Sign in to follow this  
Digital Watches

AC: Videos

Back to the earlier AX vs ED matchup, here are some vids of what transpired last last weekend, between myself and DW:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p0rtln

Cool. Thought it was the sleep deprivation there for a sec, but apparently I wasn't hallucinating. Testament has problems with EXE beast against Axl for the same reasons.

Haha, we were both pretty sleepy that night so there's a lot of 'wtf' stuff I'm catching as I watch these vids. Anyway, I'll have to consider that and a couple other Axl-specific combo quirks for the next time we play...

Good shit, Teyah. I need to play you again ASAP. I'll make sure not to drop so many combos on the right side next time (disturbing that I'm re-developing a side-weakness.) Anyway, I think that aside from some sleepy mistakes on both our parts (like Teyah said,) these matches show a good picture of how crazy the Axl-Eddie matchup is. Note especially the two times I got dizzied and killed after one combo, and the at least one time that one (albeit black-beat) B-Loop took off probably a good 95% of Eddie's life.

those were fun to watch...you should upload more if u get a chance...gives me a chance to analyze some matchups i dont have much experience with... kinda curious why you used dp counter vs a grounded eddie so many times...and the 1 time it hit u didnt use fb... also, i heard the eddie unblockable with the big drill and ball overhead were escapable...is that in all instances or just some?? does it have to be a 1 frame jump?? dunno y some of those combos took so much dmg on eddie, his guard guage wasnt even flashing...is he in the same defense category as axl?? if memory serves me right, (only watched through them once) in your rushdown you seemed to finish all your gatlings and go into rensen, rensen frc, or 6hs..maybe space some pokes inbetween and fish for ch from time to time?? meh, personal preference...might not be that advisable on eddie i suppose....

kinda curious why you used dp counter vs a grounded eddie so many times...and the 1 time it hit u didnt use fb...

I used it mainly to try to kill the little eddie, since I'd rather have the eddie dead and get hit by some random move than have the eddie alive and be blocking.

also, i heard the eddie unblockable with the big drill and ball overhead were escapable...is that in all instances or just some?? does it have to be a 1 frame jump??

Well, it didn't happen in any of the matches Teyah upped, but when I was playing him that night, I was able to block it a few times on the ground, but I think that was because he messed up (It was still very hard though.) You can probably chicken block it, but reversal 1FJ is very hard to get down, so while it's probably a good idea, I can't do it consistently. It's also sometimes viable to try to reversal backdash out of that one, but VERY risky.

dunno y some of those combos took so much dmg on eddie, his guard guage wasnt even flashing...is he in the same defense category as axl??

Yeah, Eddie's in the 1.06 def. mod category, just like Axl. But those combos did so much damage because of guard meter. Just because it isn't flashing doesn't mean it doesn't ramp up the damage. The only special thing flashing does is cause counterhits.

if memory serves me right, (only watched through them once) in your rushdown you seemed to finish all your gatlings and go into rensen, rensen frc, or 6hs..maybe space some pokes inbetween and fish for ch from time to time?? meh, personal preference...might not be that advisable on eddie i suppose....

Don't forget cancelling into Rashousen or Raeisageki. Those netted me some wins, and are very important parts of Axl's mixup. Buuut, the real question is, which pokes? Fishing for CH on Eddie is a bad idea up close, because with things like 2S, 6P, j.K, and even possibly 214S (Eddie's moves, not Axl's), not to mention drills and eddie stuff, throwing out stuff hoping for a random CH at close is just asking for trouble, in my opinion, for the same reason I didn't go for as many Kokuu crossups as I normally do: Too much risk against a character with the tools to deal with it. I suppose going for the occasional 3P, f.S, or 2K would be less risky, but I'd rather have such an aggressive character as Eddie be locked down and building up guard gage and having to make fast high-low-crossup-throw guesses than maybe getting counterhit by some poke. I dunno, that's just my opinion. Also, 5H, which is a very good tool for being level 5 and special cancellable, has very few gatlings.

Back to the earlier AX vs ED matchup, here are some vids of what transpired last last weekend, between myself and DW

Very good matches, that was quite an enjoyable watch. Very nice combos from both and Teyah's rushdown brings back scary memories from T8 hahaha. Just a some questions though...

Teyah: Why don't you fortress jump when you see him going for the unblockable??? He punished you hard twice with the fake out, but you could have easily fortressed the 6K both times.

DW: Why the 2k -> pause, he robbed you of your rushdown twice for no reason If you were trying to bait burst can't you just do 2k -> cS -> 2d??? or at least 2k -> 2d. I find it works for me fairly well.

Anyway, did Stephen get in on the action too??? I would like to see some Axl vs Baiken matches too if you recorded any.

I used it mainly to try to kill the little eddie, since I'd rather have the eddie dead and get hit by some random move than have the eddie alive and be blocking.

i see....

Yeah, Eddie's in the 1.06 def. mod category, just like Axl. But those combos did so much damage because of guard meter. Just because it isn't flashing doesn't mean it doesn't ramp up the damage. The only special thing flashing does is cause counterhits.

yepz...

Don't forget cancelling into Rashousen or Raeisageki. Those netted me some wins, and are very important parts of Axl's mixup. Buuut, the real question is, which pokes?

word...i use those too of course...but not really a fan of raeisageki unless they're in the corner and i have meter to cancel or i'm trapped in the corner and trying to get out...

pokes like..5k *slight pause* 5k *slight pause* 3p...etc etc...i'm also a fan of the 5k 2p gatling and mixing up after 2p....considering axl doesnt have any real solid 50/50's with hit levels i like to tempt my opponents into attacking and let them think they can move when they cant...

sorry about the low tier post...dunno how to do multiple quotes and all that jazz....

WTF I can see the videos some with the service is a full capacity and never start to download. Can you put it in youtube that will be great(I really wanna see those vids)

word...i use those too of course...but not really a fan of raeisageki unless they're in the corner and i have meter to cancel or i'm trapped in the corner and trying to get out...

But if they're in the corner, you don't get the ambiguous crossup mindgames! :eng101: However, I would definitely recommend using it to get out of the corner, since JI-Raeisageki (hitting FRC)-Airdash, j.H, 2S is a very viable, very damaging b-loop startup.

pokes like..5k *slight pause* 5k *slight pause* 3p...etc etc...i'm also a fan of the 5k 2p gatling and mixing up after 2p....considering axl doesnt have any real solid 50/50's with hit levels i like to tempt my opponents into attacking and let them think they can move when they cant...

Yeah, but that shit is risky against Eddie, or good players at all really. Gap games like that leave him time to try breaking the law or jumping, and when Eddie is in the air and up close, the likelihood is that I'm going to either have to start blocking or get counterhit to death. Also, I don't think the drills go away if I hit him late into summoning them, so if he gets the chance to summon one, there goes my pressure game.

EDIT: In general, while gap games can be strong sometimes, a well-placed IB will kill you hard. Just look at match 3 at around 0:35 for an instance of that happening, and keep in mind that 2K actually has the LEAST recovery of all of Axl's grounded normals.

can you low counter drills in this game? I knowhe could do it in other versions

Um. No. I don't think you could do it in #R or / either, though I never played XX, X, or 1. Drills are projectiles.

Also: By popular demand, YOUTUBE'd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjkXKeMXAQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa3bqwIxGA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1G8IOI6Bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03FGUMhTjzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz5XPWChrBU

And, as to be expected of youtube, I think some of them have a sound delay. Oh well.

Exelent DW, Exelent matches your style is very much like mine :keke: I like it very much I saw some curius things like: In match 4 round 1 I never use strings to build up the oponent bar beacuse axl is no very good a it :( but I should and will learn to do those strings.

The combo after that was glorius :yaaay:

in the other hand I see you don't use 6p against oponents right above you like when eddie does his jk and the other thing is use more bentengari light when you see the opportunity if is ch that's a free damaging combo.

Exelent DW, Exelent matches your style is very much like mine :keke: I like it very much I saw some curius things like: In match 4 round 1 I never use strings to build up the oponent bar beacuse axl is no very good a it :( but I should and will learn to do those strings.

The combo after that was glorius :yaaay:

in the other hand I see you don't use 6p against oponents right above you like when eddie does his jk and the other thing is use more bentengari light when you see the opportunity if is ch that's a free damaging combo.

I'd say that going for 6P is a good idea sometimes, but Eddie's j.K makes it a much more risky move than usual, due to my main complaints about it: Too slow and the invincibility doesn't start high enough. Benten is unfortunately a bit unreliable in general, but what I really should be using is 2K. Makes a very good close AA by virtue of ducking things. I'm also wondering if I can hit Eddie out of the puddle unblockable with a reversal benten.

Edit: Also: Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis? Axl rules at building guard bar!

I'd say that going for 6P is a good idea sometimes, but Eddie's j.K makes it a much more risky move than usual. Benten is unfortunately a bit slow, but what I really should be using is 2K. Makes a very good close AA by virtue of ducking things. I'm also wondering if I can hit Eddie out of the puddle unblockable with a reversal benten.

:?: First: The puddle hits low right and eddie is comming from the air so which benten to go for??

:?: First: The puddle hits low right and eddie is comming from the air so which benten to go for??

Light benten, on the hopes that Eddie dashes in low enough to get hit by it. With perfect reversal timing, the wakeup invulnerability prevents you from getting hit by the puddle right away, and unless the Eddie is doing the unblockable wrong (in which case you could just block low then high), He'd have to dash in to try to get a meaty overhead. The unknown is whether the Benten would actually hit him out of it, or if it would just fail as an AA like it usually does.

Very good matches, that was quite an enjoyable watch. Very nice combos from both and Teyah's rushdown brings back scary memories from T8 hahaha. Just a some questions though...

Teyah: Why don't you fortress jump when you see him going for the unblockable??? He punished you hard twice with the fake out, but you could have easily fortressed the 6K both times.

Maybe he wanted to attack? Fautlessing for long enough to confirm that it's not a fake can lose you a CH.

DW: Why the 2k -> pause, he robbed you of your rushdown twice for no reason If you were trying to bait burst can't you just do 2k -> cS -> 2d??? or at least 2k -> 2d. I find it works for me fairly well.

I think you're referring to match 3, in which that happened twice. The first time I did it (when it hit and I just kind of did nothing), I just fucked it up because I was sleepy or something. The second time (when he IB'd and raped me) was me going for a tick-throw. The best laid plans, you know?

Anyway, did Stephen get in on the action too??? I would like to see some Axl vs Baiken matches too if you recorded any.

Yep, and I lost hard. I really don't know that matchup very well, so probably not going to be anything useful for you in those vids if Teyah decides to up them.

Ahhh true, I forgot about tick throws. Too bad Baiken matches went bad though, that would have been interesting to see.

Yeah. I'm gradually learning to crack baiken with weird tickthrows and Rashousen setups, but it's hard shit. Probably one of Axl's worst matchups (up there with Venom and Jam, but for different reasons), and definitely the weirdest.

@ DW Nice matches, your Axl is very solid and you play him quite aggressive, which is always a crowd pleaser^^. Your spacing is very good, you know the ranges / speeds / priorities of Axls moves really well and you did quite a good job dealing with Eddies rush. Nevertheless some things I believe you could improve (but most of it is it "try it out and see if it works for you" stuff) - You lost the nerves in some anti air situation, where you just kept spamming 2S or 5P (onece even when Eddie was clearly out of vertical reach, what is even more dangerous thanks to his Shadow Gallery). As long as Eddie is on the ground spamming 5P is fine, but as soon as he has left it it's a "do it on sight" thing. Especially against Eddie you usually have lots of time to aim for your shot^^. There were some situations where you gave it away because of that (and in my eyes this actually is one of Axls real strengths; work a bit on that and your Axl will get even scarier^^). Btw.: The only 6K I saw you doing was when you expected Eddie to go airborne (what he didn't :P). 6K is an option as soon as a chara has left the ground from some range as from there on it gets hard for most to punish you if you let if whiff (still some can). [actually I guess you are aware of that last one so it was just for the rest of the readers :P]. Once Eddie Jumps and tries to fly at you he just entered your realm; hold your nerves and shoot on reaction. - You should try to work more on long range; not that rushing down is a bad thing especially since you did quite well getting in.. but try to use more double jumps in all directions to play with the reach of j.S (or even a low j.P) and vary the timing. From there you will even get chances to get in trough j.S into pressure. There's not much that Eddie can do about that and should he try to go airborne as well you are still in the reach of j.6P. Use this together with your ground based options (and btw. there are more moves than just 5P even that that move is damn good in that matchup ^^) to force him to do something about it and see how you can utilize that that to your advantage (especially should he resort to flying). - I don't think I have seen enough of your techs, but I had the feeling that sometimes you could have made it over Eddie instead of teching into the corner (from my experience you are usually faster or out of reach for his 2H and only the shadows -S- is a problem).. and in another situating midscreen you teched neutral and had to deal with Eddies anti air options, while I think a simple tech back would have brought you in a range where you could have interrupted Eddie with j.S before he could do anything.. but I maybe got the situation wrong, so you tell me^^.

@ DW

Nice matches, your Axl is very solid and you play him quite aggressive, which is always a crowd pleaser^^. Your spacing is very good, you know the ranges / speeds / priorities of Axls moves really well and you did quite a good job dealing with Eddies rush.

Thanks muchly. Like I said earlier, I think the aggressive approach is the best way to beat Eddie, who has a lot of the same defensive problems as Axl.

Nevertheless some things I believe you could improve (but most of it is it "try it out and see if it works for you" stuff)

- You lost the nerves in some anti air situation, where you just kept spamming 2S or 5P (onece even when Eddie was clearly out of vertical reach, what is even more dangerous thanks to his Shadow Gallery). As long as Eddie is on the ground spamming 5P is fine, but as soon as he has left it it's a "do it on sight" thing. Especially against Eddie you usually have lots of time to aim for your shot^^. There were some situations where you gave it away because of that (and in my eyes this actually is one of Axls real strengths; work a bit on that and your Axl will get even scarier^^). Btw.: The only 6K I saw you doing was when you expected Eddie to go airborne (what he didn't :P). 6K is an option as soon as a chara has left the ground from some range as from there on it gets hard for most to punish you if you let if whiff (still some can). [actually I guess you are aware of that last one so it was just for the rest of the readers :P]. Once Eddie Jumps and tries to fly at you he just entered your realm; hold your nerves and shoot on reaction.

Aye, I think I was a little more nervous about Eddie's j.K beating things than I should have been, and that definitely lost me some rounds. This is a very "do what I say, not what I do" situation, because in most circumstances, I'd definitely advocate waiting a bit to see which direction to send an attack, rather than throwing something out predictively (except in a few tech traps and at the start of the round).

- You should try to work more on long range; not that rushing down is a bad thing especially since you did quite well getting in.. but try to use more double jumps in all directions to play with the reach of j.S (or even a low j.P) and vary the timing. From there you will even get chances to get in trough j.S into pressure. There's not much that Eddie can do about that and should he try to go airborne as well you are still in the reach of j.6P. Use this together with your ground based options (and btw. there are more moves than just 5P even that that move is damn good in that matchup ^^) to force him to do something about it and see how you can utilize that that to your advantage (especially should he resort to flying).

I agree on the j.S stuff, but in the case of j.6P, I'm hesitant to say it's very useful in this matchup, as it's very hard to follow up and a fast tech gets Eddie where he wants to be to rush Axl down (Which is not to say that Axl can't do anything about it, but it's a very strong position for Eddie.)

- I don't think I have seen enough of your techs, but I had the feeling that sometimes you could have made it over Eddie instead of teching into the corner (from my experience you are usually faster or out of reach for his 2H and only the shadows -S- is a problem).. and in another situating midscreen you teched neutral and had to deal with Eddies anti air options, while I think a simple tech back would have brought you in a range where you could have interrupted Eddie with j.S before he could do anything.. but I maybe got the situation wrong, so you tell me^^.

On this one, since you're talking about specific situations, could you point out where in the videos you're seeing this? You're probably right, but I don't quite know what you're talking about. :psyduck:

I agree on the j.S stuff, but in the case of j.6P, I'm hesitant to say it's very useful in this matchup, as it's very hard to follow up and a fast tech gets Eddie where he wants to be to rush Axl down (Which is not to say that Axl can't do anything about it, but it's a very strong position for Eddie.)

I was mainly talking about a low j.6P that hits a standing Eddie (as I already said as it counters Drills and Eddies standing hitbox is quite high it actually becomes an option in this matchup). But I'd say that j.6P is still a good tool air to air as there are situations where you can reach Eddie but Eddie can't reach you. There may be situations where he could utilize the tech to come into a better postion but in some cases if you don't use the j.6P you hand that situation right to him.

In some cases you can just jump and go "hunting" him if he's already flying but wants to stay out of reach of your groundbased anti air options.

On this one, since you're talking about specific situations, could you point out where in the videos you're seeing this? You're probably right, but I don't quite know what you're talking about. :psyduck:

I'll see trough it when I get home and post it tomorrow (I guess).

I was mainly talking about a low j.6P that hits a standing Eddie (as I already said as it counters Drills and Eddies standing hitbox is quite high it actually becomes an option in this matchup). But I'd say that j.6P is still a good tool air to air as there are situations where you can reach Eddie but Eddie can't reach you. There may be situations where he could utilize the tech to come into a better postion but in some cases if you don't use the j.6P you hand that situation right to him.

In some cases you can just jump and go "hunting" him if he's already flying but wants to stay out of reach of your groundbased anti air options.

Ah, I hadn't even considered it as an air-to-ground option. Good stuff.

I'll see trough it when I get home and post it tomorrow (I guess).

Awesome.

Ah, I hadn't even considered it as an air-to-ground option. Good stuff.

Well yeah I'm not too sure about that one and it depends very much on the heith of the chara (like against Baiken it will nearly always whiff) but as I got good result even against very strong Eddies I'm still experimenting with it.

The Vids:

Forget what I said about your techs. After watching them again I realized that nearly all of them were really good :yaaay:. I apologize.

Your matches are really good, don’t get me wrong; what I comment are just some decisions I guess you could have made better and it is always easier to judge a situation if your not in the match itself (so yeah chance are good some of that stuff would have happened to me too :P). So please don’t get it wrong. Actually they are more fun to comment than most other AC matches posted here so far because all the basics are there (and much more) and one can get directly to the fun stuff^^.. (and yes I await to get this all back when I show up with some recorded matches :P).

(focus is mainly on movement and Anti Air behaviour)

Vid1 (a wacky vid btw :P):

12-13: Strange movement and why a 5P?

34: What was that air dash for (even that it worked out for you)?

47-50: That were weird 3 seconds^^.

54: I don’t use that move if I can’t RC it as the FRC won’t get you damage even if it succeds and still leaves you at a disadvantage.

1:46: 5P again where it doesn’t belong

Vid2

28-33: More movement.. Even when your not in range for 5P to hit just jump / double jump and use j.S; the drills can’t harm you

44-47: Same here.. and that air dash seemed to be too much "preplaned"^^.

1:19: Messed up air throw I guess, but going for that was a good choice^^

1:31: Hm.. I guess you wanted to do a 6K and the turnaround messed that up, but that close up it’s always 2S^^.

2:15-2:18: Again bad anti air behaviour

2:35 I know it was mainly do to Teyah messing up his timing put jumping out of an UB is just too good^^.

Vid3

24: btw. just that I see it (not too much related to the vid :P): Whenever you think your enemy tries to jump out of your rush you can use 5K, S©. It gives you enough time to see what’s going on and to continue with 2S or with your pressure pattern.

26: There I would have tried to make some distance or would have waited what that Eddie is planning.

1:11 / 1:19: You whiffing pokes.

Vid4

0:36-37: Nice, you did a 5P watched what your opponent did and acted accordingly^^. That’s the way.

1:00: End of the round, you have nearly no life and are caught in an Eddie rush and have 50% tension. Why no DAA? It’s not that you have much to loose? btw. did you ever use a DAA while being rushed? Use it more in such situations.

1:09: Ok you proved again that you can do it^^, but I still found the initial 5P inappropriate^^.

Vid5

8: What was that?

9: Ok here I think I would have delayed the tech a little and used an airdash; but still no bad tech.

22: Again I would have used an airdash to make some distance. DJs are good to delay falling down or to let anti airs whiff but here it left you right above Eddie what is not a position where you could do anything.

43: Risky stuff (even that it worked out) I guess you didn’t realize you had not enough tension for the FRC?^^

57: Overall very nice blocking in that first round, my compliments.

1:02: I see you being hit in the startup of another 5P. After you’ve done one always look how your opponent reacted to the first one, especially in that range.. or is it just a bad habit as in some matchups you can hit them out of stuff with it if the get that near?

1:15: Another missed airthrow I guess? Or just chicken blocking to avoid mixup?

Well yeah I'm not too sure about that one and it depends very much on the heith of the chara (like against Baiken it will nearly always whiff) but as I got good result even against very strong Eddies I'm still experimenting with it.

The Vids:

Forget what I said about your techs. After watching them again I realized that nearly all of them were really good :yaaay:. I apologize.

Your matches are really good, don’t get me wrong; what I comment are just some decisions I guess you could have made better and it is always easier to judge a situation if your not in the match itself (so yeah chance are good some of that stuff would have happened to me too :P). So please don’t get it wrong. Actually they are more fun to comment than most other AC matches posted here so far because all the basics are there (and much more) and one can get directly to the fun stuff^^.. (and yes I await to get this all back when I show up with some recorded matches :P).

No worries. As I've tried to make clear numerous times before, I'm always glad to hear criticism, and I'm never going to be offended at it (although sometimes I may disagree.)

(focus is mainly on movement and Anti Air behaviour)

Vid1 (a wacky vid btw :P):

12-13: Strange movement and why a 5P?
I don't quite remember perfectly, but I think that was a fucked up 623P.

34: What was that air dash for (even that it worked out for you)?
I jumped back, and then saw the j.K, and was trying to punish it. For some reason, I actually thought he wouldn't be able to block. Still, j.D gives a good amount of blockstun, so it worked out for me.

47-50: That were weird 3 seconds^^.
No question there. I think both of us were still mentally recovering from the magical "eddie-dropped-out-of-my-combo-for-no-apparent-reason" moment. :v:

54: I don’t use that move if I can’t RC it as the FRC won’t get you damage even if it succeds and still leaves you at a disadvantage.
Yeah, don't know what I was thinking there. If I know they're going to block it, I usually am able to space the landing so that I'm not in range of anything dangerous, so I must have thought I'd be able to hit him. Probably would have lost me the round if I hadn't FRC'd though. Either that, or I was going for the awesome "3rd hit crosses up inside his body" setup, which he was smart enough to chicken block, screwing it up.

1:46: 5P again where it doesn’t belong
"j.K? What j.K?" :psyduck:

Vid2

28-33: More movement.. Even when your not in range for 5P to hit just jump / double jump and use j.S; the drills can’t harm you

I think I was trying to scare him out of coming forward, but in retrospect, some offensive j.S probably would have served me better.

44-47: Same here.. and that air dash seemed to be too much "preplaned"^^.
My main mistake here was teching backwards from that burst. I think getting some offense going there would have been much better. Don't know what to say about the airdash, other than a j.6P, j.K, or j.D would have been better than j.H for sure.

1:19: Messed up air throw I guess, but going for that was a good choice^^
Yeah, definitely. I really wanted that corner crossup opportunity, and I think I might have been holding up or down slightly, which is why I didn't get the throw. That always sucks. :(

1:31: Hm.. I guess you wanted to do a 6K and the turnaround messed that up, but that close up it’s always 2S^^.
Aye. Notably, 2S input wouldn't have been crossed up, either. It's especially funny that I tried the 6K twice. Sleep deprivation is one hell of a drug. :yaaay:

2:15-2:18: Again bad anti air behaviour
Yeah, for some reason, I couldn't remember where I was in relation to him on screen, and kept thinking the 2S would hit. :v:

2:35 I know it was mainly do to Teyah messing up his timing put jumping out of an UB is just too good^^.
Yeah, as with all the unblockables I managed to avoid, that was super awesome. I just wish I could consistently reversal 1FJ (AKA "Flawless Chickenblock" :v:.)

Vid3

24: btw. just that I see it (not too much related to the vid :P): Whenever you think your enemy tries to jump out of your rush you can use 5K, S©. It gives you enough time to see what’s going on and to continue with 2S or with your pressure pattern.

Yeah, I have a bad habit of inputting very early on that gatling.

26: There I would have tried to make some distance or would have waited what that Eddie is planning.
Definitely.

1:11 / 1:19: You whiffing pokes.
Eheh. Yeah. I'm glad it worked out, though.

Vid4

0:36-37: Nice, you did a 5P watched what your opponent did and acted accordingly^^. That’s the way.

Yeah, I'm just glad the j.K didn't hit my 5P this time.

1:00: End of the round, you have nearly no life and are caught in an Eddie rush and have 50% tension. Why no DAA? It’s not that you have much to loose? btw. did you ever use a DAA while being rushed? Use it more in such situations.
In that particular situation, the huge startup of DAA only had a chance to activate off of Mawaru, which meant that he'd have had plenty of time to IB and punish, but I dunno, I just don't like DAA in general. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

1:09: Ok you proved again that you can do it^^, but I still found the initial 5P inappropriate^^.
Yeah, the flying was really weird to deal with, as many characters would have to fall into that after a double jump. I should definitely use 6K more in situations like that.

Vid5

8: What was that?

Airthrow attempt.

9: Ok here I think I would have delayed the tech a little and used an airdash; but still no bad tech.
I double jumped fearing a Nobiru, which I ended up trading with anyway.

22: Again I would have used an airdash to make some distance. DJs are good to delay falling down or to let anti airs whiff but here it left you right above Eddie what is not a position where you could do anything.
Eh, making distance is iffy v. Eddie, and since I couldn't see what he was doing, an airdash would have been risky, since it doesn't allow me to block.

43: Risky stuff (even that it worked out) I guess you didn’t realize you had not enough tension for the FRC?^^
Yeah. I was going for FRC into throw setup, but it's definitely good to know that you can get a 2K out so fast after a blocked raeisageki. I'm actually going to try to use what I did here more often to see if it works or was just a fluke.

57: Overall very nice blocking in that first round, my compliments.
Much appreciated.

1:02: I see you being hit in the startup of another 5P. After you’ve done one always look how your opponent reacted to the first one, especially in that range.. or is it just a bad habit as in some matchups you can hit them out of stuff with it if the get that near?
Nah, I think I was deciding between 6P and 623P and forgot to hit a direction. :gonk:

1:15: Another missed airthrow I guess? Or just chicken blocking to avoid mixup?
The second one. The j.H was a decision made after I didn't have to block anything, and I don't remember if it was an airthrow attempt or just to try and beat out whatever he was doing.

Yeah, as with all the unblockables I managed to avoid, that was super awesome. I just wish I could consistently reversal 1FJ (AKA "Flawless Chickenblock" :v:.)

This wasn't so much an accidental failed unblockable attempt (though it certainly looked like it) - I actually did realize that it would be far from meaty and hoped that DW would stay put and try to block an incoming mixup. But yeah, the reason for that missing so badly was that I failed to hitconfirm 2P-2D into 236H quick enough. Not too surprising on that night though...

Sign in to follow this