Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Q&A / FAQ Thread

Damn, I'm having a tough time with Elizabeth's OTG mid screen combos.

How the hell you get the low attack to come out fast enough? I was onle able to do it twice with a 2.5/2.6k combo last night but that timing is crazy.

What combo are you trying to do?

What combo are you trying to do?

I got the timing now, don't worry.

I was trying to do the combo where Thanatos throws the opponent and you do an air juggle into otg. I figured it out in training mode.

i read the thread and didn't see it but is there a consistent way to combo ghastly wail midscreen?

Only if you combo into SB Bufu. However, I don't think it's worth it because many times the opponent isn't feared in these situations so the damage is very low.

Okay, so this is something that has been bothering me for a while. The Elizabeth wiki states:

Has anyone been able to do these refreeze combos? I've tried several times to no avail. It didn't bug me in the past because I never really read the wiki admittedly, but now that I'm seeing this, I'm wondering why I'm unable to do combos like 214A FC > stuff > 214B > AOA > mori. Was this possibly something taken out in 1.02?

It was possibly taken out. If you're saying you can't do it anymore, it's probably invalid.

I stand corrected. Damosu does it here.

Honestly, I can't even get that exact combo to work, the opponent techs after 2C. I don't know what's going on, since they are indeed playing on the console version. This is quite odd honestly. I also tried 5A FC stuff > 214A > IAD j.B > 2A > stuff > 214B, and it doesn't refreeze.

That is extremely strange, and is definately something that requires further investigation. Unfortunately I cannot think of anything to assist the situation.

It's not a combo, the meter resets when she does j.b. Had me going there for a second too!

(thanks bace >:C)

That's good to know, I didn't even see that. I was here trying to rack my brain around some combo that I knew didn't work lol.

Oh derp how did we miss that haha.

Thanks man.

Any Tips for connecting 236CD(9-2) > 236D(2) into a sweep?

I'm landing it maybe once every 5 attempts. Damn hard

Okay, another question. Bace started using this 5A, 5A repetition thing that kept Elizabeth safe because of 5A's great hitbox. I saw Okusan trying it, but I didn't exactly see the point he was trying to get across. He just backdashed after the third 5A. Is this technique supposed to bait your opponent into doing something of some sort? If you know about this technique of course.

You're not far off. 5A stagger vs. some characters can somewhat force them into a certain course of action. For example, if you were to use 5A stagger vs. Kanji, his only viable option would be to DP out. However, since 5A cancels into pretty much every other normal, you can simply just cancel the last 5A into 2D, and punish Kanji's DP.

Other players who are afraid to DP/mash may also try to upback. Going from 5A > 5A to 5A > 5AA catches jump-away attempts, and you get a decent combo afterwards.

Of course, 5A stagger isn't exactly foolproof, which is why Okusan had to back off after a while. Usually people would poke you through a hole in your stagger, and you'd be the one being comboed. Mitsuru comes to mind.

I did Ghastly Wail on wakeup against a Labrys-user online today. No Fear, and I doubt it was a counter because they were recovering from the autocombo.

4500 damage. How is that possible? I have the replay saved so I can look again and get info, but for now... whaaaaaat?

You most likely hit your opponent with 2C beforehand. 2C modifies the damage of Thanatos' next physical attack. In this case, 214214D goes from 2.5k to 4k~.

That's most likely it if the boost lasts until the next attack and doesn't run out after x seconds. 214214D may have just gone from "that thing I use when I'm being pressured" to "that thing I use whenever I could do a regular grab."

Another question: Is there any use at all for 236236C and 236236D? I haven't used them because of how insanely risky they are - I feel like while I'm taking the time to set them up, the opponent will just waltz over to me and eat me for breakfast while I'm pulling them out.

Yeah, the buff lasts until your next physical attack. I wouldn't advise you using 214214D in place of a regular grab. It requires that you be in awakening, as well as you having 50 meter. Additionally, it's way slower than a regular grab, and your opponent can react during superflash.

236236C/D are very situational. Outside of specific combos, for example, there's really no reason to use them. Some guaranteed situations in which you can use 236236C include during the superflash of Akihiko's Maziodyne (you can then 5B CH him into death), or after 214CD midscreen. The latter requires you to still get the opponent into a mix-up/combo.

I didn't know that 214214D could be reacted out of or that it was slower than a regular grab (input time aside). I thought it was either you're too close and touching the ground so you're going to be hurt, or you're far enough away and/or in the air and you can laugh heartily as Elizabeth stands there like an idiot.

Anybody know what the rules are for determining whether or not 5D will make the enemy bounce after the throw? I'm pretty sure that if you throw the enemy into the corner behind you, they'll bounce, and that there's some magic distance that causes bouncing, but that all I can tell. It almost feels random to me.

Anybody know what the rules are for determining whether or not 5D will make the enemy bounce after the throw? I'm pretty sure that if you throw the enemy into the corner behind you, they'll bounce, and that there's some magic distance that causes bouncing, but that all I can tell. It almost feels random to me.

If it's counter/fatal counter, then they'll wall bounce. If not, they Thanatos will just toss them behind you.

Pay attention to if it's a counter or not with a regular throw too, especially in the corner. If it's not a counter throw, then you need to OMC to follow up, while you can easily combo after a counter throw.