or 3 for extra heat gain

i hope its still 6p x1 gets kd.... because if i am required to gain like 30+ heat for a knockdown off a aa... that sucks

hopefully itll be its always kd.... at 1 2 or 3. that would be swell.

Going over Loketest 2 change log for Robo, with my limited Japanese knowledge, (while also at work).

-There is a bigger window now for Super headbutt wallbounce, you can input 2 degrees earlier, at 93.

Expect a lot more...

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

Going over Loketest 2 change log for Robo, with my limited Japanese knowledge, (while also at work).

-There is a bigger window now for Super headbutt wallbounce, you can input 2 degrees earlier, at 93.

Expect a lot more...

one thing i noticed without being able to read is that the FB input is changed from j.236D to j.214D

i asked a friend that can read japanese and he was saying the changes say

can move from frame 1

cancellable frame is now frame 2 instead of frame 7

can cancel with air dash or air back dash

heat dispersion cut to half

also command grab got changed

big damage nerf ;_____; looking like max damage will do less than 1/2 of before

but something like the max meter return is 50% while max meter drain is 25%

not sure what the rest says

noooooooooooooooooo it looks like they slowed down dust from 20 to 22f startup ;___;

so it looks like the 2hs hidden missile thing is at 80% heat after all

based on google translate...it looks like a lot of moves that originally didn't build up heat or build up more heat

so maybe they are trying to give roboky players more ways to build up heat for all the 80C heat stuff (sounds like a forced playstyle change to me and as a consequence nerfing the amount of hits of missile loop due to heat constraints)

Edited by M.Song

Yeah, saw those changes as well. Thanks for confirming/second opinion'ing.

"J.hs now floating opponent when the counter hits high"

2k doesn't give as much heat now.

Command grab has throw invincibility.

80% Heat 2s has a hitbox/"attack detection" at the point of impact, in an explosion, at the tip of the laser beam.

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

**6/28/2012 LOKETEST 2 CHANGE LIST**:

robo ky

heat changes slower

c.S

upper hitbox is larger

5D

startup from 20 to 22f

builds less heat

2S (80% heat)

2 hits

increases heat

increased range, explosion has increased hitbox

j.H

floats opponent higher when counterhit

6P

damage increased from 25 to 30

untechable time increased from 18 to 80f

6P (2nd,3rd)

damage decreased from 25 to 20

upper invincibility during startup

throw

opponent floats higher

ky-genshou (lv1)

higher heat increase

ky-genshou (lv2)

opponent slides when counterhit

shorter pushback on hit and guard

ky-genshou (lv3)

wallbounce on counterhit

ky-maku homerun (lv1)

higher heat increase

air ky-maku homerun

new move

chounai ky bargain (lv1)

higher heat increase

chounai ky bargain (lv2)

lower heat increase

chounai ky bargain (lv3)

lower heat increase

ky denpa

damage changed from 8 x n + 35 to 2 x n + 38

can recover up to 50% of electricity gauge

opponent's tension can be lowered by 25%

opponent gets higher float, shorter horizontal distance

throw invincible during startup

kyou wa ky san

command changed to air 214d

can be steered from the first frame

can be cancelled from the second frame

can now be cancelled into an airdash or air backdash

heat decrease is half of what it used to be

dame na yatsu wa nani mo yatte mo dame

inputting 6 gives you a headbutt

enhanced headbutt can be done when heat is around 93-99

gen ky lovers (explosion)

can not be airblocked

Credit/Thanks: Coolest

For me personally they saved the best change for last, holy shit. Super amped on that. Force Break changes are fantastic for my playstyle too.

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

omg does that mean j.hs counterhit won't send them flying downward anymore? that is an amazing buff

that and the pony buffs sound amazing

what does everyone else think about the command throw changes?

i love the fact that the return is 2:1 now, but halving its damage is quite unfortunate, since that's a large part of my playstyle, although startup invincibility frames sounds absolutely nuts

also , about the punching super, did they change to followup to just 6 or is it still 236S, cuz i saw something like that on the original pdf.

I hope the higher float and the lessened push back means you can combo off of it without RCing. Though RCing shouldn't be a problem if you get 50% meter from grabbing them when they only have 25%. Also the fact that it will only be a quarter of the hits means the meter stealing must happen really fast.

the fuck @ 80f untechable on 6p 1 hit?

otherwise mostly cool. i wasnt big on tk fb for instant j.s or whatever, but it seems stronger now. my heat management was really good.... hopefully it stays that way. command throw changes are... interesting.... if nothing else.

not sure how i feel about it all but seems reasonable at the very least

Edited by iora

ok watching a roboky on the location test stream

the 2s in heat is pretty cool, there is a pretty big boom when the laser hits the floor, you can combo off of it meterlessly without it going black

OMG HE DID FIRE PONY LOOP OFF OF 80 HEAT 2S!!!!

2hs doesn't build up too much heat, but the hidden missile aspect doesn't seem to be all that great in terms of tracking

the throw and command throw trajectory is different, but he hasn't been doing them too much

YES YOU CAN JUST COMBO PUNCHING SUPER FROM COMMAND THROW

AND DP SUPER

impossible dust missile loop and nezu 100% meter dizzy combo still works in corner

oh god counterhit wallbounce lvl3 pony is so much better than the current counterhit float

Edited by M.Song

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/guity-gear-xxac-rロケテスト#utm_campaign=unknown&utm_source=11450055&utm_medium=social (live now, but dunno how long)

okay seeing some robo on the ggxxr stream, its sick. (random thoughts time! sorry for disorganization!)

he did like had to be a clean 200 at least off throw frc to dizzy.

the 2s launcher is really nice , c.s among other things to follow up.

impossible dust with missile in the corner looks good.

the new heat rate seems.... interesting. it builds slower, so you can ease into it better and drain it out with hits a little better.

the heat gain on the level 1 moves isnt a big change it seems at first glance.

6p x3, then 6p x1 brought him from zero heat to 88ish.

heat drain after explosion is slower also.

80+ heat level 2 srk lead to a sick combo on air counter hit.

command throw combos into level 3 srk and transforms, 236236s super (eddie floats out of the followup if you start at low heat, actually floats out often, looks hard but is possible, combo ended up being 236236s, followup, level 2 or 3 horse, 5h frc, iad j.s? he didnt get the iad and whiffed but looked like iad j.s woulda hit.), 5h frc into whatever.

counterhit level 3 horse wall bounces so hard you can whiff a close-s, then pick up with k c.s air combo. looks fucking STRONG.

the 80 heat 2h lands where you launch from it seems? not sure.

(side note eddie has little eddie reload buzzsaw back. fuck my life :( )

robo looks so much better now that i saw in action, rather than on paper. they want me to stay a robot, and im really thinking about it after seeing all that hype ass shit.

Edited by iora

I'm a bit confused about the change for CH j.HS, anyone see it in action during the loketest?

oddly no i havent, but im guessing its more of a slightly upward arc, rather than slightly downward

no idea though

Thanks for the write-up guys! I'm stuck at Anime Expo with really shitty internet/reception. I almost went to Starbucks last night to watch the stream. Sounds like we got to see a lot of cool stuff. Did anybody use Robo's Force Break at all?

80% heat eye lasers sound pretty beast!

people used it but not during the 'serious' round

the cancel into j.k off tk fb came out so much faster, also going down to land right after doing it

i think the 80 heat 2s is actually his biggest buff based on the amount of damage it can get off it with a meterless launcher

also 2hs coming down seems not that useful.. it lands just a little in front of him and since it builds up a bit of heat, you can actually overheat from your own 2hs and then it disappears

in case you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjt13UqPVw8

3:45 is one of the things i missed. fucking silly. ^^

6p loops, fun! I'm thinking that should work off of command throw now too, because of the post-float. (Side note: Robo-Dash, FRC, Command throw is even more fun now with the throw invincibility on startup.)

M. Song, I have to agree with you, descending Knee Rockets don't look nearly as good as I was initially hoping for. I was banking on it tracking to a certain extent, shit. Combined with the fact that if you take damage/get hit & it disappears really lessens its usefulness. I'm still looking forward to some lab-time with the move though.

im thinking the knee rocket might be good post kd

2s, 2h on their corpse, jump over, airdash backwards/fb/whatever, mixup while rocket covers?

depends on timing but thats the only thing i really see with the new 2h thing