Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

During a press conference held in order to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Jojo series a new (this being the 4th TV series) anime adaption (51m 40s) was announced along with a brand new Playstation 3 exclusive video game (52m 45s).

This new title is being produced by Namco Bandai games and developed by CyberConnect 2 (Naruto Ultimate Ninja series, Asura's Wrath, .hack//Versus) and stems from their usual over the top flashy 3D arena combat. It seems the game will feature characters from Part 1-7.

========== Basic Information ==========

Platform: Playstation 3

Genre: 1-on-1 (?) Fighting

Producer: Namco Bandai Games

Developer: CyberConnect 2

Release: "TBA 2013"

Official Site

========== List of Playable Characters ==========

Jotaro Kujo

Dio Brando

Gyro Zeppeli

Wham

Joseph Joestar (Part 2 version)

Best. News. Of the decade. I don't care that it's not a 2D fighting game, like the Capcom one, I'm still hyped as hell. Not to mention the anime, oh my God today is a great day.

The characters confirmed so far:

Jotaro Kujo

Dio Brando

Gyro Zeppeli

ACDC

Joseph Joestar (pt.2 version)

Seems like I mistook Wham for ACDC, since it's the former who has the spinning arms attack used in the trailer. Been a while since I last read part 2.

//The lack of hype in this thread makes me sad.

I can tell you exactly why there's less hype for this game than there should be; CyberConnect 2. Everyone is going to write off the game because they're developing it, and with good reason (unfortunately) as the group hasn't made a truly deep or competitively attractive fighter yet, even worst they just keep retooling the same engine (UNS) which does leave alot to be desired (with this engine everyone pretty much moves and attacks in the same pattern, it's really hard to give characters distinct feelings outside of visuals, of which the company is AMAZING at).

I wanna believe .hack//VS was an attempt for them to try and make something more traditional and by effect more competitively appealing, either way I'm not writing the game off yet because I've been wanting to get into the series for a good while now and this seems like a perfect time to jump~

Also much as I hate to admit it, we don't have too much to chew on yet :s

I don't think that the developer has to do with the lack of hype, or should I rather say, the lack of discussion. I mean, I'd be fine with a page of two with stuff like "I love JoJo, I played the Capcom game, but it's a pity that CC2 is developing this one). But we only got five comments so far, and three of them are mine. It's quite... bizarre...

Though yeah, there's not that much to discuss. But come on, it's freaking JoJo, don't people have any emotions for that?

Let's hope this is less an anime fighter and an actual fighter. At least they should take a cue from other games with "stands" in them.

I hope it turns out great, i pray to god that this will not be slow like .hack//versus from what i saw in the .hack thread.

i'm hype for it though. i still play jojo on GGPO still.

Gimme dat delicious brown though.

OH MY GOD!!

A new game and anime, this is the best news of the year (well, if you exclude GG). F**K P4U, who needs a persona when you've got a stand. AND Wham is in this game!! Crap, just add Cars and Girono and I'll play hte hell out of this even with a system like UNS.

EDIT: Oh, also, I hope to god they have playable Johnathan and Part 1 Dio. Oh, and Bucciarati.

Capcom's Jojo fighter is officially coming to HD consoles through PSN/XBLA ($19.99/1600msp) on 8.21/22

Looked ok, still a beta version though im hoping. I can't call it Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure: Ultimate Ninja Storm yet because it doesn't seem to take the dumb arena style that it and .hack//Versus has, so im already a little more hopeful for it.

But if/when it turns out to have that same style, i don't care anymore.

Apparently this isn't a fighter...I'm assuming it will be like Asura's Wrath and will lack the means of multiplayer even though they've proven they could do so with this engine. Oh and it was all to save on the visual quality so...yay?

Looked ok, still a beta version though im hoping. I can't call it Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure: Ultimate Ninja Storm yet because it doesn't seem to take the dumb arena style that it and .hack//Versus has, so im already a little more hopeful for it.

But if/when it turns out to have that same style, i don't care anymore.

What...

Apparently this isn't a fighter...

An obligatory source request is in order.

EDIT: Okay, here it is:

http://andriasang.com/con1yr/jojo_interview/

Nothing in this interview outright says that we won't be getting a VS mode, just that they'd rather have the game be a better JoJo game than being a good fighting game, which includes the framerate. And I'm still perfectly fine with that.

I NEED A PS3! Oh and it looks like it will go through the story of Part 1 - Part 7. This game gets all of my hype. That intro to the video was amazing.

I think there is also some information about the system there, but the scan isn't too great to read it. I can make out "Stylish Move" and "Great Heat Attack".

Kinda weird that they announced Mista before Buccellati, who is basically the main non-JoJo character of Vento Aureo. At least Polnareff and Kakyoin are safe; I hope the latter still has his awesome stances.

And I'm still genuinely surprised that someone expected this to be something other than a fighting game.