Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Labrys

Discuss the Labrys Matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

A.Zio only beats the A version. Every version of Zio loses B/SB. All maragis lose to Sb. CK. The others are too slow, and B CK will beat them at full screen.

Chain Knuckle has to be respected. We have no projectiles that beat it as far as I know.

Just make sure you're max distance away if you want to zio. If you aren't, just roll through it. If it whiffs, she's pretty negative.

This match-up is actually giving me a ton of trouble vs. strong players. I'd love it if someone with more experience gave some really good insight with how to approach it :)

what exactly is giving you trouble.
Handling Labrys in the air is a big thing, I passed it off as chance at first but something about her trajectory and that jB makes my AA 2B whiff all the time (labrys goes behind) or just get beat. Her normals seem pretty big and safe. I don't really understand how to regain control of the match once she gets in, I just eat her tiny mix-ups until she red axe supers for 50-60%.

I don't play elizabeth, but playing against toan a lot the other day, I felt like it was just.. rough trying to handle that j.B. It has so much range. When they make bad jumps, you can AA, but otherwise I tried to avoid it. And if you block it, they're in.

I think the right approach is just to avoid it. But Elizabeth's j.B is exceptional too, what about that?

j.b is good but it actually has a bit of startup before it gets to max range while axe girl's j.b hitbox like instantly takes up half the screen so pretty much 2b when you know you can and command dash if you think theyre gonna crossup

Does anyone have an overall verdict on who wins this match-up?
I think that Liz does now. I live with a decent Labrys player now so he's exposed some of her technology to me. I'll post what I can think of and update later.

Labrys' sweep > Tsurugi okizeme is just so underwhelming that everyone has universal options to beat it, so Liz's bad defensive options don't matter. Roll will beat everything but throw or explicitly trying to bait it. I'm pretty sure that wake-up mind charge > select correct option will beat literally everything Labrys can do after it.

jB is definitely fucking annoying. If you are certain that 2B will work, then do it. If you're even slightly unsure, roll it. This works quite well for stopping mindless IAD jB, and not letting her jump in for free is a very high priority.

Play footsies against Labrys. Her ground footsies are not good and Liz's jB is LOLOL good. Rushing her down is a bit unnecessary, force her to take risks instead. Do not IAD in on Labrys, 2B will beat it for free - however, jumping around and baiting it with Garu still works very well. labrys can't punish Garu on block so it's really really good.

If labrys has 50 meter and you are full screen range, DO NOT DO ANYTHING REACTABLE. Her super will beat it for free, and if she has red axe then the game is probably over. Labrys is only scary when she has red axe since basic hit confirm into super can immediately kill Liz. It will drain away after a while however, which is why playing footsies and running away from risky situations is really important. Garu combos are SO EASY on her and increase the combo's time, so abuse the shit out of it.

I figured it was slightly in liz favor. maybe 5.5 or 6-4 liz wins maybe.

labrys DP sucks

Labrys 5c oki works better after a sweep or auto combo then 22a spike. labrys has to time and space out 5c correctly though

Labrys can ex chain knuckle through to her almost fullscreen i think but thats the only easy way to get in. cost 25 meter. follow-up is countered with dp

air to air: labrys cant do anything and liz jb is better. lets not forget that command grab she has too.

ground to ground: liz persona too good. her 5C puts you in that guessing game i hate. her 5b good too.

jump ins with labrys: seems 50/50 to me since liz 2b is and labrys jb will clash or one beats out other. idk why

liz in the air vs labrys on the ground: labrys wins overall but you have that tornado move with liz thats annoying.

I can place random spikes fullscreen and upclose labrys has 2b and her 2c. even 5c works at certain ranges

I only need 25 meter to go from green to red axe at will. green axe and 50 meter or more and and a burst expect at least 4.9k and 7k+ at max. damage output depends on my axe level prior to the start of the combo. liz only has 7500 although her awakening healing super gives her 1500 back i think. those long 3k+ combos liz has sucks for labrys axe meter. axe level Will drop at least 1 axe level maybe 2 and i have to get back to her. Labrys can always run it back though easily just like any other match-up.

off-topic but one day i need to play you in person eshi.

Oh yeah, I forgot about 5C. It could be really abusable in neutral for this match-up, it has longer range than Liz's 5B and stays active forever and is hard for Liz to get around. Liz definitely needs to stay at a range where she can eat it on start-up.

Your points are pretty logical. It's a fairly fluid match-up but overall Labrys is just a more mobile Kanji. If Liz does something dumb and lets Lab in then she's in trouble, but otherwise Liz's space control beats Labrys handily and Labrys really needs to keep momentum to seal a fast win.

F*ck this matchup, f*ck this matchup, f*ck this matchup. I usually have like 0% chance of winning against a Labrys because of how retard strong they are. Sure they're supposed to have horrible mix-ups and cross-ups but screw that. All the Labrys's I meet all had an airdash type of mixup and always cross-up'd me, ending the round within the moment that I got caught in the needle... paralyze... stuck thing.... If you DO somehow block Labrys's blockstrings (like I fail to do) then you'll hopefully get an opening. (I say hopefully because I usually don't live long enough to see that happen. :P) Thankfully Labrys has some rather slightly lower-average health so it won't be too hard to take her down if you get her. But this match-up to me is like an endurance contest of unimaginable, rotten, almost ragequit worthy cross-ups and high-low mixups.