Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

entnervt

Testament AC+R Changes

Haven't tried the new Testament yet but I like how he looks so far. IMO the stupid damage from anything and the front exe as a mashable move he had in AC should never have happened. It derived a lot from his original concept and ultimately made the character broken tier along with Eddie.

Now they basically toned down his damage a lot and also removed EXE based pressure. But they also gave him a lot of new interesting tools : new 3HS, strenghtened 2S as an anti air, FB phantom soul that looks very hard to escape, easier to land P phantom soul, new 6K that extends the combo capabilities from far S in particular and of course the teleports that will probably give awesome mixup games and look fast enough to be actually used as an approach method depending on what the opponent does.

I think the loss of EXE FRC pressure that he had since the vanilla GGXX is what will take the most time to adjust with, but you can and should use the crow for that. So whenever you get a combo opportunity finish it with phantom soul or use the FB version at the appropriate time to force your opponent to block it. Learning the 4 different crow patterns will probably become essential to his gameplay now.

glad he finally has a confirm off max distance f.s since 6K and 3HS should now hit

random hits are better, but he has a harder time getting them. exe beast should pretty much always =combo.

I think 2S got a vert hit-box buff, so that might be something to look out for

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/ACR%a1%a1%a5%c6%a5%b9%a5%bf%a5%e1%a5%f3%a5%c8%a1%a1%c9%ac%bb%a6%b5%bb#content_2_6

For those wondering if 22k teleports behind opponent in corner, it does not. This is a link to a break down of Testament's specials, and the second note says that if your opponent is in the corner, you will appear in front of them. However, something like back beast (hold) iad (release) jhs or air badlands or something that hits behind Testament could be good for crossing up in the corner, or you could wait until Testament turns around during descent.

lynxfort: technically "recovery" doesn't really apply to a move like luft warrant, since it doesn't actually hit. usually recovery is considered the amount of time during a move when it is past the point where it can actually hit (active frames), but the move animation is still taking place, preventing you from blocking or doing other stuff (unless you cancel it with another move or frc or something). However, to answer your question, I'm pretty sure that it is easily punishable if you just throw it out. The idea is to either do it when you have a beast waiting so as to cover your teleport, or do it when they're knocked down or something, or maybe if you can do it to make them whiff a move. maybe you could even canceling a normal into it would give you enough time to block before the opponent recovers from block stun from your normal, but if you just cancel a normal into it, expect to be put immediately on the defensive. But for the most part, if your opponent isn't otherwise occupied, I imagine he would be able to hit you at some point during the moves animation, maybe even throw you when you reappear as is the case with regular warrant.

The changes make Testament seem a lot scarier to me. The EXE Beast changes killed off the old braindead pressure game, but all the new stuff seem like they more than make up for that old brutal efficiency. The new teleport makes him slipperier and gives him ranged mixup off EXE Beast/crow attacks (and in the corner with S Beast's push), and being able to have 2 delayable Beasts on screen at once coupled with damn near perma-curse status make his options kind of nuts if he's able to really set up shop. He'll have trouble if he gets pinned down, but it seems like once he's able to get moving, it'll be a nightmare for most characters to make him stop.

The changes make Testament seem a lot scarier to me. The EXE Beast changes killed off the old braindead pressure game' date=' but all the new stuff seem like they more than make up for that old brutal efficiency. The new teleport makes him slipperier and gives him ranged mixup off EXE Beast/crow attacks (and in the corner with S Beast's push), and being able to have 2 delayable Beasts on screen at once coupled with damn near perma-curse status make his options kind of nuts if he's able to really set up shop. He'll have trouble if he gets pinned down, but it seems like once he's able to get moving, it'll be a nightmare for most characters to make him stop.[/quote']

does anyone happen to know the start-up and/or invincibility on teleport?

and/or does warrant(counter) have start-up...I believe it used to have like...4? frames before it would counter

does hitomi still have the HILARIOUS 1 frame invulnerability? (going through moves with hitomi makes me smile...regardless of how random).

+R 1.10 Changes courtesy of Hitconfirm

- 5HS

* Increased time to cancel the move (Special Cancel)

- S EXE Beast (41236S)

* Faster recovery

* Increased tension gain

- Power-Up HITOMI (214S)

* Smaller hitbox

- Zeinest (214HS)

* Increased tension gain

Do we have some sort of early consensus on how does Test fare right now? Watching his matches right now makes me feel like he's quite a beast. Needs a lot of meter for FRCs + FB Skull, but with that he has crazier pressure/oki and combo damage isn't noticeably lower. All is so far offset only by not having a good reversal anymore. Missing something?

I would say he's not a beast compared to AC, but still a very solid character. Exe Beast not longer coming out whenever input is done makes it a lot easier and safer for his opponent to get close and combo the shit out of him. Exe Beast is no longer a possible defensive-tool but for oki it's really good if not sick. And that you don't need meter for front- and back-Exe-Beast-pressure is nice to see. From what I've seen so far meter can be used more for FB's, FRC's are more used, e.g., to make 2HS safer on block or combo of it, not in combos anymore. That's why imo FRC's are not that often used, especially not to perform high-dmg-combos, what makes them seem a bit easier. But that's a guess, maybe the combos in AC+R are as difficult like in AC. He still looks like a character that can be played really freestyled and I'm really looking forward to AC+R and pmode-grinding.

- f.S - untechable 14F -> 15F

- H - vacuums on air hit, untechable 16F -> 18F

- 6P - now forces crouching state on hit

- 6K - start-up 8F -> 15F, untechable 16F -> 17F

- 6H - FRC point 25-29F -> 17-21F

- D - start-up 29F -> 31F

- 2H - FRC point added 14-15F

- throw - forced prorate 50%

- air throw - adds 1 MoP stock, forced prorate 50%

- Phantom Soul P (236P) - start-up 37F -> 30F

- Badlands (214P) - start-up 16F -> 17F, 1st hit has hitstop 6F

- air Badlands (j.214P) - 2nd hit has hitstop 6F

- S EXE Beast (41236S) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding S, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 16F, on CH for 26F), start-up 22-81+6F, 20F active, total 42F recovery, SD -2 -> +12, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered, if Testament is hit during the Beast attack startup, the Beast disappears, Testament is in CH state 1-30F, pushes the opponent in the same direction the EXE Beast is moving

- H EXE Beast (41236H) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding H, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 18F, on CH for 32F), start-up 23-82+6F, 16F active, total 40F recovery, SD +9 -> +13, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered, if Testament is hit during the Beast attack startup, the Beast disappears, Testament is in CH state 1-24F, pushes the opponent in the same direction the EXE Beast is moving, FRC 13-14F -> 2-9F, no longer ignores OTG

- Warrant (214K) - counter animation total 42F -> 52F, counters blockable attack on 4-19F -> 2-19F,

- HITOMI (214S) - FRC point added 16-18F

- HITOMI powered-up (214S) - FRC point added 16-18F

- Zeinest (214H) - start-up 13F -> 11F, traps for 46F -> 48F

- air Zeinest (j.214H) - traps for 46F -> 48F

- Zeinest powered-up (214H) - traps for 126F -> 128F

- air Zeinest powered-up (j.214H) - traps for 126F -> 128F

- Grave Digger (214D) - guard HLF -> all, start-up 17F -> 14F, added 3F landing recovery, airborne from 6F -> 3F, fully invincible 6-14F -> 3-11F

- air Grave Digger (j.214D) - added 3F landing recovery

- 3H - new normal, 15x4 damage, lvl 3, block HLF, cancel CR, start-up 14F, active 2,2,(2),2,2, recovery 17F, SD -5, staggers opponent on ground hit (max 31F), 2nd hit onwards are special cancelable

- Ruft Warrant(22P/K) - new move, warrant-like teleport with no hit, total 42F, Testament teleports on 13F, Testament is in CH state from 1-12F

- FB Phantom Soul (236D) - marks even on block, 5 damage, lvl 2, 80F start-up, 180F active, total 35F recovery, goes through other projectiles, disappears if it goes off-screen, tracks opponent, disappears if Testament is hit, Testament is in CH state from 1-23F

- S Nightmare Circular (632146S) - new version of OD, same but comes out after delay, start-up 0+226, recovery is 21F total, fully invincible 1-9F (H ver is 1-8F)

-----

done by framedata comparisson

I feel like, even though they nerfed Testament's obviously amazing tools, they made him into a much more interesting and diverse character now. He now gained a whole new set of mixups including marvel teleport mixups with the new EXE beast, also FB phantom soul is pretty good.

Overall I'm happy that he's not loop happy like AC, he's obviously not as gdlk as he once was, but I do think that because of all the new changes he will becomes a much more fun character to use.

DL ACR wiki was updated, so the list was changed accordingly. Corrections:

- f.S - untechable 14F -> 15F

- Phantom Soul P (236P) - start-up 37F -> 30F

- Grave digger fully invincible 6-14F -> 3-11F

- S Nightmare Circular has different invuls than H one

Hi guys..

i just downloaded the game....

- Hitomi (tree): command changed to 623S, can be done with 236S(?)

- Zeinest (web): command changed to 623H, can be done with 236H(?)

mmm... i found the commands is same as before..

6P

Forces crouching state on hit.

Is there any use for the force crouching state ??

S EXE Beast (41236S) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding S, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 16F, on CH for 26F), start-up 22-81+6F, 20F active, total 42F recovery, SD -2 -> +12, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered, if Testament is hit during the Beast attack startup, the Beast disappears, Testament is in CH state 1-30F, pushes the opponent in the same direction the EXE Beast is moving

- H EXE Beast (41236H) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding H, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 18F, on CH for 32F), start-up 23-82+6F, 16F active, total 40F recovery, SD +9 -> +13, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered

err...this is my problem right now...

EXE beast movements are fixed whether i hold the the S/HS button or do it normally it's the same ...:?:

Forced crouch makes certain combos possible like 2S/f.S -> 6K -> 6H. Not a gamechanger, but it doesn't hurt.

Not sure I understand your other problem. Exe Beast always triggers after a set time regardless if you don't hold/tap a button. Doing so just fires it earlier.

Yeah, you can't hold the beast for that long, but you can alter when it attacks for a short time by holding the button.

To add to what Alzerath was saying about forced crouch, there is more hit stun on a crouching opponent than on a standing opponent, so certain combos that work on crouching opponents might not work on standing opponents. As in the above example, f.s>6k>^6h won't work on a standing opponent, but it will on a crouching opponent. However, 6p is an overhead, and in 99% of the cases when you hit with, that means that your opponent probably blocked low, and is already crouching. However, (especially vs. the computer who just randomly decides not to block sometimes, and to slashback everything at other times) this might not always be the case. So having 6p force crouch means that you can always go for the same combo on a grounded opponent once you've confirmed your 6p has hit, and you don't have to worry about that off chance that maybe they somehow were standing but still didn't block it.

A little bit of info on 236D: It has the extended curse pattern from the Kick version of Phantom Soul. I saw that in the original AC thread, 2 of the patterns are wrong (maybe based on a certain version of arcade board ?). It lists the extended patterns 2 and 3 to have 4 extra moves, but it's always 3 extra moves when compared to the Punch version. They are the same in +R:

L = Low, H = High, S = Schythe, F = Feathers. 236K and 236D curse do the longer version in brackets.

1: L L S F H (L S S)

2: F S L H H (L S F)

3: H F L S F (S H L)

4: S S H F F (L H H)

Tiny uninteresting bit: 236D is missing from Testament's command list, so it's a SUPERSECRET MOVE ! :)

For EXE beast: an easy way to get it to come out as fast as possible is to press the button (S or HS) again when the beast closes it's mouth. Extremely easy to time. Testament is still in recovery, so you don't get any unwanted moves by doing this (unless you FRC ofcourse).

Edit: the information here regarding the patterns is not correct, please visit my update at http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14282-Testament-AC-R-Changes/page7&p=1536205&viewfull=1#post1536205

I don't know where to post this since there doesn't seem to be a general +r discussion thread so I'll post here...just messing with training mode stuffs. His crossup with tele works the same as OS, you have to cross the opponent up/put them backturned to set up true crossups, it's simple though since badlands turns them around naturally. You can do whatever -> badlands, dash 41236h frc, 22k + release it (which can be input as 22k+s+h) and thats a cross up into air combo. if they block it, you are at enough advantage to do c.s 6p/2d mixup, c.s keeps them in blockstun. hopefully the patch comes out for 360 soon so ill be able to mess w/ stuff more. also i noticed that if you do 41236h frc fast enough, the s input registers with the motion so you automatically do the s exe beast right after the frc, probably good for setups

I've started paying close attention to vids, and I've seen that exact setup hit like 23749 times so I'm thinking it is. I don't have the game at home yet so i can't test. I'm guessing that blocking S exebeast, since it turns their sprite around, counts as activating the same situation as them being back-turned does.